Author Topic: the finding of the grey glyphs  (Read 3404 times)

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
the finding of the grey glyphs
« on: June 14, 2007, 06:06:36 am »
once thousands of years ago a sect of mages of aincent blood were ran out of an accademy in another realm. becuase of the side affects there eperiments had leaveing in a hurry they pick up 8 fragments of an altogether older glyph. Working in secerate to create glyphs as powerfull as the whole glyph of the 8 fragments. they slave days and night to create these glyphs to further mankind but can never make them as powerfull as even one of the fragments. increaseing there experiments and furthering there magic more and more the sideaffects get worse and eventualy they make 14 glyphs. these glyphs were come to be known as the "Grey glyphs". eventualy the ppl of the land again got anoyed of these side affects and set to run these mages of once and for all. a fight ensued that killed many and 8 mannaged to escape. were they went noone knew untill now.

Alliva stands ddigging for ore out by the old ruins and stikes something strange picking it up he relaises he struck some sort of incent tablet. wipeing it of he seas symbols words that he can only slightly make out. reserching these symbols and words he find it is an aincent language that his ancestors used. deciphering the tablet a cryptic message is discoverd.l "fifteen in total 3 broken 2 lost 3 traveld and six reside in yalikum". Thinking it was strange alliva asked nyshyn if she could dig out the rest. a few days later Alliva recieved a message from nyshyn saying she had finnaly got it takeing of with kitiranna and zwenze on his heals he gets to the ruins. there he digs out the last few fragments and set the tableton the ground pieced together. Sudenly a portal opens and the three are sent back through time to another realm were they observe what happend to these glyphs and found out what the 15th glyph was that was mentioned. upon returning to there bodys the tablet refers to were one of the six "Grey glyphs" maybe found.

{Pls if you wanna join in feel free this is a bit of the backing story that has happend IG so far. And anyone is asked to particapate both good and evil light and shady characters. who knows you may even be chosen to wield one of these glyphs.}
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Feline Prince

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Now you see me...
    • View Profile
Re: the finding of the grey glyphs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:12:04 am »
[This seems rather against the settings as glyphs cant be fragmented. They explode/ cause big thing to happen when destroyed. And yet another RP saying they have more powerful glyphs than all the rest :thumbdown:. Maybe a little rethinking?]
Hide where they expect you to... Its what they least expect.

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 01:02:18 pm »
erm no cause there is ways to explain all these points the fragmented glyph is actualy a glyph that is older than the realm of yalikum itself so yalikums lays of magic wouldnt apply to such a thing. also the explostion is what we heard we do not know exactly what happend what we were watching we couldnt tell what happend inside the cave just there was a large explostion and blast waves sweapt across the landscape for miles. and again the glyph that is more powerfull than the 14 even in its fragmented form is again the one i pointed out first it is millions of years old older than a lot of realms also the fragmented glyph is not part of the 14 mearly a blueprintof sorts the mages that made the other 14 wanted to make a glyph as powerfull as all 8 fragments would have been together but cause of there fienight knowladge they couldnt make it as powerfull as even a fragment. but someone controlling all 14 glyphs although now it seams impossible would have the power perhaps that could over come several fragments of the 15th glyph. also you have to take into acount the 15th glyph even in its fragmented form cant just be used by anyone it has to be used by someone of one of the bloodlines of the 14 mages in the cave.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:08:50 pm »
A glyph can't be older than Yliakum - glyphs were created by Talad.

Talad gave up any hope to be reconciled with the old friend and, now alone, turned his thoughts to the people left in the town they had created. He called it "Hydlaa", the name of the most powerful glyph, that VodĂčl had revealed to Laanx and that led Talad to ignore prudence to satisfy his pride. Waiting for the day when the other peoples would come, he forged magical power into many shapes, suitable to be used by the mortals to help them to survive underground: he created the Glyphs.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 01:15:44 pm »
did talad not use glyphs himself to create yalikum from a greater god that also used glyphs to create other realms i think he did.from these other realms also came 80 % of the races that now reside in yalikum so these realms would also have to be older than yalikum as well and were did these god first come up with the ideas of glyphs ect eh ?.
(Fighter in the wind)

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 01:25:37 pm »
Why are people so eager to create something super-powered that doesn't work with the settings? This isn't the right way to go about creating in-game stories.

Laanx and Talad discovered the planet where Yliakum would later be located - and then they shaped it further to their vision. Glyphs were not involved, because again as I said they were later created by Talad. Glyphs are Talad's - if you want to have a magical object that comes from elsewhere, call it something else. You'll confuse people and yourself.

Give the history a read, you'll benefit from it.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Raleigh

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 02:15:07 pm »
[

Why are people so eager to create something super-powered that doesn't work with the settings? This isn't the right way to go about creating in-game stories.

I think it is a question of prestige that sometimes might be associated very closely with PKing and Powerlevelling. "Uber Sceptre of Doom" sounds something to be proud of having on such views.

Laanx and Talad discovered the planet where Yliakum would later be located - and then they shaped it further to their vision. Glyphs were not involved, because again as I said they were later created by Talad. Glyphs are Talad's - if you want to have a magical object that comes from elsewhere, call it something else. You'll confuse people and yourself.

Give the history a read, you'll benefit from it.

Hehe, this really reminds me of Stargate SG1 and of a certain Erich von DĂ€niken's book. Makes it look like they are actually technologically superior aliens instead of simply gods, specially the "discovered the planet where Yliakum would later be located"  >o)

]

*Annera is met by misterioues a Man In Black that intimidates her to shut up about her views regarding the nature of the supposed gods.

[ Of course this is a joke! :D ]

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
  • A Phoenix, what'd you expect?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 05:19:45 pm »
did talad not use glyphs himself to create yalikum from a greater god that also used glyphs to create other realms i think he did.from these other realms also came 80 % of the races that now reside in yalikum so these realms would also have to be older than yalikum as well and were did these god first come up with the ideas of glyphs ect eh ?.
Talad doesn't need glyphs, he's a friggin' God ;)
Besides, being a god doesn't automatically mean that you want your followers to have magical abilities.
Not all gods would give their people glyphs. It seems to me VodĂșl didn't. He probably "gave" some of his races to Talad and Laanx because he didn't want them anyway.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 05:23:03 pm by ThomPhoenix »
We're not evil. We're simply amazing.

Quitarias

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Sugested solution:Quarantine and/or death sentence
    • View Profile
    • A MUD gladiator game.Press link and level to make me rich.
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 06:49:22 am »
As far as i scrambled from the history the races didnt come from Vodul.He only opened the gateways and the other gods sent their races to Yliakum.And there are more gods than the three named gods(talad,Laanx and Vodul).Take into account the part where Gods warn Talad and Laanx of the hardships of having people.
And one litle question.Vodul revealed a glyph called "Hydlaa" to Laanx.Was that glyph made by Talad or Vodul.Because the way it is put now it sugests that Vodul made the first glyphs and Talad copied him.In that case this story might be plausible.
Singned
  -One serious case of nuty.

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 01:09:49 pm »
Where is it stated that the most powerful glyph - Hydlaa-  was the item given to Laanx? Besides, Laanx nearly got killed when Talad used the item. It would be fair to state that no mortal would ever be able to wield the item given to Laanx. And VodĂșl is like the big-shot of the god world.

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 01:18:18 pm »
sorry when did i ever state that any of these glyphs gave you godlike power and when did i ever state that you needed godlike power to wield any of these glyphs the only ones that may not be wielded by the commom person is the fragmented purple glow one. and other realms could have had glyphs well before yalikum you gotta remmember were these "glyphs" came from presends yalikum and is therefor not tied to the laws of yalikum these "glyphs aint even the same as the ones found in yalikum. also why get so up tight about what is called a glyph when it was simply named that cause its the name that bests suits it.
(Fighter in the wind)

ThomPhoenix

• Testers
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2007, 02:08:36 pm »
Or you can actually answer the questions asked in this thread instead of just blindly defending yourself.

Valorius Rageway

• Hydlaa Resident
  • Champion duelist of the realm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 10:50:12 am »

Makes perfect sense to me Allive.
Queen and leader of The Order of Daggers

Feline Prince

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Now you see me...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007, 12:23:49 pm »
You can argue the technicalities till you are blue in the face. RPing a glyph that is more powerful than others can/ will be able to be obtained ingame is godmodding. Godmodding is for selfish people and being selfish isn't a good trait is it?
Hide where they expect you to... Its what they least expect.

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007, 01:12:58 pm »
i never said they were more powerfull than any in game i never once said this. pls highlight were i said this ofcourse i did say that a fragment of a glyph is more powerfull than the others yes but this is so i can maintain some element of crontrol over this rp. {i dont see why i should allow an rp that io created be totaly out of my hands]. pluss there is rules over the fragment of the glyph that is designed so that not just one person can control it even alliva with his aincent blood cant control this glyph totaly by himself. and yet you are all flyiong of the handle without even knowing what power or rather abilities these glyphs give {the main point of this is so that the rp has some element that is hidding and is in effect out of my hands as to how ppl go about rping the glyph they have}.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:15:40 pm by Allive »
(Fighter in the wind)