Author Topic: Advancement?  (Read 409 times)

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Advancement?
« on: May 16, 2002, 07:48:50 am »
Ok, I?m a new and I downloaded the demo read the website and am reading a lot of the forum but I?m not there yet and I have a couple of questions.

From what I have read, this will be a skill based system (no Levels) or is this wishful thinking on my part?

Will characters have a free flowing path to choose from?

How is exp calculated? If I am mega powerful will I get exp for killing a weak monster?

If I am mega powerful in a group with newbie?s and I kill a moderate monster to me do the newbie?s get exp?    
-Paxx

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2002, 04:53:12 pm »
No levels, skill based.

Totally free flowing path.

Exp will be gained but statistically insignificant to high level player.

Not sure if group exp allocation has been figured out yet.  I would doubt exp will be shared if there is too large of a differential with people to prevent power levelling, but since there are no levels I am not sure what the point of power levelling would be or how we would detect the differential in the first place. :-)

- Vengeance

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2002, 07:54:49 pm »
Creating a logic for calculating level of character Vs. level of another character is not to difficult. And there are multiple ways to do it.

You calculate total skill points and that is the level of  a character.

Separately you can split your total points spent list.

Categories would be something like
Combat: defensive and offensive with 1/2 the total of combat related knowledge /total points used.

Magic: defencive, offencive, and craft with 1/2 the total from magic related knowledge/ total points used.

Craft: craft creation, and 1/2 the total from craft related knowledge skills/ total points used.

This is a mock up but calculations along these lines can be used to compare characters.

Also this can compare characters Vs. monsters or mobs.

Since I don\'t know the rules of the system I can\'t really give a realistic equation.
-Paxx

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2002, 07:18:03 pm »
This is why you need to join the Rules team.  :)