Author Topic: How does Cooking work?  (Read 6778 times)

-stf-

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Re: How does Cooking work?
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2010, 12:12:43 pm »
Another little question..today for the first time I tried to combine two items to cook: in this case apple jam and a slice of bread.
I put both on preparation table and hit "combine". It appears the message "you start working on combine items" and they instantly become the combined item (spreading apple jam) but no message like "you've created spreading apple jam" appears, and no experience points are assigned.
I think I have to wait, but after a couple of minutes, it becomes "Gunk" this time with all the messages (and experience points in cooking too  :sweatdrop:).

It is the right way for combine to work (no message at the end and no exp points) or I messed up something?
Yes, see the Basic cook book - you need the right tool in hand to create the bread with apple jam

djb6

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 09:38:05 am »
I thought I would reply here so that I didn't make a new thread.  I'm just starting cooking and got to the point of boiling water.  I thought I had to just set the bowl on the grill, and then it turned into burnt food.  I realized later I should have used something else, of which I'm not sure yet, but the main problem is getting another bowl of water.  I bought a bucket of water thinking that would work but can't do anything with it.  Can anyone help me?

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2010, 10:15:17 am »
Think about how you would make   boiling water in real life. Do you just throw water on your stove at home? Don't you put your water into an item first ? You are on the right track with the bucket of water but you need to do something with it first before you can turn it into boiling water.

Elly-b

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2010, 10:24:21 am »
Another good thing would be reading the book, it is all in there  :whistling: Keella can be helpful in the kitchen so feel free to ask her for help when you see her in game.