Author Topic: New guild level  (Read 664 times)

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
New guild level
« on: October 22, 2004, 09:28:57 am »
I was thinking about the guild levels, and came up with one, level 0 - Spy, for the guilds that want spies, it could be very usefull, the spy could be in another guild, but when people type /who he could only be seen in the guild that he isn\'t a spy, but when a member of his guild types /guildmembers, he could see the spies, that way there will be counter spying too...
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 07:06:27 pm »
You are encouraging spy alts? Do you really want this community and this game to go down the drain?

Olig

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2004, 08:03:20 pm »
Well, there are little ways of preventing spy alts...
Beware that I am distorted in my wording if you do not understand me at all.

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2004, 08:20:42 pm »
True, but the least we can do is not encourage it...

SaintNuclear

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2004, 09:19:37 pm »
Icefalcon, he\'s not suggesting spy alts. He\'s suggesting spying without having to make another character, thus IC spies.

Still, bad idea, spies are stupid, there\'s nothing to spy on no matter if it\'s IC or OOC.
September 23rd, 2004 19:52:38 UTC
<+Grakrim> I have a legal copy of Windows XP Pro.

October 19th, 2004 24:43:02 UTC
I have copies of [Windows] 3.1, 3.11, 95, and 98, too. Not to mention various versions of MS-DOS

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2004, 11:29:33 pm »
I see it as spy alts... besides, a spy does not go around saying, hi, I\'m Level 0, that makes me a spy.
If you absolutely must have spies... then keep them a secret or it\'s just ridiculous. For example what is stopping a level 8 whatever in a guild being a spy? For The Community that would be one of The Four... why can\'t they spy?
I don\'t think we need a rank for spy.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Olig

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2004, 11:50:55 pm »
Actually, I like the idea of guilds creating spies. It adds a whole new element of secrecy to the game, plus guilds will be more serious about recruiting new members if they know that spies are about. Wasn\'t there a guild that was completely made up of spies a while back? Oo
« Last Edit: October 22, 2004, 11:51:12 pm by Olig »
Beware that I am distorted in my wording if you do not understand me at all.

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 12:06:08 am »
Spies are going to unavoidable I think...
I just feel that there is no need for a rank \"spy\"...
What part of covert did you miss Lordbug..?
Spies are covert ops... not overt... and thus should not be easily recognised as spies.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Syzerian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 12:11:18 am »
*Whacks Lordbug over the head with the blunt end of a dagger*
Dont go encouraging things like this!
These kind of things will destroy the community

zinder

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2004, 04:09:09 am »
Supporting moles is a bad idea. It may work out in a single human side game, but it is bad for multi human side games.
If you want to spy, play it out. Bribery, extortion and interogation (with stimuli (alcohol, etc) or without) in character are much more interesting, as long as it stays IC.

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 02:15:10 pm »
*Lordbug bleeds* Ouch!!!

I\'m not suporting spies, just saying that some guilds would be more complete with that (I think we can\'t be in two guilds at the same time).
I\'m in a teaching guild (kind of...) so I wouldn\'t like to be a spy.
It doesn\'t have to be level 0, it could be, like Adeli said, another level, people won\'t say \"I\'m a spy!!!\" or something like that, \'coz that would blow their cover.
I think spies aren\'t stupid, I think they can be very usefull for certain things.
Well, guess there are many people against the idea... but still I think the same...

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 03:12:24 pm »
Be honest with me on this one, or I\'ll just discard the thread as very useless.

What would you spy on in a diffrent guild? Who they like and who they don\'t like (ooooOOooo!)? When they\'re going on guild hunts (ooo!!!), or what skills they have (OOoooO!!!)? .. You see, this game has no use for spies. You can get all the information you want by simply being a nice person and asking them. There\'s no PvP in the game, so if they don\'t like you, you\'ll probably find out when you recieve 50 duel requests, and it\'s not like you wont have the time to prepare if they declare war on you, as both parts have to accept it. So be honest, what are spies good for, except playing batman and thinking you\'re cool by listening to other people\'s seriously useless conversations, when you could be better off making money?
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2004, 04:53:00 pm »
Yeah, maybe it\'s right, the game doesn\'t need spies, but still I think that when the game has PvP, it could be usefull, but I don\'t have an opinion on this.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2004, 05:01:44 pm »
\"When the game has PvP\"? I certainly hope you\'ve been reading on how PvP will be handled in CB, it hasn\'t exactly been elusive information. And Gronomist has explained things perfectly here, just for you.

On a side note, how can you not have an opinion on something you\'re proposing? ;P
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Taruk

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Hi Lordbug
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2004, 05:44:12 pm »
Hi Lordbug(ola)
I think there could be guilds and groups.
Guilds are like families but havent u got some one in ure family u dont like?(Not that I have some one in my guild that I dont like...)Groups would be like friend groups that hasnt a leader. Its like a chat.

A sword is nothing to a leader. 100 are!