Author Topic: The legend has wings  (Read 11568 times)

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2003, 10:18:40 pm »
moving out of the forest in to a clearing, Balac streached his acheing wings, it was time to fly again. Flying was exuashting  and demanding, often many the one thing all other races could never ever do young kylows would meet an untimely end by pushing themselves to far and to hard, But it was faster than walking or hitching a ride from some merchant, flying also made tracking him very diffcult

He took a running start , it was often easier to leap of a clif or hill but there was none close by where he had landed, he could have taken of verticaly but that would have taken up alot more strength then was nessary to atain flight.

He was soaring now above the tree tops, and even after so many flights the nolvetly of being able to fly never worn off, it was freedom doing so escaping from naturaly.

\"turn right\" it was the crystal, balac had often questioned the crystal\'s jugment but he knew it was never wrong. He leaned his body weight towards his the right and his body followed. And there just under the horzin lay their destination

it was getting dark now, it would be easier to land in side the city walls with out being seen \"perfect \" he though
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2003, 10:24:55 pm »
Hey no fair keldorn. Now you will find out my secret identity. Then you\'ll either have to join me or become my mortal enemy:P. But whatever you do keep my secret to yourself;). Third part:

The Master

Auran hesitated a moment. He never had shapeshifted to his original form in these realms. His reasons were various but the most prominent ones in his mind were that if anyone saw him, it would give away the presence of a strange being like him and more likely than not he\'d have crazy demonologists or bounty hunters on his trail. Distraction and constant botherations were the last things he needed. But there was another more powerful reason. His native form didnt appear to tolerate the light of this subterranean sun. He tired very soon if he lingered in it. But none of these mattered here. There was no sun and he certainly hoped noone would be foolish enough to follow him.

Auran form tensed and stretched out as the transformation began. His skin grew drarker until it was dark as the granite which formed the pillars. His eyes were wreathed in fires of hell. A hot blaze swirled about him as he rose into the air and began to grow to almost twice his human size. Talons sprand from his fingers as he lurched and his back grew arched. The wings behind him formed. Tattered wings of flame. Auran leapt from his perch and soared towards the statue. He came down in front of it. He felt comfortable in this place, one devilkin in the temple of another. He smiled as he felt the piled skeletons crackle and splinter  under his feet. He touched the statue\'s head. It was cold and grimy. It had been bathed more than once in blood. The ironwork reeked of death and decay.

Auran smiled and turned. Maybe someday he would have followers of his own. The altar was right in front of him. A low pedestal of stone about two feet wide on either side. The crystal lay in its center amid various other relics and bits of dead mortals. A hand seemed to be clenching it. The part under the elbow was missing.

Auran reached for it but suddenly drew his hand back and turned. The liquid of the ring pool was in turmoil. It seethed and bubbled. Some enormous creature appeared to be swimming in its depths. \"How deep it this thing!?\", Auran wondered. He drew his great sword. Its blade licked by flames the sword glowed an incandescent red. He feared little but was apprehensive. Cleary a gaurdian of the temple, the supposed \"Vermin Keeper\". A lesser devil perhaps. He prepared for a battle just in case this creature didn\'t recognise him as the master race.

fin

Good job Keldorn. You put in a chapter title. Why dont others follow suit.

Auran. No More.
Forget you ever knew me kid.

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2003, 06:42:18 am »
Heh, we\'ll see where this goes Auran. Don\'t even know that myself yet  :P

Foolish boy

Keldorn kept to the wall, it was the most dry part. The ground was higher there and most of the black water was in the middle of the narrow corridors.
Keldorn\'s eyes were starting to get more and more at ease in the darkness.
The sewer was a maze, various corridors leading to unknown places. His heart was beating faster and faster.
He could just picture himself dying here in this sewer. Dying?, Keldorn thought. He realized that he had never thought of dying before. It was something you do when you are old. That\'s how it was supposed to be, he never realized adventurers had to live with this everyday. Who knows what could be lurking down here?
And even if it was deserted, there was nothing eatable anyway. He would die of starvation for sure.
A rat ran by Keldorn\'s feet, Keldorn was so tense that the rat made him jump back in terror.
Keldorn grabbed for his short sword and kept it at the ready. Breathing heavily, his eyes going fast to every corner expecting some hideous monster to appear.
When nothing happened for a minute, Keldorn slowly got himself back together again and moved on. But his sword was still firmly in his paws, he would not let go of it till he was out of this hell.

Just as his thoughts had brought him at the verge of panic he heard a noise up ahead. Unearthly sounds, there seemed to be an eary glow coming from down one corridor.
Keldorn kept in the shadows, he didn\'t want to give his position away. He slowly moved from shadow to shadow closer to the place where he had heard the sounds.

There was some hall down there, a statue he could see now.
The statue was hideous, why would someone create such a statue? And what was it doing down here?
Keldorn did not have much time to ponder about this, as when he got closer he spotted something else.
Keldorn gasped, there was someone, something, standing there.
It had .. wings, it\'s skin looked tough. Like he had seen in the fields where he grew up, some of the creatures there needed twenty men with spears to be able to bring it down.
It was the only comparison he could make with what little experience he had.

The creature was dangerous, he knew that much.
Keldorn kept in the shadows, watching the creature. Too terrified to move, hoping, or even praying that the creature wouldn\'t notice him.

Keldorn was trying to control his breathing, which was getting harder to do by the minute. Suddenly he let his sword slip from his hands. The young enkidukai tried to catch it before it hit the ground, but was too late.
A loud noise of steel hitting a hard rock floor could be heard throughout the hall.
Keldorn quickly dove even further into the shadows, making himself as small as he possibly could.

He closed his eyes, too afraid to look in the direction of the creature. He just wished he had never even left home. That it was all just a dream. How foolish he had been.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 06:44:59 am by Keldorn »
m.vanes

Auran

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Quite pants really...
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2003, 11:00:17 am »
Here\'s the next installment:

The master: Part 2

A sharp metallic sound drew Auran\'s attention. He glanced up. It came from the direction of his former entree. He had been followed. He would have investigated but the matter at hand was pressing. The pool grew more turbulent by the second.

Suddenly it grew calm and out of it started streaming vermin. Rats of every description, their little eyes growing yellow, swarms of crawlers, beetles and worms. But most of all came flies. Swarms of monstrous flies buzzed and flew in the hall till it rang with noise of their wings. Auran waited. He knew that the master of these legions had to make an appearance. And so it did. A terrible abomination, a living mass of cadavers! It had a roughly humanoid form. It quivered like a gelatinous mass and indeed that it was for it was composed of decaying flesh. Auran could make out bits of visages which once adorned mortals among its form. There was no face! A gaping maw lined with countless teeth greeted him with a hoarse moan. \"A construct!\" exclaimed Auran. He marveled the workmanship of the makers who had crafted this being of nightmares, the Vermin Keeper. He had little intention of destroying it. He had other plans.  

The keeper paused for a moment. It seemed to recognize something. \"Perhaps the master race?!\" thought Auran. He lowered his sword and advanced a step. The keeper suddenly gave a low moan and lunged at him! Auran side stepped as the creature brushed against him. It had a purulent warmth. It made a gurgling noise as Auran\'s blade plunged through it. A sharp hissing sound indicated that the blade scalded as it went through. It was like plunging a knife through pudding. The sword slid effortlessly in and out without harming the creature much.

Auran readied for a second attack. But the creature hesitated now. It had tasted the infernal blade and it struck a note in whatever mind it possessed. Still it was unsure. It drew back to the edge of its pool and suddenly Auran found himself being rushed at by the vermin army. Auran smiled. The creatures stopped dead in their tracks. They dared not approach for they sensed a greater evil. And as suddenly as it came, the keeper was gone. A squelching sound announced its departure and along with it its vermin legions. Auran was satisfied. The creature was his now.

Auran turned to his original objective. He strode towards the altar and grabbed the crystal. No sooner he had grabbed it he recoiled with shock! The crystal seemed to penetrate his skin with sharp barbed tentacles! The  tentacles tore through his veins and reached for his heart. Auran groaned with the intense pain but held on. He had expected this. The artifact had not been intended for his hands. It was rejecting him with all its fury. He clenched it tighter as the tentacles reached for his heart and started crushing it. He could bear no more. He threw it down with force. The power was not meant to be his. He roared with anger and the passages rung with his cry. His eyes glowed fiery red and flames leapt from them as he grabbed his sword. He struck the statue of Baalzebub with the infernal Vorpal. The iron melted in the path of the blade and the cleaved torso landed with a crash at his feet.

Somewhat pacified, Auran quickly decided what to do next. He tore the end of his vest and make a crude bag. Then he gently prodded the crystal into it with a bone. This done he carefully picked it up and tucked it into his sash. with a flap of his mighty wings he rose and headed the way he had come from. Suddenly it struck him. The hole must be surrounded by curious busybodies of the town by now. He must find another way out. He headed for the opposite sewer and flew into its darkness completely forgetting his clandestine companion in the process.

fin

Auran forgot you Keldorn. However you didn\'t learn who the fiend you saw was. I await your actions :).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 11:07:27 am by Auran »

Auran. No More.
Forget you ever knew me kid.

seperot

• Veteran
  • :G
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2003, 01:56:52 pm »
Seperot was getting angry no one in the tavern knew what the symbol was.  he asked artound the market and all his contacts none knew Suddenly a assasin jumped at him from above knocking the wind out of him. The feline roll dodged a sword ment for his head and quickly rose to his feet. the assasin was a female coverd head to toe in black and bearing a longsword. Seperot had no further time to thing befor the assliant lunged at him. Seperot was more ready that time and parryed then swung for her arm. She was fast but not so fast to dodge the blade as it came down slicing her fingers as she tryed to move. she grabedher hand as seperot kicked her to the ground and stood on her one foot lightly on her throat \" who are you?\" The rogue demanded pressing down on her neck. the people in the town square where staring in shock of what had just gone on Sepeort knew the guards whould be here in a minuet so had to get his answer quick. she spat back at him and replied \" I shall tell you nothing scum exept your friends will die as soon as we have the crystal.\" she shot her hand to her mouth and chewed a small glass vial. Seperot jumped of her and kicked her he know she just took poison.  he moved into the shadows after losing a few people who followed him then walked into a cafe and sat down next to a feline who seemed spaced out he sweared he knew her. \"moogie?\"....

admitliy it lacks detail but you get the drift

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2003, 03:12:12 pm »
\"Uh?? ...Seppie!\" The rogue\'s sudden appearance snapped Moogie out of her thoughts, and the sight of him alive and well made her face light up with happiness.

\"Are you okay? Did you find what you were looking for?\" She asked. Seperot raised his hands in a gesture to calm the girl down. He seemed slightly out of breath, but answered calmly, with a sly grin spreading across his furry face.

\"You betcha I found it... look at this beauty!\" Said he. Careful to shield the artifact from the eyes of strangers, the Enkidukai pulled a small object from his pocket and showed it to the girl in cupped hands. Moogie marvelled at the crystal.

\"This... is one of the legendary crystals?\" Moogie asked. Seperot nodded, his smile broadening with her reaction. \"It\'s so beautiful...\" The girl said, admiring the crystal\'s sparkle that seemed to dance brightly in his hands. As she peered closer, however, Moogie\'s expression changed. The other feline watched as she seemed to show shock, worry and a hint of recognition all at once. He looked at her questioningly.

\"What\'s wrong?\" Moogie did not answer. At first, Seperot thought she had receeded back into her thoughts, that perhaps she had somehow become mad. But then he saw it. Her hand lifted her pendant from her chest and brought it close to the glinting object in Seperot\'s paws. Both felines gasped at the resemblance.

\"My god Moogie... you\'re right... by Talad, you\'ve had a crystal strapped around your neck since before anybody ever knew about the legend... you lucky girl!\" He exclaimed. Seperot was incredibly excited at this revelation. Now the Rangers had two of the crystals in their possession, he thought, and when he found Grakrim and Monketh they would have three! He grabbed Moogie\'s hands and bounced happily on his seat... untill he noticed the girl\'s silence. At once, the bright expression he had plastered on his face drooped.

\"What?\"

\"I\'m sorry Sep... I know what this means to you... but I can\'t let go of my pendant. I don\'t believe in this power struggle... nobody should have them all... you know?\" She knew what it meant, indeed. Her eyes pleaded with him to understand. \"Nothing good can come of all this. I hope you don\'t think... I\'m betraying you again...\" Moogie\'s eyes began to fill with sorrowful tears. No explaination was needed. Seperot knew the meaning and sincerity of her words.

\"Moogie... I know what you mean. I don\'t have a clue what to do now. I\'d never just take it from you, but you gotta understand that someone will eventually get them all. Even yours.\" He reasoned. \"Would you rather the Cabal, or the Black Order, or some other dark group get a hold of them?\"

\"Of course not... but I don\'t think anybody deserves this power, surely you see?\" Moogie cast her gaze down. As always, her hands were busy twisting and rubbing the pendant in idle fascination. Seperot had often wondered about her obsession and attatchment to that piece of jewelry... and now he understood why.

\"Look...\" The rogue began. He peered at her untill she looked at him before continuing. \"You don\'t have to hand it over to the Guild. I mean, not right now anyway. But you know something will happen soon... you know someone will find out about this and take it from you, whatever it takes. As long as you carry this little precious trinket, you\'re in danger. Do you understand that?\"

\"Yes.\" Was Moogie\'s curt reply. She nodded and clenched the crystal in her fist tightly. \"I\'ll keep it hidden from view, from now on. Now that I realise... what it is.\"

The two felines talked for a while more before departing the caf? together. They parted a little way down the highstreet, after Seperot\'s promise to her that he would protect her in any way he could. He hated to leave her with such a precious possession and grave responsibility hanging dangerously over her, but he had no choice. He must find his guildmates before they were lost forever.

Moogie made her way home, drifting once again into her deep, medatative thoughts.

Edited: Changed the guild name that Moogie mentions to one that is actually evil. ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 01:21:59 pm by Moogie »

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2003, 04:40:46 pm »
ooc: bah Moogie... that changes a lot...

Not much time had passed after Draklar left Hydlaa, when the strange feeling returned. The thrill began to spread over his body again. Starting with his right hand it moved up and up thru his arm, delivering him lots of physical and mental pain. He wasn\'t going to give up that easly. He used all of his strenght to stay conscious, but still... the thrill wasn\'t stopping its spreading. Soon it got to his neck and kept moving further. Suddenly... darkness covered his mind. He didn\'t feel anything anymore. He stayed in this state for some time, when from the darkness an image appeared. Some person... he couldn\'t tell who was it, but it was enkidukai for sure. It was rather small even for that race. Before he could notice anything more a blinding flash striked him. Next thing he noticed was that he\'s lying on ground. It seemed that not much time passed while he was having the vision. He stood up.
\"Indeed, the vision... what could it mean?\" - he wondered. - \"Wait, I had this feeling before... next to that kid... could the one from my vision be him?\" There was no time to lose. He had to find out. He turned back to the Hydlaa and run as fast as he could to the place where the explosion occured.
When he finally arrived, he couldn\'t find the enkidukai. \"Could he go down? If he was the enkidukai from my vision, it may be possible\" Draklar asked people around if they noticed anyone going down, but no one even knew about the small enkidukai. Disapointed he glanced at the exit. There were few guards standing at the demolished doors observing the passing people. Draklar had to try again. He asked the guards if they\'ve seen anyone like that going outside. \"Sorry, no\" - he heard as reply. Draklar quickly turned to the hole. \"Mayhap... he\'s there\" - he whispered. He started searching the area for anything he could use inside. He managed to build few primitive torches -\"Should be enough\" - he thought and turned to the hole. He looked inside again and sighed - \"Here goes nothing\" - he said and moved inside.
His feet finally reached the ground of the sewers. Using simple fire spell he lightened one of the newly created torches. The place wasn\'t pretty, something slimy was covering the walls and the floor. Without his armour, he wasn\'t feeling self-confident. He had to move further though and so he did. He started turning to various corridors trying to find the right path. Without any success. He thought he was lost in the maze, when suddenly he heard strange noises. Quickly he realised where were they comming from and rushed in that way. The noise started to calm down, but still, he was running in that way. Not carrying about his safety, in the rush he suddenly triped over something. He landed in slimy substance and quickly jumped back to his feet. He looked back. There he was, the enkidukai Draklar was looking for. \"Kid, are you alright?\" - he asked
The enkidukai looked up at the dermorian. \"Oh good... i thought something happened to you. - seeing the fright in his eyes, Draklar tried to calm him down \"Don\'t worry, nothing\'s going to happen to you. Let\'s start this properly\" - he smiled - \"My name is Draklar Az\'randal, what\'s yours?\"

ooc: over to you, Kel :P
edit: oh sorry, Kel... didn\'t notice, but i made a little edit :)  i hope tis ok now :)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 06:37:39 pm by Draklar »
AKA Skald

seperot

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2003, 06:13:42 pm »
Seperot had his head down thinking.He was thinking about how the pendant had worked its wayto an almost obsesive part of moogies mind. He was interested about how many crystals this cult had not many at most 2 seperot kewn where the 4 others where he listed it out in a mumbeling fasion Moogie, me, grakrim and...the mountan. The feline knew something most did not the the 5 crystals must all be brought to the mountan where the 6th was inbedded in rock. the magic of the crystal prevented it to ever be taken out. he then pondered on his own growing obsesion of crystals and the risks today alone he took foe a small piece of crystal. The rogue had ended up in an ally way but he wasent lost. He jumped off one wall and onto the other sides roof if he chouldent get the answer off someone he just wait for it to come by. Not 5 minuets later a dwarf walked down the same ally he did Seperot spoted a tatto on his shoulder and jumped down silently and started to follow the dwarf.\"The hunter becomes the hunted\" The rogue thought to himself as he followed the dwarf.

just to point out seperots info can bewrong about the mountan
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 06:18:16 pm by seperot »

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2003, 06:17:59 pm »
ooc: Oy! drak, noone was supposed to notice me go down the hole. There go my sneak abilities, flushed down the toilet. :P .... heh, thanks for the edit ;)

Keldorn looked up, a hint of recognition came over his face. Followed by surprise. The Dermorian!, he thought.
Keldorn\'s thoughts were racing back and forth, trying to put all the events that had happened in an order that it would make sense to him.
He only got more confused, What is the Dermorian doing here?, this all seemed so weird.

The Dermorian, now noticing the enkidukai\'s confusion and surprise, became a little unsettled. He repeated his last sentence, hoping to get through to the young boy: \"What is your name, boy?\". Trying to put on an as friendly face as he could possibly muster.
Keldorn replied; \"uh .. my name, yes. I\'m .. Keldorn.\".
Keldorn tried to stand up, to his own surprise he succeeded to pull himself up. He dusted his clothes off, somehow they looked even more dirty than before he did so.
Looking at himself he didn\'t feel like an adventurer, this was definitely not how it was supposed to be. \"Nice to meet you\", the Dermorian said.
He felt really stupid, standing there infront of the Dermorian. \"Ehm, I\'m not usually this dirty\", he said, trying to fake a smile.

The Dermorian did not seem to look at Keldorn\'s clothes, he instead ignored Keldorn\'s comment and quickly scanned the area around them.
When his eyes wandered back to Keldorn he said: \"What happened down here?\"

Keldorn wasn\'t really sure how to answer that question. He didn\'t even know himself what had happened, so how could he ever explain it to someone else?
Keldorn tried as best as he could; \"there was a creature here. It was .. there was a fight. .. and a crystal, there was a crystal.\"
Somehow he knew the crystal was important, he didn\'t know how, he just knew.
\"the crystal, he ... the crystal was burning in his hands. It seemed to hurt him. The creature took it, in a bag.\"
Keldorn tried to recollect more, put it into words. But he could not, he was allready having trouble keeping his current thoughts in a coherent order.

Keldorn looked at Draklar. It surprised him that Draklar seemed to understand some of the things Keldorn had said.
Noticing Draklar was lost in thoughts, Keldorn looked around the floor. He had lost his sword here somewhere.
He spotted it some meters away, when he had picked it up he turned back to Draklar and said:
\"What is going to happen now?\"

Draklar looked up in the direction of Keldorn, \"Well, first of all we should get out of this place. We should not be here for too long. It\'s too dangerous.\"

They moved on into the sewer, Keldorn following Draklar closely.
Some of the things Keldorn had said troubled Draklar, A creature, in search of the crystals, and the magic imbued in the crystal prevented him from picking it up. This cannot be good, I must speak to someone about this.

After several corridors they reached a long ladder leading upwards, light could be seen at the top, \"An exit\", Draklar said.
They both moved up the ladder when they finally reached the top, the streets were up there. Keldorn and Draklar crawled up from the sewer exit. The Azure sun hurt their eyes from being down in the dark for so long.
Keldorn was relieved to finally be up in the city again. Eventhough the city was chaos, it was far more preferable than being down there in that sewer.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2003, 06:48:02 pm by Keldorn »
m.vanes

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2003, 12:56:41 am »
[occ] Tycho speaks/thinks to himself, indicated in italics.    I try to have him speak as often as possible in prose or strange riddle speak, but don\'t expect any consistency there. [/occ]

An Eye About

\"I know myself as me, and me as I, and I as myself, but you do not know me, nor I, nor myself, so you can call me Tycho.\"

People were everywhere; rushing about to treat the wounded, dousing the flames, clearing away the rubble, and most just standing about trying to figure out what was going on.  No one would notice the barely visible figure, sliding across the rooftops or slinking against the back walls.  Sometimes it would stop and watch, like a cat surveying a garden, waiting for a sign of movement to indicate some small animal it might launch itself upon.  However this particular creature had no interest in pouncing upon anyone... not yet anyway.  For now, Tycho was content to stay hidden and unnoticed amongst the shadows.  And watch.  

In such a large city, surely there will be tales to behold, for many a great story is already rooted in this city of old.  Now looking around what can I scrye, searching this place with my ever keen eye?  There is a hole at the source of this mess, yes some folks have travelled down there indeed.  But, augh!  What a smell!  Why would anyone do such a thing?  I must only hope affairs below are of no entrancing grandeur, for that is a stench I simply cannot endure.  Then there\'s this matter of a lady healer and a thief, resolved by an old warrior with a heart full of grief.  And now she is gathered with the leader of her band, each discovering they have great treasures in hand.  What a city, what a time, I may find this trip worth my dime...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 02:16:28 pm by Wedge »
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2003, 01:22:24 pm »
Kidnap

It was the day after the explosion that destroyed one of Hydlaa\'s otherwise quiet, residential streets. Moogie stepped out of her house into the frosty morning air, pausing to take a deep breath and glance at the sky. The Azure Sun was still quite dull... 6 o\'clock at most, she judged.

With her, the feline carried a large rugsack, seemingly full to bursting with items. She had begun to worry about her safety, wondering if anybody knew about the pendant, or if someone had overheard her conversation with Seperot in the caf? the previous day. She had spent the night packing useful items, clothes, food and medical supplies, aswell as pouring through old books and maps of Yliakum, looking for a suitably secluded place in the world to hide herself from danger. When all preperations had been completed, she went straight to bed. She would be needing all the rest she could get that night.

The streets were silent and empty. The feline trod carefully along the icy road, watching as each breath materialised before her like a gentle puff of fog. She was glad to have wrapped up so warmly today. With her arms folded close, she followed the route that would lead her to the exit of the city.

A keen pair of eyes watched her from above. They narrowed in delight as they followed her along the street below.

The Enkidukai glanced upwards briefly- she had sworn she\'d just heard laughter from the rooftops. But no sound reached her pointed ears now. Perhaps it was just the wind.

She continued along the path, quickening her pace through the cold air. Something did not feel right. The girl had a horrible feeling that she was being watched from all sides. Sunlight would glint on something metallic in the darkened alleyways, yet when she turned to look properly, nothing was there. Her heart beat faster by the minute. Something\'s following me... I know it... this isn\'t just panic... I have to reach the guardtower..!

But she would never reach it. A huge bulky figure stepped out from between two houses just behind Moogie. It lunged forward and wrapped its huge hand around her mouth before she could even turn in suprise. Eyes wide with terror, the girl dropped her rugsack on the ground and began frantically trying to escape her assailant\'s clutches.

She yanked at his heavy arm, but he lifted her from the ground effortlessly. She kicked her legs with all her might, but touched nothing but air. Moogie was losing oxygen; the hand was so huge it was also cutting off her breathing through her nose. She desperately tried to scream, the noises getting caught in her throat, untill her vision began to fade and the feline\'s body slowly became limp.

Only when the girl was unconcious did the heavy attacker release his grip. He pulled the girl over his shoulder and trudged away in the opposite direction to the girl\'s intended destination. Behind him, Moogie\'s rugsack lay discarded on the ground, its contents spilling out onto the stone road.

Edited: Azure Sun details.  

seperot

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2003, 01:59:24 pm »
Seperot rubed is neck. sleeping in a empty closet wasnot his idea of a good sleep but to was the bestplace for him to sleep while stalking the dwarf. He awoke to the dwarf closing the door. He mover quickly pickedthe door and followed the dwarf again this time the small figure wasent looking for him he was moving out of town. at the outskirts The feline whatched the cult member walki into the dark forist the rogue hated the forist it was one place had little clue of what to expect. he followed the dwaft from the tree tops and veiwed his open a tree trunk like a door and walk down. the rogue stoped the door with his foot befor it closed. as he started to desend the door behind him made a dreaded click.he was trapped with only one wayto go, down. he carryed on down and found himself in a gigantic hall tapsetrys coverd the walls showing demon lords slughtering men. there was a full prosession and a strange figure talking in the center.\" We will soon have  crystal in our possetion the Wizards and near death there leader will soon fallto assasins and the girl has been captured. this leaves 3 to be found and once they are in our possetion i will use them to rule this land and you all will be my faithfull followers!!!\" mad cheers came from the rest of the hall. \"the girl......moogie!\" seperot thought to himself. he took another door right next to him and walled down the hallway.

After much searching he found a cell with 2 batterd wizards inside. he quickly picked the lock and moved inside. Monketh was already dead but grakrim moved slightly \" grakrim what happend?\" he gasped for breath \" they came without warning thousands of them\" \"have they got the crystal yet?\" the rogue urged inpatianly \"hehe *wheeze* \" grakrim opened his palm nothing was there \"what?\" seperot exclemed but then he whatched as the crystal slowly appeard his hand \" They never thought about checking for that *splutter* now go take it and leave if they find you they have 2 and all the work we put in whould be for nothing\" grakrim gasped for air as he spoke slowly his beathing stoped and whent lifeless. seperot dident whant to move he had lost everyone all his friends all exept...exept moogie! his thought of moogie returned as he forgot about the cult leader talking about a kidnapped girl. he stood up looked at the side and saw a giant fist coming towards him.

:P

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2003, 02:34:42 pm »
It was evening when Draklar was resting in his room in the Dark Empire\'s fortress. \"So the kid didn\'t know anything\" - he said to himself - \"If he wasn\'t the source of my pain then he couldn\'t be the one from my vision. Still... what was that creature he was talking about? Maybe leaving him alone wasn\'t such a good idea? What if this creature will try to hunt him down?\" Indeed,  just after leaving the sewers Draklar just left the enkidukai giving him five octas. But after asking him few questions he knew it wasn\'t the one from his vision. Draklar couldn\'t care less. \"If he wasn\'t the one then who was it?\" He lied in his bed and closed his eyes. \"Who?\" - he asked again. He started thinking about people he met that day. Suddenly he recalled his earlier encounter - \"C-could it be Moogie? If so she might be in great danger... there\'s no time to lose, but...\" Draklar was too tired, without some sleep he couldn\'t do anything anyway. But before he went to sleep, Draklar ordered one of soldiers to wake him up at the midnight - he had to hurry.
And so it happened. Soon after the midnight the dermorian started his travel towards the Hydlaa. He didn\'t have much sleep, but it was enough for him to walk in his armour. Still, he had to take some breaks and the travel took him few hours. But he was at the gates of Hydlaa now. All he wanted to do was to contact Moogie and get some more sleep. It was pretty early and the streets were still empty. Draklar passed the gates and further the guardtower, when he noticed something on ground. At first he didn\'t care about it, but when he noticed it was a rugsack (maybe from boredom) he decided to check what is inside. The greater was his shock when he noticed the clothes - \"T-those are... Moogie\'s. What happened to her\" - Draklar sighed as he probably knew the answer - \"What\'s with this girl getting into trouble all the time?\"
He knew what to do now and he wasn\'t happy about it - \"I.... I need to contact Seperot.\" - he sighed again -\"But how?\" Draklar was out of ideas. All he decided to do for now was to go to the Kada-El\'s tavern. Maybe he\'ll meet some Ranger there.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2003, 02:42:29 pm by Draklar »
AKA Skald

Wedge

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2003, 07:26:38 pm »
A Ghost At The Tavern

Draklar sat alone in the corner of the tavern, mulling over a pint of Kada El\'s finest ale.  It was getting late and not a single Ranger had stopped by.  Most strange since they were amongst the establishment\'s most frequent patrons.  His mind half a mess from the alcohol and indecision, Draklar was just staring down at his mug.  He sighed and looked back up... \"Waaaaa-ut the!?\"  Draklar stumbled back almost falling over in his chair.  There was someone sitting across the small table from him!  At first stammering a bit, Draklar quickly regained his composure and gruff demeanor, \"Y-y-you errr, ehm, what do you want?  I\'ve got a lot on my mind, and I\'d like to be alone.\"  The figure just sat.  Clothed in all-black garb, with only a pair of mute silver eyes visible from an opening in it\'s covering, it stared back at Draklar.  At first he just tried to ignore it, but Draklar grew annoyed and started to get up to leave.  

\"Wait.\"  Draklar looked about a bit confused, wondering where it came from.  His eyes fell back to the character still sitting at the table.  As they did, it spoke again, confirming where the voice had come from.  \"You are... unsure... you came here to seek answers, yes?\"  \"My affairs do not concern you stranger.\"  \"Perhaps not, but some resolve to your questions, I may be able to provide.\"  \"I do not believe you know anything I need, and moreover I\'ve no reason to trust a queer shadow such as yourself.\"  \"Most valid and well founded assertions those would often be sir, but this shade sees and hears many a thing.\"  \"Look I\'ve no time for your nonsense, now if you\'ll excuse me I\'ll be off now.\"  \"You won\'t find what you are looking for here, so when you are ready, make your way to the Zolokand Forest.\"

Draklar was heading towards the exit as it gave him that last piece of advice.  Just some crazy fool, it can\'t know anything...  Still he didn\'t have any leads so far.  Draklar turned back to perhaps further question the mysterious being, however he saw no trace of it anywhere.  It had vanished as though it were some sort of apparition.  Draklar trudged out of Kada El\'s, now even more uncertain of what to do.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2003, 12:02:59 am by Wedge »
Ninjas have feelings too.  Mostly they feel like dancing.

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Information
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2003, 10:18:00 pm »
hey errrrrr Mogura .... there is no sun in ps its some kind of magical light emiting diode ... errrr i mean crystal

the darkness covered my decent on to a small ally, i moved my body in to a siting position to absorb the impact of my landing.
I came down hard on the cobled ally. \"Behind you!\" the crystal hissed harsly , i was sure that the ally was deserted but again i knew that the crystal was never wrong, i turned my head around nothing there \" look in the shadows\" it wispered i stared harder in to the shadows and cought sight of the observer\'s eyes, they looked farmliar(sp?)
\"how long have you been observing me ?\"
\"long enough\"his voice was still as cocky as it was before
\"Have you found them yet ? \"  i asked
\"hmm questioning my ablitys, thats unbecoming of you\"
\"Have you found them yet ! \" i repeated my self
\"of crouse of crouse but it\'ll cost you\" i threw a heavy pouch towards the spector \"there,\"i said \"all the money you ever need\" a dark had reached for the pouch and inspected its contents
\"Hmmmmm...\" it seems that the contents arent enough for... \" before he could finnish i threw another pouch at sqarely in the middle of his chest, it caught him by surprise. He inspected the contents \" this seems enough \" and i was sure i could make out a smile behind that hood (or ski mask)
\"now tell me what you know\"
\"sure,\"he said confidently \" the ranger guild seems to be in possess two but not for long some other \"
\"what about the others ?\" i hissed
\"oh be patecient,\" said the shadow \"another enki moogie yes i think thats is her name has a crystal fashioned i to a amulet.\" he paused \"now for the bad news, there seems to be deamon shearching for the crystals ...\"
\"tell me about the deamon\"
\"well that would c...\" i threw another pouch at the shadow to my surprize he cought the bag in mid flight
\"now, tell me about this deamon\"
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.