Author Topic: Why will...  (Read 1057 times)

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Why will...
« on: September 05, 2004, 09:13:23 am »
You Devs not SAY SOMETHING!
FFS, is it so hard to put in a word in the forums or on the website once in a while. I mean tell us what\'s going on, right now. If nothing but testing then inform us of your decisions about the features that shall be in the game, what we can and can\'t do. Right now you have a bunch of people talking about this and that, random stuff. Which really is only because they have nothing else to talk about. 4/5 of them are newbies, and the oldbies are keeping quite because they know that nothing that they say will matter, cause they know that:
1) no info is ever given to us about the game.
2) we don\'t even know if you guys read the threads.
I mean its obvious that you won\'t respond to this thread cause, well this is a hard thing to respond to, i mean i don\'t even know what I would say to some things that I type. But at  the very least, if you guys have no time to do anything, cause you are so busy, could you just like, hire someone ( no pay included) from all of your fans to slowly give out information about the game when it seems like the community is going crazy. I mean i wouldn\'t make posts like this usually.  8o

PS: screw everyone who wants to argue the purpose, oor watever, of this post.
PS 2 : Because you are not giving us any info about the game we can be forgiven for asking things like : \"why is the game not ready?\" and \"where is CB?\". I mean its not like you guys have given us any explanation of why CB is not here right now. However if you were able to keep us more informed, atleast then, you would have a more sympathetical group of fans that would understand your problems and offer help most of the time.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 09:29:21 am by ajdaha »
love

Arberar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 09:41:05 am »
well i think the reason they don\'t always give out news is because they are busy working on CB, we can\'t really blame them cause they do this in there free time, BUT
it is a good idea to hire someone who gives out news
or someone who is allowed to test cb and take some screens of features, stuff like that

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 09:47:04 am »
Yeah, I know, thats why i said it.  :P
love

Waylander

• Veteran
  • Constantly correct since 1988
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 09:59:08 am »
Here you go

News: We found a bug
News: We fixed it meaning we are ever near to CB
News: No..no, it popped up again maybe if we...
News: K, I think we fixed it
News: We found another bug...

Cause that is what it will be, people will get hopes up only to have them dashed the next day, you can always go to the cvs history thingy which is updated almost daily.
<Jeraphon>oh khado
<Jeraphon>you so khrazy

Xil|sleeps: I love cadoras

Waylander, A.K.A: Cadoras, Khado, Nurahk, Armeen, Nostra ... God.

Crj

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2004, 10:20:26 am »
Blame only yourself for knowing nothing!
You only shows how much you \"dont care\" about planeshift.
Planeshift is open-source, you can get the info you want any time. Just search, being lazy is no exuse. You could check you guilds IRC channel more often...
Oh, we do know! Devs reply to threds now and then, but dont you think they have seen plenty of threds like this?

EDIT: small edit, guess some could have got me wrong XD
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 03:18:07 pm by Crj »
A new day, a new failure!

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2004, 11:21:21 am »
Yes, you should talk to your guildmates, AO knows a lot about CB....
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

tangerine

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2004, 11:49:45 am »
There _is_ something on the news page once in a while.

1) isn\'t surprise better that to know everything half a year in advance ?
2) sure, these threads are read and locked afterwards ;-)

This lack of information would not matter if CB wasn\'t so insanely and _unexpectedly_ delayed :(
The time to complete CB was very underestimated, it was too much to handle
in acceptable amount of time. This won\'t happen again. Further development will
hopefully proceed in much smaller steps.

It is true that there was no \"official\" explanation or even acknowledgement of the delay
and that is bad. Now I just hope that CB is close and after we release it, fix major
bugs and do some improvements, this depression will end.

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2004, 12:44:36 pm »
Do what I did, accept what happened, and don\'t worry about it. Half the time I am with PS people, I\'m not even thinking about CB. Have fun nomatter what. You could always find some other games to keep you occupied while you wait. Some free games, like RoE, or even runescape can be fun. I say, grow up. Accept what happened/is happening and move on...

Elegrand

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2004, 01:24:21 pm »
We know exactly whats going on. Testing. And it came straight from the Devs.
Captain Elegrand Orden Mornak at your service!

Journeyman in Ordo Illuminatis
http://www.illuminatis.tk

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2004, 01:28:04 pm »
I started this thread because for one there is the delay and two there are always ideas coming into the forums and no one to provide closure on them. So they just go to waste. That really pisses me off, i mean, people write stuff and no one really cares. Like so many pictures and art have been displayed in the Fan Art section, but we never get a Dev coming to say, \"yeah, hold on to that we might need it\". Only other fans. That\'s not right. ONce we\'ve all forgoten about these ideas, it\'ll be like half of PS had been taken away. This concept, makes me angry because so many games have been ruined only because the devs didn\'t listen and interact more with the fans. The ones who will buy (in this case, not really) the game and play it.
For example: they decide to add feature \"a\" in, but leave out feature \"z\". Without telling us they make that decision, no matter how you twist it, they should get someone to come on the boards once in a while and tell us about their decisions, so we can help them make those decisions, so that we have a game that we can all enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 01:41:09 pm by ajdaha »
love

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2004, 01:47:24 pm »
Originally posted by Crj
Blame only yourself for knowing nothing!
You only shows how much you \"dont care\" about planeshift.
Planeshift is open-source, you can get the info you want any time. Just search, being lazy is no exuse. You could check you guilds IRC channel more often...
Oh, we do! Devs reply to threds now and then, but dont you think they have seen plenty of threds like this?

FFS, you\'re in my guild, your supposed to back me up.
1) I wasn\'t talking about that, I was talking about telling us about the features, and the decisions, so we can comment on them. I mean, we can\'t have someone reading that other developement thingy and working out what is gonna stay and go.
2) Since when are you a Dev?
love

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2004, 01:49:17 pm »
Originally posted by Icefalcon
Do what I did, accept what happened, and don\'t worry about it. Half the time I am with PS people, I\'m not even thinking about CB. Have fun nomatter what. You could always find some other games to keep you occupied while you wait. Some free games, like RoE, or even runescape can be fun. I say, grow up. Accept what happened/is happening and move on...

\"Grow up\" that term is over used. I mean since when do you have to be a child to really worry about the developement of a game.
love

Levski

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2004, 01:55:15 pm »
Djaggernaut does look out on the Fan Art page, and he does try to recruit people who he believes worthy enough.

Venge does look in the Wish List section, and so do other devs, but a lot of the ideas there are *not* possible to be implented at this stage of the game.

Just because you don\'t see it happening doesn\'t mean it isn\'t.
Ingame name:  Nuv Cerdyn  ~   Member of: The Blitzers Guild

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2004, 02:20:14 pm »
Originally posted by ajdaha
FFS, you\'re in my guild, your supposed to back me up.

When you\'re an idiot, your an idiot...I don\'t think that is his fault.

Originally posted by ajdaha
2) Since when are you a Dev?

We do as in us, the community, know the devs read the forum.  R-e-a-d.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 02:20:38 pm by Kiern »

varsity

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2004, 02:40:45 pm »
Hey just be glad they\'re working on the game and are dedicated to it.  It\'ll come out soon, don\'t worry about it, when CB comes out they\'ll be updating regularly... (I think)

Atleast they\'re not going down the path Dragon Empires did, after three years of waiting for beta, etc.  They cancelled the project, it looked good too.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2004, 02:41:09 pm by varsity »