Author Topic: PS2 vs X-BOX vs PC  (Read 2253 times)

Boldstorm

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2004, 10:51:28 am »
No need to double post, that is what the edit button is for. I also think most people have heard of those 2 games expecially since there is another thread in the same section discussing which one is better that seems pretty active.

There are good games made exclusivley for each system, I think peoples favorite console just falls into whatever one has the exclusive games that they like to play.

Gamecube = Mario and Zelda etc
X-Box has Halo
PS2 has Gran Turismo

Myself I like racing games and I like the feel of the PS2 controller so when it comes to consoles I tend to like PS2 a little better even though it isn\'t the most powerful system or whatever, but when it comes down to everything the PC owns all of them. :D

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2004, 10:53:50 pm »
Speaking of GameCube games... have you seen/heard of/played \"The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age\"? I heard about it at CAD but thought it was a joke.
You seriously play as hero wannabes who tag along with the fellowship... I saw it today... made me laugh.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

dannythompson

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2004, 11:17:38 pm »
Heck what microsoft, sony, nintendo, and sega should do is just make one super console. I\'m sick and tired of wanting to play games that are on consoles that I don\'t own. I\'m not going to shell out $300 or more because these developers are too greedy to band together and face the fact they will always be competing untill they just unify to one console. Plus this super console would be the best selling electronic device ever conceived no doubt. Actually scratch that, they should all go out of business and just develop games for PC, the bastards.

I\'m back.... Perhaps in black.

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2004, 01:43:56 am »
Originally posted by Boldstorm
Gamecube = Mario and Zelda etc
X-Box has Halo
PS2 has Gran Turismo

What he meant to say was:
Gamecube = Mario, Zelda, Metriod, F-Zero, Starfox, Harvestmoon, donkykong *gets lazy*
X-Box = Halo
PS2 = Gran Turismo
Lol Internet

fireofsoul

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2004, 03:24:57 am »
Anyone happen to have halo-2 and xbox live? caus if so i wanna play against you

Boldstorm

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2004, 10:52:49 am »
Originally posted by dannythompson
Heck what microsoft, sony, nintendo, and sega should do is just make one super console. I\'m sick and tired of wanting to play games that are on consoles that I don\'t own. I\'m not going to shell out $300 or more because these developers are too greedy to band together and face the fact they will always be competing untill they just unify to one console. Plus this super console would be the best selling electronic device ever conceived no doubt. Actually scratch that, they should all go out of business and just develop games for PC, the bastards.

And this would cut compainies profits incredibly. Ok so you sell a system for $300 when they cost $200+ brand new? Where is the profit when this has to be split 3 ways. Also since alot of households will buy more then one system then each company loses out. Also each company sells their own games made by their own company or that they have exclusive rights to or even are available on all 3 consoles, well now only one copy of a game is being sold, so they lose out.
Plus think about all the jobs that would be lost if you did this. There would be no need for marketing the system as heavily so you would lose those jobs. With all 3 companies developing for one system not as many jobs would be needed in each company for development so you would lose those jobs. And there will not be as many consoles being made in total so you would lose a ton of manufacturing jobs.
I am not even going to get into how the competition forces the companies to try and produce better games so they can out sell each other.
In general the competition is good and I don\'t want it to stop.

dannythompson

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2004, 06:33:16 pm »
Originally posted by Boldstorm
And this would cut compainies profits incredibly. Ok so you sell a system for $300 when they cost $200+ brand new? Where is the profit when this has to be split 3 ways. Also since alot of households will buy more then one system then each company loses out. Also each company sells their own games made by their own company or that they have exclusive rights to or even are available on all 3 consoles, well now only one copy of a game is being sold, so they lose out.
Plus think about all the jobs that would be lost if you did this. There would be no need for marketing the system as heavily so you would lose those jobs. With all 3 companies developing for one system not as many jobs would be needed in each company for development so you would lose those jobs. And there will not be as many consoles being made in total so you would lose a ton of manufacturing jobs.
I am not even going to get into how the competition forces the companies to try and produce better games so they can out sell each other.
In general the competition is good and I don\'t want it to stop.

It\'s called a merge and the only people who would \"lose thier jobs would be the manufacturers. Frankly thats too bad and they have many other jobs they could do other than assemble the console.

If the companies merged and made one super console it would probally go for over 400 bucks and I would be fine with that. Thats still WAY cheaper than it costs to buy all the systems nowadays.

If these companies made a superconsole it would probally be in every home of every person who previously owned an xbox, gamecube or playstation 2. Then just because of the sheer media buzz, thousands of people who have never previously owned a system would go out ot buy this console. The profits would be split 3 (or 4 if sega joined in too) ways evenly (or however the companies agree to).

Compition for making games isn\'t a bad thing btw. Thats a good thing. I\'d rather see them fighting for better games than fighting over peices of plastic and invisible copyrights.

I mean seriously boldstorm, your argument is completely false and unstanding.

I\'m back.... Perhaps in black.

Boldstorm

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #52 on: November 11, 2004, 09:01:26 pm »
Umm yeah ok.
Listen danny as soon as you have any concept about how employment structures, competition, profit/loss company mergers or general business work then you can tell me my arguement is completly false and ummm \"unstanding\".

It has been proven that Monopolies are not good for the economy or for employment  or for that matter quality of product, but since you are such a Business Whiz you seem to think that this Monopoly would somehow be diffrent.  ?(

Slatz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #53 on: November 11, 2004, 09:32:24 pm »
X-... has halo 2?? woopee... its not that great of a game.. i mean come on.. how many times can you possibly make a shooter game? wolfenstein did that way back when, doom contiued doing that, marathon did that, any of the unreal games... is that many iterations of the same thing really necessary? i get enough pleasure out of shooting stuff with P.N.03.. its all i need.. i run, i jump, i dodge, and i shoot.. i got a few cool tricks up my sleeves with the energy drives.. anyway.. GCN all the way.. as i said before PCs just arent comparable to these systems.. apples and oranges.. apples and oranges..
I shall deliver oblivion\'s unforgiving wrath to those who threaten the Lady Natrina and the Bloodclaw High Council...
Slatz, Recruit in Bloodclaw Inc.

Adeli

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #54 on: November 11, 2004, 09:52:51 pm »
Where did that saying come from? You can compare anything if you want. you can compare apples and pears. They are both fruit after all.

Okay, what is P.N.03? Everyone talks about it.

Boldstorm is right, sorry Danny, but he is. How would you like to be unemployed because your company merged? Finding jobs isn\'t as easy as you seem to think.
Also, monopolies are never a good idea, in fact they are illegal here in Australia, it is seen as unfair advantage.

Let\'s do a hypothetical here...
Sony employs 200 000 in it\'s console branch, Nintendo have 100 000, and Microsoft have 300 000. Here we have 600 000 people working to produce/market three different consoles. If they merged... the maximum need would be say... 300 000. Meaning only half the employees keep their jobs.
How can you say 300 000 unemployed is worth you saving a couple hundred dollars on a console... If it is that hard to buy them, don\'t?
If each company made $100 million in sales... when they merge, there\'d be around $200 million between three... Because many people buy more than one of the three major consoles... but nobody would need to buy three superomniconsoles.

(These numbers are pure fabrication)

Post Script: If there was a monopoly... the console would cost around $2000, simply because they can charge that much, as there is no alternative.

I like Red Jelly Beans!

Myrtl

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2004, 10:26:23 pm »
Originally posted by Adeli
Post Script: If there was a monopoly... the console would cost around $2000, simply because they can charge that much, as there is no alternative.

Exactly....wait a sec. If thats true then my x-box used would sell for around 1000 dollars! MUhahaha

250$ is enough for a console already. I dont wana have to pay 2000
Non nobis Domine, non nobis sed Nomini Tuo da Gloriam
Not for us O Lord, not for us but in Your Name is the Glory

In-game: Myrtl Shift

Join The Knights Templar at
http://www.freewebs.com/the-knights-templar/

Khilandar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2004, 02:36:27 am »
Speaking of GameCube games... have you seen/heard of/played \"The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age\"? I heard about it at CAD but thought it was a joke.
You seriously play as hero wannabes who tag along with the fellowship... I saw it today... made me laugh.

Hahaha, made me laugh (a lil too much :P) !
Someone make me a sig :)

Entamis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2004, 05:42:06 am »

Who would buy a console that\'s more expensive than a PC? :P

JellyWerker

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2004, 12:15:25 pm »
slap a little white paint on the side of an xbox controller, and bam, instant shamu, anyways, I like these systems, not neccessarily in that order though (NES, Nes, nes)

pc
xbox
n64
gamecube (have you seen the new zelda?, go Shigeru, woot :D)
nes
snes
psx
ps2
sega not the dc
Warning: Prone to common sense.

Slatz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2004, 10:49:13 pm »
P.N.03 is a game by Capcom.. aesthetically, and conceptually, its absolutely awesome.. realistically, its a bit choppy with the controls, you wont understand what i mean unless you actually play it , its a bit difficult to explain.. the ai isnt the best, but so far it seems to be kicking my butt in normal mode.. you can find information about it at capcoms website.. i like it, i dont expect a lot of other people to.. i generally like the obscure games that nobody ever plays (Kinetica anyone, i loved this game too)
I shall deliver oblivion\'s unforgiving wrath to those who threaten the Lady Natrina and the Bloodclaw High Council...
Slatz, Recruit in Bloodclaw Inc.