Author Topic: Better Chat Interface  (Read 429 times)

Aerig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Better Chat Interface
« on: December 03, 2004, 01:14:35 am »
This is the only part of MB that I thought was actually not good.

I\'ll bet this has already been said so feel free to delete this post if so ;) but the chat interface is pretty clumsy.

You have to click on the chat bar before you can type and then you have to right click elsewhere to move again, which is going to be a nightmare if you have combat and need to call for help etc.

It would also be nice to be able to hide, move and resize the chat window, which is currently going to be right over the faces of half the people around you.

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 01:37:22 am »
IMHO, hitting the Enter or Return key should activate/send/deactivate the chat window.

Aerig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 01:49:00 am »
I tried that before I made the post, just in case my memory was playing up after a long night. And I just tried it again. No joy.

However, that was on MB and I suspect most people here might be on CB. Is CB downloadable? Is the alpha open to anyone? Am I connecting to the wrong server?

NB If there is a link that will let me help out with the alpha test, please post it (I\'ve played half a dozen MMORPGs, beta tested half of those and been programming for 20 years)

Shadowfalcon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 01:56:43 am »
Sadly, CB is only available for the devs and a select few testers, so that they may work out the bugs, so us PS supporters can have a bug free game. Cant wait till its ready for public release.

Zorium

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 04:32:46 am »
You can download CB but  you wont have any graphics, music, quests and all other proprietry information so it would be bordering on useless.

The chat interface seems to have changed signifigently in CB so there should not be problem (I hope anyway), possibly a tester could clear this up as I assume saying that something has improved or not would not breach the NDA.

-Zorium
I reserve the right to be wrong.

Syzerian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 04:53:27 am »
If saying something has improved breaches the NDA then almost everyone has breached it 8o

Zorium

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2004, 03:06:31 am »
True, but of course these court cases aren\'t always public :P

-Zorium
I reserve the right to be wrong.