Author Topic: RPMS are here!  (Read 4972 times)

confused

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2005, 08:24:57 am »
Ouch!

Did you distro not come with sound libraries, that you could install without trashing your system.

Once you have your system stable and managed to unpack the RPMs, just remember to add the exports for CRYSTAL, CEL and CSCONFIG variables in your .profile, .bashrc or .bash_profile which ever one exists. Then add write access for your account (normal user) account to all files/directories in the CS, planshift or CEL directories.

Then you be with me stuck with the updater.

voidinit

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2005, 02:22:22 pm »
I\'ve been away all weekend.  I\'m (was!) in the USMC Reserves.  Just completed my last drill weekend ever and finalized my discharge.  I didn\'t have time to update the rpms to current CVS version this weekend.

It looks like these RPMs have trouble with debian package installers.  They convert RPMs to .deb pkgs right?

Maybe in the future, as I have time, I\'ll look into making the RPMs more debian friendly, or perhaps making a native .dep package as well.

why_did_I_uninstall_Windos???

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2005, 10:19:31 am »
Confused, I got exactly the same problem as yours (an other one is that I don\'t speak english very well :p) with a mandrake 10.1

Did you find the solution of your problem?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 10:19:58 am by why_did_I_uninstall_Windos??? »

why_did_I_uninstall_Windos???

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2005, 10:31:52 am »
ok, for the psupdater i had to:

cp /usr/lib/libssl.so.0.9.7 /usr/lib/libssl.so.0
cp /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7 /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0

Funny isn\'t it?

Bobkat

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2005, 11:44:28 am »
I did the same moving of the libraries and managed to get the setup to start.  I\'m unable to get the client to load regardless of the options selected (yes i turned sound off).  has anyone figured out why vfs.cfg has to be removed in order for the setup app to start?  I have an strace on the client before it segfaults but i\'m not gleaming anything usefull out of the output.  i\'ve tried running the client as both a standard user (with group rights) and as root (i know it\'s a bad idea but i had to make sure it wasn\'t a rights issue).  I can do a \"walktest --relight\" with a standard user.  If one of the devs wouldn\'t mind taking a look at the strace output i would be appreciative, no hurry though I know you guys have got tons of bugs to squash just if ever you get time.  Oh and tremendous thanks voidinit for building the rpms!!

link to strace of planeshift client startup from an fc3 laptop with options { 800x600 (screen res is 1024 x 768 24 bit on an i810 chipset) in window mode, 16 bit color, vertex buffer object is off, load all maps is unchecked, and sound is off } :
running as standard user
trace  =  http://evilkat.com/planeshift/user-pstrace
screen output during trace = http://evilkat.com/planeshift/user-screenoutput

running as root user
trace  =  http://evilkat.com/planeshift/root-pstrace
screen output during trace = http://evilkat.com/planeshift/root-screenoutput

confused

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2005, 12:01:07 pm »
I been trying to build PS from source to get around the updater problem with cURL, but no luck yet. The CEL does not have a build files installer.

confused

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2005, 09:30:32 am »
voidinit, could you provide us with the steps and commands you used to setup, compile, install sources and constructed your RPMS. This will help us if me we have problems with the updater from time to time.

Nedhrys

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2005, 12:28:37 pm »
hey folks,

still busy fixing up my os after the crash i caused...
i\'d greatly appreciate notes on the exact installation procedure, or debian-friendly
installation packages.

Can\'t wait to start spooking around on the ps world.

ciao,
Nedhrys

Aravi

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2005, 01:44:27 pm »
Nice work, I\'m downloading them at the moment and I\'ll test them out tommorow.

Instead of setting $CRYSTAL,$CEL, etc in a script in /etc/profile.d, you could simply wrap the psclient executable in a shell script that sets these values before running it.

I was actually working on my own RPMs, but I\'d only just begun working on them. I\'ll see if I can make some useful contributions to yours instead. Is there a source RPM or will I be able to get all the files I need using the spec file?