Author Topic: too long to train  (Read 3610 times)

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: too long to train
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2010, 12:28:32 pm »
sarras, honestly take your complaint directly to the boss, it is extremely unlikely he'll read it here.

Rigwyn

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2010, 05:37:39 am »
Do the math. Train one level in sword per day and you'll have it maxed in 100 days - less what you currently have.
1 level a day is doable given the amount of time that you play.

Those who work hard and devote lots of training deserve to benefit from their training.

Regarding the argument about having a life, I understand where you are coming from. I have very little time to play too. You can't expect to be all pimped out like the 14 year old player who skips his homework and plays from late afternoon until bedtime or joe jobless who lives with his parents, doesn't bother to work, and levels all day ;)

Set a realistic goal and chip away at it at your own pace.
If it helps set intermediate goals.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 05:47:02 pm by Rigwyn »

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2010, 07:48:06 am »

In my opinion, all of this discussion will make a lot more sense when the progression system has gone through some more tuning. I hope that one day we will see a more sophisticated process of training where you get various amounts of practice for doing different types of actions related to a certain skill. Of course, this would make things more complicated, but the progressive aspect of practice could be shifted away from longer durations of monotonic actions to increasingly complex and challenging procedures. A big problem about complains and the progression system is probably that no matter what will change in the rules, many payers will be unhappy with it.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2010, 07:55:02 am »

In my opinion, all of this discussion will make a lot more sense when the progression system has gone through some more tuning. I hope that one day we will see a more sophisticated process of training where you get various amounts of practice for doing different types of actions related to a certain skill. Of course, this would make things more complicated, but the progressive aspect of practice could be shifted away from longer durations of monotonic actions to increasingly complex and challenging procedures. A big problem about complains and the progression system is probably that no matter what will change in the rules, many payers will be unhappy with it.

Actually some parts of cooking are already a bit like that. Making some of the more complicated dishes (like noodles and dishes using noodles) require lots of different steps in particular order using different implements and workplaces and different ingredients. It is a lot less boring then just melting iron, making ingots, melting them and so on.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

Bonifarzia

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2010, 08:15:01 am »
Actually some parts of cooking are already a bit like that. Making some of the more complicated dishes (like noodles and dishes using noodles) require lots of different steps in particular order using different implements and workplaces and different ingredients. It is a lot less boring then just melting iron, making ingots, melting them and so on.

Indeed, and I highly appreciate such things. Also, I had the feeling there was a hard limit for obtaining cooking practice  with simple actions, which is definitely a step in the right direction, but probably the first in a long series of modifications.

Thanks for your efforts.

Madoring

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 12:05:40 am »
I dont think its that hard to train your character up.  Say you want to max out your swords/axe...beat it down all the way to nothing.  there is all the practice you need...now for the pps  go out with some friends and kill!  It is NOT that hard to get pps.  dig and smelt some gold for money.  you could spend your few hours a day planning to train instead of replying about how hard it is to train...
Enjoy

BWAHAHAHAHHAHAH ;D

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 12, 2010, 03:01:40 am »
now that i think about it, when i made this thread, i was extremely pissed at my lag. so it's more likely that my character hasn't advanced much due to a bad internet connection and real life issues, rather than levelling taking too long. the lag has kept me from playing. it takes at least 30 minutes to log on in hydlaa, combat crashes the game, and i constantly get freezes that last up to 10 minutes. that's why my character's been hanging out in kada el and can't really leave the city... not even to the library or arena.  X-/

weltall

• Associate Developer
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2010, 05:08:11 am »
looks like your computer is not able to run nowadays games

Xillix Queen of Fools

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2010, 10:44:39 am »
Please try to focus on the topic at hand and not drown this in petty arguments and flames. I cleaned only the threads leading in that direction.

If you think that training takes too long I highly suggest you make productive suggestions rather than attack one another.

I hope that people will understand that me asking them to complain directly to the person in charge is not personal, it's just that you're better off being heard in that way.

Sure this is the complaint department, but I imagine you want something to change more than you simply want to have a place to complain.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 11:00:06 am by Xillix Queen of Fools »

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2010, 07:19:36 pm »
i can see why that would work, i mean, how often do devs have, to read everyones complaints, if they are working most of their time trying to fix problems there already are...like lag and crashing..

its a lot simpler to just email the guy in charge
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2010, 02:20:36 am »
he doesn't read my messages anyway. idc anymore

Maisent

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2010, 03:14:48 pm »
there's only a tl;dr because i suck at writing

training takes too long. i don't want to waste all my free time leveling. surprising, i know, that some players have real lives. maybe levelling takes so long to keep powerlevellers away... idk. that wouldn't make sense because if training was easy, they'd get bored quickly. strict roleplayers could train too, and they wouldn't have to have characters who are ic powerbuilders yet ooc pansies. just let everyone max out if they want, and there will be more roleplay, if that's really what this game is looking for.

i'm sarras volcae, and i approve this crappy message

well for me trainign is easy, all you have to do is find a strong creature, go on defensive and then do something else until you rank up, then go train the skill then etc, but for magic training it is hard since it costs much moneya dn PP and also you have to keep pressing keys to rank up which is annoying c

Aiwendil

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2010, 03:23:21 pm »

Sarras Volcae

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2010, 09:18:42 pm »
well, it's impossible for me to train now. my computer's a big stinky turd.

Earowo

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Guild Site
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2010, 12:30:05 am »
that sounds like a personnle problem
Dohmo: Please clean up your language immediately.
Me: as i just said, what i said, fits in the guidlines of rated PG, i was just explaining to the G guy
Dohmo: Sorry I tried to e nice
Dohmo: and i'm telling you to clean it up. last warning
Dohmo: now just do it
Dohmo: No more warnings

Abuse?