Author Topic: Thekkur's roleplaying boards - rules apply here, so no chaos!  (Read 6052 times)

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2002, 12:24:32 pm »
Clasping the back of my head gently while leaning heavily upon the slick wall.I attempt to discern the damage done without sticking my hand into any spot to tender on the back of my head as I reel from the different sensations coursing my being while trying to maintain conciousness and get my bearings without making any sudden movements.Groaning slightly in pain while thinking of how much i would love to wring the neck of the man who hit at the same time wondering aloud \"Why Me? then I pause and check my wound from the graze from the longsword to make sure everything is in working order.

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
6 Kerrick/Kroan
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2002, 02:57:47 pm »
\"I\'m willing to help,\" I say slowly. Maybe these \"shadow riders\" knew something of how and why had come to be here without my memory...
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

Kroan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
6 Kerric/Kroan
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2002, 10:00:09 pm »
After telling here story Eloion looks pleadingly into Arins eyes. Slowly Arin responds \"I\'m willing to help\". Kroan can understand his reluctance the shadow riders seem a fearsome force. Then Eloion looks into Kroans eyes in that silent plea. Unlike Arin there is no hesitation in his response, he has no choice but to honour the vow he made many months ago, he smiles \"I shall do all that is within my power to help you and your village\".

Jandryl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2002, 11:33:38 am »
Slowly opening my eyes, I glance around the alley furtively making sure that I am alone. The explosive pain in my head making my sight a little blurry. Seeing no one around I open my violet eyes fully, waiting for the pain to subside and my eyesight to clear.

Pulling myself to my feet, I notice a water barrel at the end of the alley an stumble toward it on shakey legs. Looking into the cool water of the barrel, I notice a trickle of blood running through my dirty blond hair and over my pointed ears.

I dunk my head into the cool water to wash away the blood from my head running my slender, yet strong hands through my fine hair. As I look down the main road though this quiet village, I notice a farmer steering an ox-cart though the muddy street. Checking to make sure my father\'s Demorian longblade is still strapped to my side and loose in it\'s sheath, I call out to the farmer in the street.

\"Old man, what town be this?\"

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
7 lenric
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2002, 12:05:32 pm »
and everything is. you slowly walk forward, scanning the wall with your hands and the floor with one foot. The walls feel slimy, and the floor is unevenen and scattered with crisping things. Around your feet you hear some tripping of tiny paws, and you don\'t want to know what these are...Then your hand feel a different material, and you try to make out what it is. It feels like a wooden door... indeed, it is a wooden door, you can feel the hinge. just as you want to try open the door you hear a trembling voice ask \"who\'s there?\" from behind you.

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
5 firestorm
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2002, 12:09:45 pm »
you just get the the idea it might be some monster ready to eat you alive, but then you hear someone muttering to himself \"why me...\", and then you hear some moaning and someone scuffeling. \"who\'s there?\" you ask into the balck, and you hear your voice trembling. at the same moment you feel something sliding over your right leg...

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
7 kerrick/kroan
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2002, 12:51:26 pm »
\" I did not expect anything else...\" Eloion says, and she looks into your eyes. \"we must go quick, and linger no longer.\" She stands up and walks to a cupboard in the other end of the room. \"this might be useful\" she says, and she gets out three black mantles. \"Put this on, we won\'t be recognised in this.\" she says, and she puts one of the mantles on. You follow her example. She walks to the front door,a nd peeks out quickly. \"follow me\" she says. You follow her outside, and as you run through the muddy street you have the feeling you\'re being watched. Eloion turns into an ally, and into another one. You keep running through the small allies and past closed shutters, you don\'t see no living being. Then Eloion stops in front of a door, which looks no different from others. She gives a roffle on it. from behind the door you hear a voice speaking in a strange language, though other than the one you heard the two men in Eloions house speaking. Eloion answers the voice, and the door opens. You all walk inside, and behind you you hear the door closing. The room is dimly lit, and on all sides you see working benches and cupboards. In another room adjacent to the one you\'re in you see barrels stacked up. This seems to be some sort of distribution centre... An old man  walks past you and walks into the adjacent room. \"come Eloion,\" he says\" I have to speak to you. Eloion turns towards you \" please wait here, i have to talk with Gheron. I\'ll be back soon...

After some time the two return. Eoion speaks: \"We made up a plan to get us into the dark area, although we don\'t have a clue what to find there... Today a servant of the shadow riders will come and earn the taxes. The servant never says a word, and never checks the barrels in which the taxes are stored. We had this plan for a long time, but we didn\'t have enough brave men to risk something like this. Now we have to be quick though, else the stranger will be...\" she stops, and looks towards Gheron. Gheron nods. Eloion truns towards you. \"Gheron will stay here, but his son Hunian will come with us. We will hide in the barrels, and the servant will take them. what comes next... only laanx and Talad know what comes next... We have to hurry, the servant can be here in any moment now.\"

You haste towards the adjacent room. There you notice two large doors, and a little patio. Gheron walks towards some large barrels that are stacked up in the corner and opens them. \"Get in quick\", he says, and you climb into the barrel. Before he closes down the lid he wishes you luck. Outside the barrel you hear Eloion Gheron, and another man talking in the starnge language. Then you hear two more barrels opening and closing. Gheron warns you, and flips over the barrel. Then he slowly rolls it forward.

Kerrick: you notice a small hole in your barrel, through which you are able to look. You don\'t see much now, because it\'s turned towards some other barrels.

You wait for a long time, but finally you hear Gheron whispering: \"he\'s coming!, be quiet!\" Then you hear a terrifying voice speaking. You can\'t make out the words, but you can hear Gheron answering with a trembling voice. \"righ away master... it will... be done right away master\" You hear the large doors open  and someone coming. The barrels are rolled again, and upto a slope.

Kroan: you stomach doesn\'t feel so good with all the turning...

After some time you hear a sissing voice, and it seems like you\'re on a moving cart... You\'re on your way! where will fate take you this time?

Thekkur

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
2 Jandryl
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2002, 12:58:16 pm »
ooc: who says he\'s an old man?

The man on the cart has a endless stare. he neither looks at you, nor talks to you... You\'re in the way of his heavily loaded cart, but he doesn\'t seem to be going to stop. You step out of the way of the ox cart. As it drives past you, you hear a grunt from one of the barrels on the cart, and you get the feeling something fishy is going on here... The barrels are covered with a tarpaulin, and you notice a part of it hanging loose.

Firestorm

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2002, 06:34:56 pm »
As the feeling goes down Flegran\'s leg, his reflexes get the better of him. Flegram smoothly jumps from the ground, toward the thing which had touched him, and falls once again.... His already wounded leg can no longer hold him up.  
Flegran screems in pain, hoping that someone can help him before he dies in this darkness.

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2002, 06:53:51 pm »
It takes me a few minutes to recover from rattling around in the barrel and regain my bearings. The barrel is already getting stuffy and hot; I hope the wagon ride doesn\'t last long.
  I put my eye to the hole to see if I can see anything...
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

Jandryl

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2002, 09:50:03 pm »
Torn between the hungry growling of my stomach and an overwhelming Demorian cuiosity and desire to investigate all things out of place, I quickly glance back at The Flaming Troll before my curiosity gets the better of me.

Drawing my father\'s Longblade, I silently approach the ox-cart from the rear and ever so gently slip under the loose portion of the tarpaulin. As my heart races with adrenaline, I quietly work my way between the barrels and lay as still and quiet as possible on an old ox-cart, ready for anything that might happen.

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2002, 07:51:55 am »
Gasping shortly in startlement at the voice, Lenric turns covering his head with his left arm.
 He mutters\" Who am I who are ye?\" he then firmly says, noting that the sound came from within \"I be a man that is not easily crossed as the fellows who jumped me and threw my carcess within this darkened slime rodent infested crawl space shall find out.
\"One of those oafs blindsided me as I was making my way from the privy trying to get past another fellow.\"
 Who be ye? I say again, dost ye know who these fellows be and what reasons they have detaining me. I will be slave to No man.\"

Lenric leans back agaisnt the wall waiting for a response.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2002, 07:57:50 am by Lenric »

Kroan

• Traveller
    • View Profile
7 Kerrick/Kroan
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2002, 08:57:11 pm »
(occ: Sorry for the slow response it would not let me sign in again  X(  )

Kroan clenches his hands tight as he is buffeted about in the cramped confines of his barrel. He has never liked confined spaces and that combined with the rolling and bumping is making him feel decidedly queasy. \"Please by the light let me out of here soon\" he mumbles under his breath.
Kroans wonders how Arin is holding up with all the bouncing. He grins \"most probably better than me\" a sudden jolt to his barrel turns the grin into a grimace.  Suddenly Kroan becomes conscious of a quiet scuffling noise near his barrel.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2002, 09:02:52 pm by Kroan »