Author Topic: Complaint about the Devs  (Read 1983 times)

RlyDontKnow

• Associate Developer
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Complaint about the Devs
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 07:07:19 am »
ummm...
It is impossible to even go there without support (from some high power ally), and even if I find one, I might be deadmeat due to lag - sorry, no fun.
there's not just 1 diamond mine. try another one, it's probably safer. if you want to visit dangerous places, you should be either strong or have a good guard. that's in no way different from other games.

ummm...
Same situation in the sewers, which I found first to be something of a training ground - heck - who puts thunder clackers or wrath rats there? they just don't belong! you don't even step out of the load zone and get creamed...
take the other entry? nobody forces you to go in via the one that is dangerous for you.

ummm...
sorry that I need to let off some steam, I see the work involved, but you should listen to all levels of play - and in the thread where you want combat stats, only some powerhouses posted so far... if THOSE get in trouble... well how about the people with lower socres? you don't really want us just trying to smash rogues in Oja, and even by that, we get too few PP to reach a good score, to get anywhere NEAR such scores as mentioned in the aforementioned thread...

there are many different places with all monsters for all kind of strengths. if you have issues regarding the strength of monsters, posting in the according thread just like you did will probably help solving that issue.
just try to keep in mind that devs are trying very hard to give thought to all kinds of playesr, but that's not a trivial task and it's just natural that nothing works 100% alright on the first attempt

Mordraugion

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Ex Dev and GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 09:11:14 am »
...sorry i kind of could not be bothered reading everyone's comment ...
but you expect others to read and understand your inane ramblings?
No longer a member of the PlanShift Development Team
Hokinon or Hoki on IRC

PS is not a democracy, nor will it ever be -- Karyuu 2006
http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=21049.msg230947#msg230947

Shoraal

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 09:51:15 am »

there's not just 1 diamond mine. try another one, it's probably safer. if you want to visit dangerous places, you should be either strong or have a good guard. that's in no way different from other games.

there is? tell me more...
if it is somewhere in the area I see "only black" (see appropriate thread) - yeah, nice. how am I supposed to find that?

Rigwyn

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 11:40:31 am »

For the time being there is need for compromise. You need 10 diamod crystals ?
Think of another way to get them.

A. Make an offer in the auction tab. Offer 10k for 10 crystals - or match your offer to the current price of gold.
B. Pay someone to cover your back while you mine.
C. If you done have a lot of tria consider exchanging a favor for a favor.
- any of my characters would entertain this sort of proposal.

Considering the demand for diamonds and tef skins I would seriously consider running a resale business if I had a merchant character.

jorrit

• Developers
  • Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 02:48:17 pm »
ummm...

would you please keep in mind there are players who are new to this game, who have >ne> (read: low- or unskilled) characters, who need to train, who need to skill, who are not some obscene powerhouse built up for years and who just want to RP?

Well... if I need 10diamond crystals for a quest... yes, I know where to get them. Yes, I have a rock pick... and have (thought I have) decent fighting skills (Melee and LA, and don't tell me to pick up a weapon, this is a character concept of a martial artist)... and I get overrun by some vermin I did not even see coming in the dungeon.
It is impossible to even go there without support (from some high power ally), and even if I find one, I might be deadmeat due to lag - sorry, no fun.

My character Lera is really weak and I have no problem in the dungeon at all. I often go there for diamonds myself. It is not that hard to avoid the monsters. Almost all of them are a lot slower then you are.

Greetings,
Project Manager of Crystal Space, CEL, CrystalBlend and Crystal Core. Please support Crystal Space with a donation.

Aurelynt

• Testers
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 05:51:43 pm »
Furthermore, most monsters are dumb. It's pretty easy to get them lost or somewhat stuck down there, leaving you alone at the mining spot.

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 06:04:20 pm »
Trust me, my character is no 'powerhouse'...

It's not hard to train, you just need to make sure you stick to what your character is capable of beating. Some 'overstrngth' monsters can be defeated by using smart dodge tactics and also magic.

If your worried about how/where to train, come to Ojaveda. My character is always grateful for help killing off the Rogue bandits around the place. (they're kinda weak enough for most newbs too!)