Author Topic: [Guild] Stillwater Peace Corps  (Read 1789 times)

Gilrond

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
Re: [Guild] Stillwater Peace Corps
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2011, 03:16:57 am »
OK, that's what I was trying to clarify. So House Stillwater is positioned how aspiring for power for their own ends / needs, rather than the general benefit of society.

IkonRevisions

• Traveller
  • Fusion of Heart & Reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2011, 04:34:22 am »
That is correct Gilrond, they of course will not outright admit to this. So when someone would inquire about our goals/reasoning for our actions, we will say it is for the benefit of society, bringing unified peace and prosperity.

The truth is that eventually many of our members will truly believe that we have such noble intent, due to the brainwashing we administer and the fact that we leave many of the lower ranking members "in the dark" when it comes to the details of our operations.
"Colours die where flowers grow"

RoberetGoldsmith

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2011, 05:46:38 pm »
This is a dead boss guild, not up to Empire standards mind...but nothing is ;).  If I was without a guild ( and used my alts more actively) I'd be sooo tempted to join this guild, best of luck.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Sarva used to own the deed to my soul.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 08:14:53 pm »
I like it, i really do, but someones gotta remind you. The Diaboli homeworld is said by diaboli themselves to be a gigantic lava filled constantly warring place, not a glorious kingdom. Might want to find some way to talk to a settings dev to work it out with them

IkonRevisions

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2011, 02:46:59 am »
I like it, i really do, but someones gotta remind you. The Diaboli homeworld is said by diaboli themselves to be a gigantic lava filled constantly warring place, not a glorious kingdom. Might want to find some way to talk to a settings dev to work it out with them

I am indeed aware of this, the glorious statement is entirely directed on the rule of House Stillwater and not to what the kingdom encompasses. It was written as "the words of the Stillwater travelers", and all they knew was their homeworld, so describing their kingdom as a glorious one is not comparing it to the likes of Yliakum, but rather a biased interpretation of their reign vs. past governments on the Diaboli homeworld. However, if they had great success in forming a lasting empire there who is to say it would not be even more glorious, being formed in a land that is a bit more ideal.

Cheers.
-Ikon

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2011, 03:51:31 pm »
I am indeed aware of this, the glorious statement is entirely directed on the rule of House Stillwater and not to what the kingdom encompasses. It was written as "the words of the Stillwater travelers", and all they knew was their homeworld, so describing their kingdom as a glorious one is not comparing it to the likes of Yliakum, but rather a biased interpretation of their reign vs. past governments on the Diaboli homeworld. However, if they had great success in forming a lasting empire there who is to say it would not be even more glorious, being formed in a land that is a bit more ideal.

Cheers.
-Ikon

So the stillwater people are a relatively new establishment on the diaboli homeworld, though i dont know how 'lava' translates to 'government'

IkonRevisions

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2011, 04:16:15 pm »
They are not that new in the Diaboli home world but they are very new to Yliakum, this is a very recent development and the ones in the High Command are the 6th generation of the house. Hopefully this helps clear up a bit.

-Ikon

Kolela

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 05:00:53 pm »
Great RP! But be prepared for a lot of IC opposition...

Prepared for?  We'll be disappointed if there isn't alot of IC opposition.... and maybe a little bored.... so... BRING IT ON!!! ;D

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2011, 09:19:33 pm »
They are not that new in the Diaboli home world but they are very new to Yliakum, this is a very recent development and the ones in the High Command are the 6th generation of the house. Hopefully this helps clear up a bit.

-Ikon

Not as much as you'd think. LAVA FILLED WASTELAND is what im trying to get across. While the kingdom might not be glorious compared to yliakum, almost anything with buildings would probably change that description of it.

Aramara Meibi

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2011, 10:05:00 pm »
and Travosh should know. He himself is a lava filled wasteland.
all blessings to the assembled devotees.

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2011, 11:39:17 pm »

Somebody sig this. Please.
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 03:43:46 pm »

Lava filled? I concur. Wasteland?
mebbe

IkonRevisions

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 04:26:07 pm »
Travosh, lava filled, sure?

a little heat here and there is a good thing, right?

Phantomboy86

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 06:23:09 pm »
I do not know the exact words anymore, but i am positive it was a lava pit.

Tessra

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
    • The Adani Order
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 07:01:04 pm »
Caraick: Done. 

And I really want to log in and torment the SPC now...  :devil:
Also, it's more credible to others if you grow in power slowly over time.  First kill rats, then noobs, then klyros, and eventually work your way up to more powerful creatures ~ Miomai