Author Topic: another one ! :)  (Read 1417 times)

Kajin

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
another one ! :)
« on: May 17, 2002, 12:02:16 am »
well i see all of you ppl having problems before the world loads and i dont find one that has the same as me :)
on my machine the world loads kinda fast (dsl) and i succeed in entering the game to the point where i see my char from behind. sometimes i can talk, sometimes not, but always when i try to walk forward i will get the floor piercing bug... anyone have the same problem ? thx alot :)

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2002, 01:40:41 am »
You are not alone, I have had that too. At first I thought falling through with your first step must be due to busy server times, but then recently it happened when I was the only one there ?( . Seems to be a bit random for me, sometimes I can have a long wander round before falling and other times I fall as you do.

I think I read that this is fixed with the imminent next release though, so hopefully no need to worry :D

Anath

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2002, 10:37:42 pm »
Hi :D
I was having the falling through the floor prob. but now (I DLed the new version) I cant even connect on the safe version, and forget it on the GL, all I get is a FULL black screen when I try to open it. At least I can say with the first one I DLed I could connect and I would fall through the floor sometimes (and always always when trying to take stairs! that was a no no for me, avoided them like the plague!) Hi Hi kada :)) How are you?

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2002, 02:50:00 am »
Hi Anath, I\'m very well thank you :D

So far when I try to connect to the new version all I get is the message - \'Server has dumped us for unknown reason\' - I\'ll try a quieter server time, see if that helps :(

Anath

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2002, 07:25:12 am »
I wish mine would at least do that, then I would know its not my fault :p I just aint gettin anything. ah well, no biggy, it will be fixed eventually, we waited this long right, whats a month or 2 more?

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2002, 09:06:57 am »
If the server is down at the time you try to connect, I believe you will get that \"The server has dumped us\" message after a few seconds.

I would suggest trying again.  Mostly the server is up but sometimes it takes us a while to find out that it is down.

- Vengeance

Anath

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2002, 01:42:49 am »
I didnt get any message. I will tell you what it does everytime I have tried to load it in the past couple days.
Open safe mode= half of the screen is stick in no mans land and I cant get it down. when I start it it gets as far as the options if I wanna connect, quit or make a char and stalls.
Open GL= My whole screen turns black and it doesnt do anything after that... just sits there in blackness.
with both of these things I have to Ctrl+Alt+delete.
The other version was working, not great but at least it was working...
Should I try downloading it again? Should I step on it with really big platform shoes? Sing to it?

Kendrick

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2002, 09:41:24 am »
Anath:

Try changing the resolution.

go to C:\\Program Files\\planeshift (if C is your hard drive) and then open psclient.cfg with NotePad (Right Click. Open With. Scroll Down and find NotePad)

now heres the tricky part

under the thing that looks like
; ******************
; * Part 2: Config *
; ******************

is something that should look like this

; Width/height of CrystalSpace visual
Video.ScreenWidth = ****
Video.ScreenHeight = ****

turn those *\'s in 800 and 600

Video.ScreenWidth = 800
Video.ScreenHeight = 600

if that don\'t work try uninstalling, then reinstalling
« Last Edit: May 26, 2002, 09:51:17 am by Kendrick »

Anath

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2002, 11:18:25 am »
*whispers* its not the resolution. i will try downloading it again.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2002, 01:42:12 am »
Kada El, we believe the server bug which was causing it to crash every few hours instead of running unattended for days has been fixed.

Hopefully you will experience that \"Server Dumped You\" message much less often, if at all.

- Venge

Kada-El

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2002, 02:30:39 pm »
Thanks Venge, works like a charm again now :D I did have my session terminated with the message \'Server is linkdead. Exiting Planeshift\', but perhaps that could have been my current unstable connection X( curse you AOL!

I hope you manage to get to the bottom of your problem Anath - must be frustrating for you, wish I could offer you some advice :(

Anath

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2002, 04:59:30 pm »
Thanks kada, but unfortunately I have not been able to fix whats wrong. It seems its just me...
I have done all I could but it still does the same things.
Safe freezes at the start and GL just opens in blackness and stops running.
Maybe when a newer version comes out it will fix my problems. How depressing  ;(