Author Topic: News:  (Read 5144 times)

Syzerian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2004, 11:07:27 pm »
damn, I was hoping the deathrealm would look alot more tainted or that it would be darker atleast

karakth

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2004, 11:15:19 pm »
Hmm so it will be either lose a magical item or visit the DR. I wonder...Can you still keep your stuff when you go to the DR?

Another thing that would be cool is being able to \"raid\" the treasure of the Death God :D
~Karakth, Arcane Loremaster of the Arcane Order.

icebr4kr

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2004, 12:14:05 am »
The magic death aura will not be present in CB, but will be in future versions, FYI.

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2004, 01:31:38 am »
What happens if you die in the death relm ??? Do you come back to life or do you die die ( go to the dead death relm ) ?

And what about the bodies ? if i mass kill a bunch of people at the entrances of the town have i effectively \"laid seige\" on the town ?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 01:32:04 am by snow_RAveN »
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Taldor

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • Tinker (traveling merchant)
    • View Profile
    • Bloodclaw
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2004, 01:54:41 am »
Originally posted by snow_RAveN
What happens if you die in the death relm ??? Do you come back to life or do you die die ( go to the dead death relm ) ?

In the realm of death everything is dim and shadow and the spirits of the dead cannot die again, they may be knocked out but never die no matter how badly they are wounded.

Quwaar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2004, 04:31:13 am »
The death auro is the thing that keep everyone from taking your stuff right. But as icebr4ker sais it will not be there yet, so does that mean you can steel everything from all bodys? Or will you still go to the DR?

I also trust the DEVs not to do more work on the models then necessary.

Hahaha, a magical item against a stip in the DR, Ill go for the DR the first time I guess, just to check it out, but when I get useless magical items, hehe, lets say. Im going the faster way.

-Q
Smile... Tomorrow will be worse

Pegasus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2004, 06:53:12 am »
Well even if the death aura is there i will find a stick to seperate bodies from treasure ;)

The screeny looks really nice ... though i have also been more interessted in the buttons than the environment :D

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2004, 07:09:17 am »
Another thing that would be cool is being able to \"raid\" the treasure of the Death God :D

that would be like an epic quest. one of those every few rl years. it would be talked about for while and fade away. rising to the status of myth and legend. the characters involved would become insanely famous, but basically thought of as semi-fictional.

and then one day somebody will discover a passage in a book, or some artifact that shows that the legend is true.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2004, 07:10:26 am by steuben »
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Beregar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2004, 07:48:21 am »
I am a little scared by this death aura. Not that I do not think protecting bodies from being looted is a bad idea, but mihgt that not be a little dangerous if somebody dies in group combat, and then in the heat of the melee, someone else stumbles into the corpse?

Or is touching meant in the way that you \"press the use button\" on the corpse? Just having to have a poly-collision with the body sounds bad, while \"using it\" and being punished or something sounds cool to me.

Apart from that: nice! Thanks for the update!

snow_RAveN

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2004, 07:49:28 am »
whoa i just thought of something ....
Think: cults killing thier own members and sending them to the DR  ... evil ...
Originally posted by DepthBlade
I am not as good as you with posting totally random pointless things that neither are relative or make any sense.

Harwen

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2004, 10:20:17 am »
Every screenshot the devs give is like a little christmas, or st. patricks day for me....Then again, so is every new line of text in the cvs...what a dork :P

Androgos

(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2004, 11:17:48 am »
That screenie is taken a while back and the lightning have (what I\'ve been told) been improved greatly

Cyberchu

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2004, 12:05:43 pm »
In group combat, surely there will be a possibility of reviving fallen freinds and allies. Also What stops someone creating a lot of alts and killing tham all to form a blockage across the exit from Hydlaa
Under construction

It is through suggestions and critisisms that we improve our ideas

Remember to

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2004, 01:03:28 pm »
4 people per account and the pure cpu needed to do that is...crazy
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Murais

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2004, 01:21:45 pm »
oh, god, that\'d be hilarious :D (you can\'t leave, nah nah nah nah nah nah!! lol
--------------------------------------------
We am spase peepole!!!! :)

------------------

You can\'t spell manslaughter without laughter!!! :D