Author Topic: [GUILD]Imaginary Friends  (Read 2909 times)

ditiloff

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Re: [GUILD]Imaginary Friends
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 04:04:48 pm »
Can not wait to see this in game.  ;D

zoran

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 04:28:39 pm »
Hm... portraying a RL syndrome people suffer from as a capriole and turning it into RP is... not very tactful. I know it's cool on the net to say one is crazy or psychotic, but those doing so rarely have any idea of the real condition.

What next? An MS guild? Cystic Fibrosis? Cancer?

Or was this going to be a virtual support group?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 04:30:35 pm by zoran »

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 04:42:27 pm »
Or, since this is a ROLEPLAYING game, sir, then you roleplay actual situations.

Disease is a situation. If you are offended by someone having a disease, please go tell them to stop. It is considered good RP to act out a disease, provided you are not doing it in a mocking manner, which I do not believe this guild is attempting to do.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 06:14:48 pm »
Hm... portraying a RL syndrome people suffer from as a capriole and turning it into RP is... not very tactful. I know it's cool on the net to say one is crazy or psychotic, but those doing so rarely have any idea of the real condition.

What next? An MS guild? Cystic Fibrosis? Cancer?

Or was this going to be a virtual support group?

I was waiting for this and I don't blame you for thinking it is unethical.
The point however is not to ridicule anyone with a disorder but rather to portray what it could be like if this would happen to you.
I don't see bullying, killing and robbing as ethical either but like in RL these are present IG also.
It is very much up to this guild to act in the manner which does not offend anyone and if it does you can /tell that you want no part of it.
It will be a very hard task to involve outsiders to this without offending someone but like I said you can use the /tell.

You can even say this is educational in the way that maybe some who join even take the time to read about some disorders and gain understanding
that the people suffering of split personalities and such are just as human as anyone else plus young children tend to have imaginary friends.

The main point of the guild is having a new element implemented and testing what it could do for the community
and yes, to have fun... just like it's fun to duel and take someones life... IG.
S: I want to be Columbo! K: That is NOT a class...

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 06:24:27 pm »
And just so you know Scarn is not a part of IF but I didn't bother  to make an alt nick for the forums.

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 06:59:32 pm »
Yes, I have several mental disorders and I don't think there is anything wrong with RPing a character having one as long as it's done with respect.

Bguy

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 07:59:57 pm »
Is this guild mainly for creating Schizophrenia, Multiple Personality Disorder, extreme genetic disorders (Chimera or Mosaic where two different genes actually share the same body), Insanity, medical conditions limited to Ylkium, or, my favorite, all of the above?

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 08:34:31 pm »
Is this guild mainly for creating Schizophrenia, Multiple Personality Disorder, extreme genetic disorders (Chimera or Mosaic where two different genes actually share the same body), Insanity, medical conditions limited to Ylkium, or, my favorite, all of the above?

Syiere planted the seed in his patients and friends for personal gain (trias) and this guild is portraying what resulted from it.
We don't make the 'customer' insane, only reflect what his mind is producing.
Ofcourse if he/she has the type where the personality is out of control it may result in severe conditions.

If there are people who want to try this out you can seek IF members or Scarn (me) IG.
I would need a storywriter to make up already happened RP for Syiere based on my background writing
and also if there are 'victims' who like to be testsubjects to practice on and discuss different methods I'd appreciate it.

Joale

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 10:18:27 pm »
A+

WHOOO :) :) :)
"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll be happy. If you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."- Socrates

Garris Shrike

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • The Mad Irishman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 04:07:23 pm »
I've got a good character for you to play around with. If I don't catch you IG first, then /tell me on Aidhan.
Garris Shrike.
A lady's man. That lady's friend's man. That lady's friend's sister's man.
He will be missed.
M. R., also known as Lurch

ditiloff

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 10:16:32 pm »
You almost made me commit suicide.

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 10:26:55 pm »
You almost made me commit suicide.

??? I thought I saved you when you were fiercly trying to have a duel with yourself... that's not very normal you know...

zoran

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:03 am »
I was waiting for this and I don't blame you for thinking it is unethical.
The point however is not to ridicule anyone with a disorder but rather to portray what it could be like if this would happen to you.
I am glad you took my rash post this gently - I think I portrayed my concerns wrongly and I commend Garris on pointing out the fault quite correctly.

My post came after experiencing crude RP with a character who pointed to his description (which proclaimed his character as a thief/bandit) as an excuse to "sneak up to" other characters in the tavern and at Harnquists, demand circles and then challenge for a duel.

I applaud anyone who thinks up a complex character with a back-story and then takes his time to act this out. But I also think that some people might see this as a cheap ticket out of consistent RP. Every character has its light and dark sides, and it's interesting to see them interact and sometimes develop independently (and sometimes together). Multiple personalities in this respect gives the (irresponsible) player an enormous freedom. (If done correctly, the interactions between the personalities will still have to be dealt with)

What I fear is that by making this a guild, you are giving people a chance to join this guild in order to receive a guild association that will allow them to act around normal confines of RP not by merit of a well-thought out character, but by merely pointing out guild membership. I believe there are already several people playing these conditions by personal effort alone.

Quote from: Scarn
The guildtag is only to help you ignore us if you are a sane person.
Are you saying the guildtag is merely as an identifier for this kind of roleplay in the eyes of others? Can "to help you ignore us" be understood then that we have to be prepared for whatever you want to throw at us?

Uh, wait.... I think I'm just getting it... this is not a guild of the afflicted, but of the voices / personalities that affect them?  If so, wow.  :surrender:  :thumbup:

Scarn

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2009, 01:44:26 pm »
Uh, wait.... I think I'm just getting it... this is not a guild of the afflicted, but of the voices / personalities that affect them?  If so, wow.  :surrender:  :thumbup:

Exactly. Some can see the personality some only hear the 'voices'. Nobody in the guild is a char (IG) even tho some of the ppl with the disorder may think and see the as real. The guild tag is to identify us to avoid complications.

Zalera13

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »
Loch ness monsta?

There are Loch Ness Monsters in PS?

And yet no dragons.....
You know you want to lol. You know you do. Give in to the lol. YOU can not fight the power of the lol!