Author Topic: Cal3D  (Read 384 times)

Magerranger

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Cal3D
« on: September 24, 2004, 05:20:17 pm »
I know this is prolly the wrong place for this but theres no relevent forum and aol screwd me out of IRC so here goes:

I would like to know how to use cal3d spesificaly with 3dsmax. what i know already is that its a programe that is used for charicter animations to give them \'bones\' and that its downloadable from source forge.

What i dont know is how to use it, i d/l the 0.9.1.zip and theres no exacutable is it a plugin for 3dsmax? or if not how can i use it.

Once again sorry if its in the wrong place but i figured if anyone would know in this place its the artists. Thank you for your time.

\"Jesus Wept\"

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 05:29:51 pm »
+1 point for politeness

This really isn\'t the place to ask that. the best bet would be on the cal3d forums or checking the documentation on their site.

Edit: Found a likely forum URL. http://sourceforge.net/forum/?group_id=26281

josePhoenix
« Last Edit: September 24, 2004, 05:32:45 pm by josephoenix »
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Magerranger

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 05:42:59 pm »
sorry i thought the programme was spesific to this game and obviusly there will be information that is spesific to this game to getting animations and such to work.

P.S. W00t i got a point

\"Jesus Wept\"

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 05:45:37 pm »

Cal3d is a skeletal based 3d character animation library written in C++ in a platform-/graphic API-independent way. Originally designed to be used in a 3d client for Worldforge, it evolved into a stand-alone product which can be used in many different kinds of projects.

Not at all specific to planeshift, not even to crystalspace

PS: I\'m the only one who doles out points. No one else rewards politeness :-/

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"