Author Topic: Save the Guilds!  (Read 2812 times)

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
Save the Guilds!
« on: June 24, 2005, 04:22:36 pm »
As guilds come and go, it seems the Guild List of Kada-El\'s Tavern badly needs to be sorted out. It was about time I had a look, and as you can see on the front page of the site, we came up with a few names...  about which we are not sure anymore. In some cases, we have a pretty good idea, in some others, it would be good to have a confirmation.

So if you see your guild below, please drop me a PM here, or at the tavern, or simply reply in this thread. The guilds and organisations which fail to respond before July 16th will be buried in the Graveyard - that\'s not a place you want your guild to end up in ;)

Then later, in a more constructive move, it will be time to consider adding guilds instead of removing them!

Guilds of the Realm:
New Guilds to our World:
  • CHAMPIONS OF YLIAKUM: Forums are apparently dead
  • KNIGHTS TEMPLAR: Forums inexistent
  • BROTHERS OF THE SHADOWS: Forums are closed, with what seems to be a farewell message. Fken, maybe you know something?
  • OVATES: Forums are apparently dead
  • FOREST GUARDIANS: No site, Draklar has left Planeshift
  • MOONLIT COUNCIL: Site has never been finished, forums are apparently dead
  • SENTINELS OF THE RAGNAROK: No site
Other Organisations:
  • MONKETH\'S TAVERN AND MERCHANT ASSOCIATION: Monketh, is that definitively closed?
  • THE FOLLOWERS OF ALIATHI: Kiva, don\'t tell me you gave up on this?
  • COTERIE OF DERNIER CRI: Same question as above
  • TEMPLARS OF STEEL: Forums are apparently dead
Guild Politics:
Heh, time flies, maybe it\'s time to change those category names, too.

Thanks to Phinehas for helping out!

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 05:37:18 pm »
I think i can safely say The Champions of Yliakum\'s time has passed, although we did attempt a revival it just did not work, Vanderbal has no time for freedom in rl currently let alone on ps, iy does not help he is having net issues too, which has placed me out of contact to him :\\

Orthallen

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 08:25:45 pm »
Dont the sentinels of ragnarok actually have a site?

And I\'m pretty sure order of the black rose is gone.

Shadowfax

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 08:56:49 pm »
The Calen Vakhar is still around. The site went down again and I haven\'t taken the time to put a new one up but I\'ll get around to it some day.  As for Aendar though...I don\'t know what has become of him and where that leaves the guild but the few members are still around.
Aldarion "Shadowfax" Celeblasse, Dinafea - The Calen Vakhar   Cynwrig

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 01:12:18 am »
AO... the AO is dead... It is, don\'t listen to the members... :D :D

Niavard

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 03:45:12 am »
you\'d wish that eh? The Order is as alive as ever, the fact that we don\'t come ingame often doesn\'t mean we\'re inactive... :P (don\'t listen to him or its other members, but the ashes are dead:D)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 03:47:15 am by Niavard »
Low mage of the Arcane Order

In Soviet Planeshift, Features have not implemented YOU!!

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 04:11:29 am »
Bad, bad Phinehas :P

Thanks for the information, Demarthl and Shadowfax.

Originally posted by Niavard
you\'d wish that eh? The Order is as alive as ever, the fact that we don\'t come ingame often doesn\'t mean we\'re inactive... :P (don\'t listen to him or its other members, but the ashes are dead:D)

You don\'t visit the tavern very often, do you? ;)

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 04:17:42 am »
The Order? Uhh, isn\'t that a bit too vague my child? And the Ashes aren\'t dead, they just lost a member, that can easily be replaced in the future. If you payed attention to your history lessons, you\'d know that everyone is equal in that guild.

;)

Sentinels of the Ragnarok do have a web site, but there are some minor problems.

Originally posted by miLosh, in URPS & SoR Site offline thread
good day all,

as some of you may have noticed, the URPS and SoR website is not reachable. i just returned from vacation and found myself without internet access - that means the whole pleXus network is offline, the websites, IRC chats and my email server (i cant get any mails right now).

i dont know whats up, i called the cable company and they promised to send me a new modem - hopefully this will solve the problem.  i\'ll post again when the connection will be back. if you need to communicate with me, send me a PM or an email to: pleXus@mysunrise.ch

sorry for the bad news :(

miLosh

I think this clears everything. Anyway, they are active, same goes for URPS.

Like I said before, from this Monday, my final exams will start, and for two weeks, I\'ll be very busy, though, when I\'ll come back, some things will change around.

;)
- Black Order -

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 08:28:31 am »
D\'oh, I missed that thread. I know URPS is still alive, I was just wondering about this site (and some of the member guilds, which seem away). Let\'s hope the problem will be fixed soon, then. About SOR, I\'ve seen this page, under construction. But after all this time, it seemed a bit strange.

Pokes their leaders

Ashes have disbanded, but that\'s up to Phin to announce that, I suppose he didn\'t have the time to post anything about it yet.

Looking forward to your coming back, Annah. Until then, good luck! By the way, that\'s late for exams, I thought we were mostly done by end of June, in Europe.

Annah

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 08:56:45 am »
I forgot, just a note, Dark Empire is no longer a member of the URPS organization, though, Black Order has been from the beginning. Anyway, just wanted to let you know about this, it\'s no rush, I guess it\'s better to be updated with the \"update\" of the Black Order as well.

I\'m sorry to hear that about Ashes. Well, I hope it won\'t fade away forever, and that \"spark\" will still remain in its members, and who knows, maybe we\'ll see them again the future.

And yep, it\'s kinda late for exams, but this is the way in Romania. I have 6 exams to pass (Romanian, oral and written, English - oral, and Math, Biology & History - written). It all lasts about 2 weeks, and after I\'ll be able to take the exams for the University, and in theory I\'ll have a new life started.

:]
- Black Order -

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 10:17:58 am »
Originally posted by Phinehas
AO... the AO is dead... It is, don\'t listen to the members... :D :D

Yeah I can barely remeber what they are about they so dead ;) Better delete them.

buddha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2005, 11:49:58 am »
Despite a long period of inactivity and the wishes of many people here, the Beggar\'s are still a guild and will likely be active again in about two weeks.

Our web site:
http://www.geocities.com/kingofthebeggars/beggars_guild_home.html

thanks for your effort, Cadripper!
~~
May all your sequences converge.

Niavard

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2005, 12:00:59 pm »
The ashes actually are dead? by $DEITY, I was just joking, I didn\'t know tybalt had left them...
Low mage of the Arcane Order

In Soviet Planeshift, Features have not implemented YOU!!

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2005, 02:19:59 pm »
*puts his \"Save the Whales\" wooden board down and gets himself a \"Save the Guilds\" one and summons some Ulbernaughts and gives them \"Save the Guilds\" boards too

Ashes gone?! wow, wasn\'t really expecting that!
maybe like Annah said maybe we\'ll see them in the future.

The Ovates aren\'t gone btw, they just have too little members that don\'t log much. I see Bardialus once in a while in-game.

Oh, and btw KS has new forums, not all members are registered there yet, and we\'re waiting for a member to finish his template for KS... The other forums specially admining stuff and we needed a proper template :P Anyway, for those who want to check it: http://ksguild.link-host.com/
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

CadRipper

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • merry troublemaker
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2005, 06:46:08 pm »
I\'m sure something will sprout out of ex-Ashes soon, people like that don\'t just sit inactive.

I received a few queries to add guilds on the list. Maybe I should have introduced the tavern in the first place, or at least its guild list.

It has been considered as a kind of reference of \"serious\" guilds for quite a while - it has been around since March 2002. Someone looking for a guild could confidently browse the list, check the sites and choose. We even had reviews of a few of them. Of course, with the growing success of Planeshift it has become more and more difficult to keep track of those diam.. err, those worthy elements. Besides, it seems time has shrunk during the process, you know... Murphy\'s law and all that.

To face the increasing number of guilds, we have tried to use polls, to measure the success of the ones which were around for a safe period of time. Hence the series of rounds you saw a few months back. The system is not entirely satisfying though, and we\'ll need a different approach.

Spots a few people who suddenly fell asleep

Alright, all that to say, we will add guilds, in the near future, but not right now. I\'ll keep the names in my hat, but don\'t be worried if you are not added right away ;)