Author Topic: The 2015 Planeshifties  (Read 1492 times)

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
The 2015 Planeshifties
« on: February 08, 2015, 06:00:45 pm »
Another cycle on the Yliakum Calendar is winding down and the snows are melting. It is a time of hope and joy for the coming season. It is a time for reflection and giving thanks for all that we have received. Let us honor the spirit of the season and recognize special contribution to our beautiful community.

THE 2015 PLANESHIFTIES

Was there a player that took you under their wing and helped you get into the game? Was a particular character or RP so wonderful it deserves to be commended? How about a Dev helping with an issue you have had? A GM who wowed you with an event? If so, place your nominations for special contributes to the game and community here.

Reflect on your PS year and enjoy the memories. Unodin is fast approaching [April 1st] so get those nominations in for Players, GMs, and Devs you fell deserve some special recognition for their efforts in making PS what it is.

iridia

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
  • a.k.a. Reniye, Paajah, Morrquea
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
Re: The 2015 Planeshifties
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 06:16:50 pm »
Wants to nominate Gonger for all his help during events; his efforts make it a whole lot easier for us GM's to run events.
The communication OOC between participating players and GM's has improved a lot and that makes events even more fun for all of us!
Also he always is available to answer questions in the Help-channel during events, which means we can be better focused on the event itself.
And ofcourse he is a great RP'er!!

Problems IG? IRC #planeshift-gmtalk
Event idea? IRC  #ps-event

Candy

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 06:17:26 pm »
Can we just skip the nominations and give Roled the Most Pies Eaten award?
Role Play Preferences
[1: gossip] Glaciusor: There's now a guy in skimpy armor having war flashbacks about daemons. Have fun Hydlaa

cdmoreland

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Main: Waesed Waesech
    • View Profile
    • Ad Libertatem
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 06:34:41 pm »
For player: Zif   Always willing to help any player, new or old. (There are many worthy but I could only pick one.)

Venalan for his unending devotion to the game and working out the bugs.

Taya for her work as a GM and quests she has helped create.

Tuux for her(his) tireless work. We miss you at the Dev's meetings.

Sarko/Sorka for his gruffness and fairness.

Mordann for his work in rules and admitting when they get it wrong. :thumbup:

Demagul Riwe

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Demagul, Veirys, Fenoren, and more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 07:13:35 pm »
I nominate Siteya for all of the epic RP events she's run, all the while managing her duties as a leader of a major guild. I definitely had a hard time deciding who I should nominate for this, but the more I think about it, the less of a question it is to me that Siteya deserves it after all of her hard work over the past few months.

Sarko

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 05:29:47 am »
I would like to nominate Iridia, Bodier & Zunna for their job in the GM team... As soon as their GM training was finished IRL took me away from PS, and they had to run the GM team on their own...
Thanks you for all GMs, you are doing a good job... \\o//

Ingame use IRC: #Planeshift-gmtalk

Siteya

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 02:34:43 pm »
Awe Thanks Demagul *blushing* :P

I nominate the following:

Dannae- For holding together the DOX to make the guild one of the longest active in PS.

Allena- All the fabulous writing, and support since coming back to PS

Evirea- For making my head spin, you are like a Hindu Goddess with many limbs all doing something at the same time, multi tasking mad woman. And also for your stories, and support.

Rigwyn- Pushing my boundaries IG and encouraging me to write and being the most evil IG character that everyone wants to rp with whilst being the most diplomatic player OOC.

Iridia & Bodier- For being the first GM's I have ever role played with and ran an event with, it feels great to be working with you both and I look forward to doing more of the same.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 02:39:03 pm by Siteya »

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 06:35:22 pm »
I'm glad to see that so far this seems to be about personal recognition and not a vote ( which has always been kind of odd in the past. Pleasantly dysfunctional, let's say. )

Hoo boy, I could spend a long time here, but will only name a few. If you are not named, it's because my skull is numb, or possibly because I have not rp'd with you as much.

( I'm limiting myself to 9 otherwise, I'd end up mentioning everyone I ever ran into -which would be kind of silly )

Prreta - for most surprising character.  *laughs* (I'll say no more)

Candy - Most available. ( An no, that's not an innuendo :P ) (That clarification did no justice either)

Thidin - For having the most surprising ulterior motif.

Roled - For his unmatched willingness to take newbs under his wing ( ehem... usually my alts, but.. )

Ascomanni - Best character concept and back story. ( Gotta love the mental mansion thing )

Mariana - Best plotter and story writer. Many play, but few lead like this.

Sarras / Voilki - Best troll  and because if someone doesn't mention her, she'll whine about about how everyone is just voting for their friends and such... :p

Kaerli - For being willing/able to shrug off snark and dismissiveness and just play the game.

Siteya and her twisted sibling - ( more for her twisted sibling :p ). While I don't really play with the DOX crowd, I hear she's stirring things up over there. This is good.

On the Dev side of the pond:

Venalan - For his unparalleled communication and work with the player community.

Eonwind and those devs who hide behind the curtain and pull the levers - Thanks for all the updates and changes.

Special mention should be made for the gm events that are picking up once again. I have not seen/participated in them, but it sounds good.

bilbous

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 07:14:43 pm »
We're not gonna take it! No we're not gonna take it anymore!

Just wondering about the significance of the date mentioned in the first post. Is this thread fueled by foolish dreams?

I gotta say though Venalan has been my goto guy for many of my reports. Others who have picked up those bugs in their purview should also be lauded. Them in the background keeping things moving ought to be mentioned.

Ascomanni

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 09:35:13 pm »

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 09:57:26 pm »
It's always useful to acknowledge folks isn't it? Thanks for nudging this along

I suggest a special prize(s) for the 70-80 people who have kept rp and the game going for these many months, filing many hats, plugging many holes, suggesting, pursuing, writing, coding, fixing, fixating, insisting, trying, showing up.

To all who show up- HUZZAH!
RR
aka 'chopped liver'
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

bilbous

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 11:08:54 pm »
I was less interested in the Calendar synchronization than in the fact that the awards seem to be slated for April Fools Day. Doesn't seem quite appropriate.

Rigwyn

• Prospects
  • Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 12:06:55 am »
Quick note, I was not dissing DOX above, I just didn't realize that I already met/played with most of their members.... small world, huh?

Prreta

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 10:01:00 am »
Evirea - your literary style is so rich and vivid I am always awed. I wanna be like you when I grow up.

Allena - your amazing stories. I eagerly check the forum each morning hoping for another installment. (Evirea, Rigwyn, and Siteya - you belong here too.)

Rigwyn - just wow!

Celroc - most humble player and amoung the most clever and definitely the funniest.

Zunna

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 02:57:21 pm »
I +1 about Gonger. Actually he impressed me a lot in his interpretation of Shillek  :devil:

* Dilihin, Demagul and Vandru because they "go for it" and "dare" in all the Rp they can, let themselves go into the game and make others enjoy aswell thanks to their enthusiasm.

* Tuathanach for all the work he did and is doing in many domains. He really is a quiet strenght.
* Eonwind for the same reason overall, because he's deligthfully evil and a huge source of motivation :D
* Venalan because he's always willing to help and advice.
* Iridia and Bodier, for the genuine dedication they always put in what they are doing.

And anyways, thanks to all whom generate RP and dynamism into and around this game !