Author Topic: [ALLIANCE] The Alliance of Enkidukai  (Read 4030 times)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
[ALLIANCE] The Alliance of Enkidukai
« on: October 01, 2009, 06:39:39 am »
* Akkaido Kivikar walks calmly up to a wall in Ojaveda and posts a manuscript.

The Alliance of Enkidukai

The Enkien Alliance is currently being set up to protect and serve the interests of every Enkidukai in Yliakum. This Alliance encompasses several forms of membership to allow for the very best of service to the Enkidukai people. Administered by the Core Clans, the Alliance aims at protecting Enkidukai not only physically, but also in helping their economy and mercantile, and religion as well.

The Alliance will have three forms of membership:

Core Clans will consist of Kore fighters, Rabani politicians, Sarraghi priests and Akkaio merchants. The Kore Irka Clan will provide security and military advice as the Kore Core Clan. The Rabani Ithara Clan will be responsible for drafting up tenets, constitutions, bills, and other related paperwork. Sarraghi will perform religious ceremonies and fight against the influence of evil forces in the Alliance, and Akkaio will organise and administrate regular markets in the Akkaio Dsar. Core Clans get three Enkidukai Representatives each at a Voting Council, each of which is allowed to vote.

Member Guilds can be Enkidukai only or mixed race, and have plenty of say in how the Alliance is run. In order for a proposed tenet to become enforced, it must pass a 2:1 vote at a Voting Council. Each Member Guild gets to have one Enkidukai representative, and if their guild has over 25 active members, they get a second voter who cannot speak at the Council. This Alliance will not go to war without a unanimous vote in favour by the Voting Council. On every voting issue the Enkidukai Representative of every Member Guild has the right to speak.

Individual Members are Enkidukai who for one reason or another are not in a Core Clan or Member Guild. They can attain a pin of membership and wear it to show they are a member. They get no say at Voting Councils, and no vote, but get all the discounts and benefits of being in the Alliance. They can leave at any time with no hindrance or punishment.

[OOC from now on]

The pins I mentioned are simply written in your description, a gold pin with the Alliance name on it will do for now.

Currently a constitution is being drafted and initial Tenets are being written. The maximum punishment for breaking the Tenets will be expulsion, and will require a Voting Council vote.

This is probably more describable as a trade Union of sorts, the military presence of the Kore Irka Clan is simply for security. The aim of this Alliance is to make Ojaveda popular again, with regular markets and events, festivals and religious ceremonies.

RP alts are more than welcome in any of the Core Clans, some of which have yet to be set up. There will also be OOC Tenets for good behaviour and use of IC/[OOC] etc. to ensure that we are known as nice, ROLEPLAYING players.

Member Guilds will need to apply to me, and we reserve the right to say "no" if you are not an RPing guild. I will update with new Member Guilds, formation of Core Clans, required help, planned events, and so on. If need be, there will be OOC voting on new Member Guilds as well as IC voting on acceptance. The OOC vote will only be about assuring we have competent RPing guilds, and the IC vote will only be about ensuring lawful guilds that fit the criteria get in. There will be no discrimination other than that.

Edited: changed "Black Flame" to "evil forces" in the description of the role of Sarraghi. Apparently it's too blunt and abrupt for a high priesthood to know about the Black Flame. Further edit: It has now been noted that the people know it exists, but rather as a superstition than a proven organisation. Therefore, even if we have priests who will hunt Black Flame, they would not mention so publically or they'd be laughed at.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:56:22 am by Akkaido Kivikar »

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: [ALLIANCE] The Alliance of Enkidukai
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 10:05:01 am »
damn so wish hokyba da ojaveda was still going.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Rigwyn

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 02:36:33 pm »

Edited: changed "Black Flame" to "evil forces" in the description of the role of Sarraghi. Apparently it's too blunt and abrupt for a high priesthood to know about the Black Flame.

:@#\  No, the point here is BlackFlame is not common knowledge. Unless your character is a BlackFlame member you would not have any knowledge of it. Using knowledge taken from Out of Character sources ( Like OOC sections of the forums ) makes you look silly. Those who get this information second hand ICly will think that its IC  and thus fair game  :detective:

Its fine to put something like this in an OOC block

Sorry , I know that came out kinda harsh..   :love:

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 03:33:58 pm »
Then why are Black Flame noted as "hated" and "outlawed" if they aren't even known to exist?

How can people hate something they don't know of?

Whilst the people don't know WHERE or WHO the BF is, they would need to know that it exists in the dark corners in order to hate them.

Skrein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 03:38:09 pm »
I hereby direct your attention to the "good guy" winch quests. That is all.

Rigwyn

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 04:41:56 pm »

I stand corrected ...  I'll have to re-read the logs from that one .. sorry  :oops:

Allive

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 06:13:49 am »
sorry we aint allowed to know about it how bought simple fact of who they worship how they go bought it the name and the general fact there bad news dont seam that bad that long running or high ranked players shouldnt know this.
I am afraid of fighting. I am afriad of being beaten and losing. But i am more afraid of surviving as a cripple than dying in fight.However. I always try to find a new strong enamy.
(Fighter in the wind)

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 12:50:25 am »
I point to this thread.

http://www.hydlaaplaza.com/smf/index.php?topic=36095.0

So, I was right, and it turns out, my edit message was right. It is too abrupt to say "BRB huntin' vampires", so yeah.

Let's leave things as they are and move on, m'kaaaay?

Any guilds interested in joining the Alliance should contact me by posting here, or contact me on IRC.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 05:55:37 am by Akkaido Kivikar »

announcer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 08:13:57 am »

The Alliance will have three forms of membership:

Core Clans will consist of Kore fighters, Rabani politicians, Sarraghi priests and Akkaio merchants.

hehehe, good one  ;)

misinterpreted it.... LOL
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 08:17:17 am by announcer »

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 02:20:13 am »
The three forms are:

Core Clan Membership.

Member Guilds.

Individual Members (not in via ingame mechanics, but wear a pin on their character description)

Timmothy Perriwinkle

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • I see u lookin' at mah Periwinklez.
    • View Profile
    • The Depot that's also a Warehouse
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 08:37:28 am »
Find a synonym to Core. Srsly.

[12:05am] XilliX: I <3 you that much

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 10:03:10 pm »
Do note that Kore and Core are pronounced differently.

Kore being Kor-ee and Core being Korr (typical English).

Things are going smoothly, the Alliance will be formed soon.

Oromir

• Traveller
  • In game now as Oromenci.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2009, 04:48:30 am »
What about Kore Clamod?

How come they dont get a mention or role in this?

Are they outcasts?

Akkaido Kivikar

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2009, 01:25:32 am »
From my research, Clamod are millers and run the mills. That I'm not sure about though, as the Mill Dsar is not named Clamod Dsar, it's just the only left over Dsar.

I don't know many players keen on being millers, and have yet to see any merit that a Core Clan based around milling can bring to the Alliance.

If you want to create a Clamod Core Clan according to RP with a tasking among the Alliance of milling, agriculture, food preparation, perhaps hunting, or something along those lines, I'll be happy to have you in the Alliance.

Also, if Blikau players want to create a Core Clan for metallurgy and smelting and weapon creation, I'll be more than happy to have them. But at this point in time, I've only gotten players who have an interest in religion, fighting, and mercantile (the three most common types of character in PS) and so those are the first three Core Clans we are implementing. The Rabani Ithara politics clan is an experiment, and I'm hoping for a bit of uptake (the RP skills needed there are higher, but there's next to no training, a good amount of prestige, and plenty of fun).

bloodedIrishman

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 01:30:20 pm »
The Akkaio Setha Clan proudly joins the Alliance of Enkiduai! We are now bound to each other, the packs joining together to serve the needs and good ends of the Enkiduai people as a whole.

[OOC: The Akkaio Setha Clan is consisting of merchants, see our [GUILD] post in the forum for information.]
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:37:33 pm by bloodedIrishman »