Author Topic: How big a role will the gods play?  (Read 2360 times)

Kerrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
How big a role will the gods play?
« on: January 23, 2002, 03:47:27 pm »
By this I mean, will the gods take an active role/interest in their followers\' lives? Will we be able to pray to them and get a temporary blessing? Will they strike down offenders (as was mentioned in another thread? Divine assistance could be good, if used sparingly, and certainly would only occur to those who are truly faithful (follow the tenets of their god, donate to the temples, or whatever). I don\'t recall if there is any sort of divine magic, but it might be nice to have the priests of the temples be able to perform \"miracles\" (i.e. healing the sick, tending to the wounded, or calling down a firestorm on those who would defile their temple).
There is a world in which I am alone.
A world which nobody can enter.
A world which nobody can know.
This is my world.

- Anonymous.

ShredderX

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2002, 07:51:11 pm »
Probaly the gods will be a big role in PS.  they would slaughter outcasts and bring peace makers money.

CO-LEADER OF THE AZURE ORDER      

Bill

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2002, 10:48:34 pm »
Lightning bolts will rain from the sky eletricuting muggers. lol

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 08:12:36 am »
Ah, this is a question i\'ve been meaning to raise for some time now.  :D
I would like to be able to pray to gods and have their divine assistance when i\'m killing big bosses :))
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Kendaro

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 08:55:33 am »
The Kendaro is weary of the gods. Gods do strange things to those that give of themselves to them. For once you open yourself to the gods, they have full comand of you. This is why the Kendaro not trust them. The Kendaro stays away and watches them from far.

Bigfoot

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 10:53:00 am »
I am of the rock, what should i fear from gods!?... I was hear before them and will all so be here long after these gods are forgotten. Rock is the only true immortal... Thoos servers no god but him self.

IHS

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Or....
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 01:18:27 pm »
Or, we could make the gods be like in ancient greece, where they did stuff for no reason appeared to eye.

for example, a true follower, some1 who never muggs, kills or what ever will hated by the guys or be loved, in the same chances that a mugger and a player killer has to be hated by the gods..

cuz i mean, if the gods will hate u for killing, then who will pk at all?

wait reading back my idea it sounds bad lol

no i think the gods should defently be good to those who are good, but they cant hate us if we pk too much

Dwinney

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2002, 01:32:45 pm »
I think it should be by chance. For example, if one day a god is in a good mood, it could do crazy things like rain money over a town for 5 mins :D but if he/she were unhappy, he/she could just cause an earthquake or whatever :P
What do you think?
When our hearts both beat in time,
There\'s magic in your smile,
It seems there\'s nothing we can\'t do.

And within your warm embrace,
My heart will find a place,
Even from afar,
Our love forever shall be, destiny.

Excerpt from L2EB  

Noah

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2002, 02:01:29 am »
maybe the gods could award you exp if you were a good roleplayer  :D

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Gods
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2002, 02:16:44 am »
I think there should be both good and evil gods.However they should be constrained mostly in acting harshly towards normal people however if they had follwers there followers would do the ground work for them just like in books that im sure everyone has read.

So say this one person is very close to his god he might have granted powers and such (not saying this would be easy) for good or evil designs

with artifacts and such in the game noble leaders and such the gods would be having people go on all sorts of quests weather good or evil as the gods are vying for power between each other.

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2002, 06:20:24 am »
do u mean gods as contributers?  :D ;) i like the idea that if a god/goddess is in a bad mood they\'ll send hail/firestorms/etc down, but if they\'re in a good mood they\'ll heal ppl or give them money

Lenric

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2002, 06:28:57 am »
Well there are sure to be various different gods for different types of people some would help the races while others plotted against them i would think.
The parts of gods just might be taken on by the moderaters and game designers themselves they could have a ingame game amonst themselves where they asked for help from people or delivered threats and from the people doing this or that for them they couold raise power lvls or something while the other gods are trying to get the very same lvl for themselves then when a god or goddess had a certain lvl they could do something extrodinary across the land calling war on good or evil and pulling people to them and such ....anyone getting these ideas ?

wolfman

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2002, 10:16:53 pm »
kenadro..dont fear the gods....when teh game starts...FEAR ME!!!! :evil: for i will be pure 100% unadulterated evil or something :evil: ill be evil as hell is whut i mean. :evil:

(i love that evil smile :D)

\"Manchmal erhielten Sie, durch die Risse zu lachen, l?cheln durch die Schmerz, damit Sie durch die sorge leben k?nnen.\"

ratdudett

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2002, 12:31:33 am »
lol i was joking about contributers being gods/godess\'... it says we\'ll take part in the goverment *snort* i wanna be a goddess :( o well :)

mistwalker

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2002, 06:17:21 pm »
Lenric, Just FYI, on your sig pic, it says worlds, and it lists planescape. It\'s planeshift, not planescape. Just so ya know.
A fool and his head are soon parted.