Author Topic: Quest Updates  (Read 18636 times)

thumbnail

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Re: Quest Updates
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2009, 08:56:39 am »
I tried that, didn't work I'm afraid. Someone else has suggested that he will only accept individual tria, rather than a hexa or whatever.

Caarrie

• Forum Addict
  • We want no UNFIXED bugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
    • PlaneShift3dMods
« Reply #46 on: February 18, 2009, 09:32:58 am »
I tried that, didn't work I'm afraid. Someone else has suggested that he will only accept individual tria, rather than a hexa or whatever.

correct that is an engine bug that has not been fixed. it has also been posted on the forum several times if you had searched.

nyakahime

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2009, 01:21:36 pm »
Hi. I had a problem with Xargon Guurn`s quest. When I completed it and he told me to chose one reward there was a window with a list but for 10 minites I couldn`t do anything with it, the items wouldn`t hightlight or anything and the button "get a reward" couldn`t be pressed. So I closed that window but because of that I don`t have a weapon now. And this is sad =_=

mattdavis10

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2009, 04:55:04 pm »
I'm trying to finish the Harnquist one where you have to get him two apples, and I gave him the apples. But then he says something like "take this as a reward". But I don't get anything. :( Any help?

Yahh

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Bloodstone Brethren
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2009, 06:15:27 pm »
This sounds like an easy quest to me, Harnquist might only have given you some little tria. If you already had some tria in your inventory you might not even have noticed. ( also it can be you need to re-open the inventory to see the reward )
There's no trade window when he gives you the reward, but you can always check it in the 'system-tab' what he handed over to you.
In the questbook you can see if the quest is comleted.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 07:22:35 pm by Yahh »

jaycoke

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2010, 10:52:26 am »
The Pollen of Haos

Stuck at Lori Tryllyn

I say "It's for Vladovic Chel-Astra."

She replies "Excuse me? I must have heard you wrong."

Is this a known bug?

bilbous

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2010, 11:32:04 am »
There appears to be 5 bugs associated with that quest. Perhaps one of them is the problem you are having.
Added bonus is the advanced search example for flyspray.

antigone

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2011, 08:45:36 pm »
kay so. i was in the middle of like the Dark wanderer, quest and whatnot to get my "Pet" and all those quests are gone since the update. and i went back to talk to the npcs again and they had no info for me, and i tried to complete them by giving the needed items and it didnt work:( ahhh! what do i do?  :@#\

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 22, 2011, 02:17:54 am »
All open quests have been reset yesterday. Start it again.

Finished quests stay finished, you won't lose those.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Cirerey

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2011, 10:57:58 am »
There appears to be 5 bugs associated with that quest. Perhaps one of them is the problem you are having.
Added bonus is the advanced search example for flyspray.

Sadly Pollen of Haos is still not functioning properly. When I just gave Kisatol his 60 circles I got two options (Yes, a little and no). He could not recognize and respond to either of them. Hopefully the magical beings who fix such things will take care of it at some point.

Sarva

• Game Masters
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2011, 08:39:22 pm »
Note 80% of quests now have prereqs ie other quests that must be done first before you get the quest in question. In some cases there is just one quest you have to do first. In other there is a whole chain of quests that need to be done. If you are having a problem getting a quest it is most likely due to the fact there is a required quest you need to do before you can unlock the quest you want.

Lady Crankenstein

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2011, 05:45:35 pm »
GREAT XIOSIA's XYLOPHONE !!!...  HOW will we EVER know what ones we need??????  This is endless "un-fun".
   Please consider :
1) Just because you worked hard on the design, does not mean it is fun. ( I am a composer, I know about this )
2) Entertainers are the worst person to decide what is entertaining.... the audience is.
3) It appears to me.... your audience is not being heard.
4) Nobody in the local bar is dancing to the Nutcracker Suite... instead, you see the Mackarena, or the Cotton Eyed Joe... because SIMPLE is what the public relates to .... not endlessly compicated, full of frustrating zings, gotchas, stings, .... and disapointements...
  ... what are you doing to us?
La Crank

shrapnel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2011, 02:51:41 am »
The introduction to learning crafting that is initiated (by menu) with Harnquist may have a problem.... at least for me it does.

I've been away for a while (back from 0.3.x days) and ignoring my old character I went and created two new characters. Now, somehow this quest got completed with one and I have no idea how, and the second character, tonight was traveling to see the dwarf (Nalri Grimtorr) for the next part, however I had an app-crash (0.5.7.1) and when I restarted it, I had yet to have spoken to this NPC, and my quest was to only be found in the completed section. This NPC, now, apparently has no further instructions/requests for me as the quest is considered (PREMATURELY) completed.  >:( I want to be able to craft metals with these characters, and it's looking as if I don't "cheat" by passing on materials from one character to another, I won't be able to.

weltall

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • http://weltall.heliohost.org
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2011, 03:00:03 am »
I doubt a client crash can prematurely complete a quest, likewise a server crash can't due to how it's coded.

shrapnel

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2011, 03:04:36 am »
I doubt a client crash can prematurely complete a quest, likewise a server crash can't due to how it's coded.

I realize that neither crash should cause a quest to prematurely complete... a well coded client and server never would do that. It just makes me wonder why I've got this set of problems, am I alone with it, or is there a bug there? I wish I knew either way right now.