Author Topic: [GUILD] The Dragon Council  (Read 30473 times)

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2005, 09:18:04 pm »
Originally posted by Phinehas
You would, wouldn\'t you? Look at it this way... due to my posts, you\'ve been forced to truly think through your position, now you have a much better chance at withstanding the tests of others and time, because I have prepared you.

Well, looking at it this way ... :P

Originally posted by Phinehas
Anyways, I was under the opinion that by posting on these forums you were opening yourselves up to comment.

Of course I am :) It\'s just that I don\'t see the point in arguing endlessly about the place of Dragons in PS, while discusing about it wouldn\'t change the mind of the devs about them.
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2005, 10:29:24 pm »
I think just thread is more about us not understanding each other and getting our \"twords mixed up and backin talkwards\" rather than about dragons.

Think of it as a night out on the town with everyone half drunk and having a big pointless philisophical debate (kind of like what I do in the actual game!).

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2005, 05:40:35 am »
Originally posted by Aiselyn
Sorry for yesturday\'s comment actually. I had real life circumstances that had actually put me in a horrible mood while posting yesturday. I agree with the fact that these forums are about debating ideas... and no you were not hostile anyway (only hostile to someone who had seen hostility all day :P...and my post was actually more towards you against Rioth too).

I suspected something like that. Don\'t worry about it.

And Aiselyn, be careful who you call drunk. :P

Rioth, you have to understand that I\'m not interested in making the devs change their minds. I\'m interested in making sure you know what you\'re doing. I don\'t agree with what you\'re doing, big deal, it\'s not my guild. The point is that I\'m making sure you\'re not just some n00b with no respect for the PS setting.

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2005, 11:30:47 am »
Originally posted by Phineas
Rioth, you have to understand that I\'m not interested in making the devs change their minds. I\'m interested in making sure you know what you\'re doing. I don\'t agree with what you\'re doing, big deal, it\'s not my guild. The point is that I\'m making sure you\'re not just some n00b with no respect for the PS setting.

I\'m not interested in making the devs change their mind either, I like PS as it is, nothing more, nothing less. And I know it isn\'t the point here.

I knew even before starting my own guild that Dragons were quite an ambiguous topic. And I know that there may be many people just like you who won\'t agree with my point of view. But still, I had to try what I could, and I will do my best to achieve the most important goal of my guild, that is to make it a pillar of support of PS because PS is something I do respect.
Rioth

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2005, 02:58:39 pm »
You know, I\'ve been thinking, just as a suggestion...wether you like it and want to use it or not is entirely up to you obviously....but here goes...

What if, instead of using the term \"Dragon\", what about making up your own name in Planeshift to replace the work Dragon. (I don\'t know what it would be exactly. Dragonius? Tefudragon? Firagon? Something else that\'s entirely unrelated to the word?)

Anyway...not only would you quiet down all of the people who disagree with the guild name, but you would also have invented a word into the game. It could become a monster even eventually, and you named it (mind you, if the devs don\'t want dragon-like creatures then it might not work...although there are rats).

The community here is not massive, so it wouldn\'t be hard to spread word about your new word and what it means.

Up to you though obviously. With the wipe coming and all, we may have to redo your guilds anyway. (Although I don\'t quite know what\'s happening with that to be honest).

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2005, 06:47:38 am »
This could be a good idea :D

I will have to think about it with my guild members... We may be able to come with something out of it :)

Though I don\'t mind if those renamed beasts are added or not in the game later.

Anyway the wipe shouldn\'t really be a problem. Even if guilds are reseted (and that \"should\" not happen), we have already planned what we could do to avoid \"damages\" as much as possible.
Rioth

Aiselyn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2005, 05:35:46 pm »
Tis a good idea to prepare alright ;) I think it\'ll be interesting to see what happens with the guild after the wipe. Hopefully a high survival rate.

Anyway, no matter the what you choose for the guild, best of luck. :)

Tarel

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
The Dragon Council
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2005, 07:17:31 pm »
I know the DC will come back strong represented, if a wipe is done by PS.

TDC is a live and kicking Guild now with much new members like me.
We will al do our best to make TDC the best and strongest Guild.

Nice and long story you already wrote, Rioth. :)

Tarel Barilele
« Last Edit: July 03, 2005, 07:18:43 pm by Tarel »
Greetings,

Tarel Barilele

Quote from DaveG: I've said it before, and I'll say it again, please don't blame the game when you screw up.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2005, 06:17:45 am »
aahh Tarel it\'s you ;)

*shrugs* only the beginning should be somewhat hard but as Rioth said we already been discussing what needs to be done to best get it all back. Ofcourse that was when it seemed the wipe wouldn\'t take to long and now it\'s been months so perhaps a good idea to look at them again although I doubt anything significant for rerecruiting has changed ;)

As for the name. Perhaps we will change but probably not before the wipe anyhow. Although I am promising nothing LOL ;)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2005, 06:18:59 am by Pestilence »

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2005, 09:48:31 am »
Originally posted by Pestilence
As for the name. Perhaps we will change but probably not before the wipe anyhow. Although I am promising nothing LOL ;)

We really care. ;)

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2005, 10:31:31 am »
Seen the discussion about the dragon in the name? I wouldn\'t care if I weren\'t in it but aparently some do Phinehas ;)

Keladon

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
i would like to join the guild
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2005, 02:40:41 pm »
Obviously the Guild leader has this well thought out and I would like to join The Dragon Council as I believe it\'s going places. If I\'m accepted I\'ll start as soon as my download of the newest version of PS is done. By the way, if the Guild leader needs to know I am a Klyros.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2005, 02:52:37 pm by Keladon »
One of the few... one of the proud.. one of the Klyros![/i]

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2005, 05:16:41 pm »
If you want to join talk to a Dragon Council member when inside the game. There are many of use so not to often noone is online. We accept anyone who has shown he can handle the first steps of the game and who agree to hold the interest of the guild high.

Have a look at our website aswell if you have the time :)

Jimmeh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2005, 11:07:36 pm »
what is your website?

EDIT: nvm, i found it on a previous page
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 11:08:47 pm by Jimmeh »

At the end of the Gulf war, Kuwaitis celebrated by firing guns in to the air.... 20 died from falling bullets

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2005, 05:40:41 am »
*grins*

Indeed :)