Author Topic: Skills got weird  (Read 977 times)

SoW

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Skills got weird
« on: December 26, 2004, 02:25:57 pm »
During a lot of linkdeads at about 7.00 PM GMT I was killing rats at the sewers and things got weird. My sword skill raised in a few hits to 30 and my melee skill to 87. I was hitting about 4 dmg before the linkdeads and over 30 after them. And this happened to everyone in there, or so I think, because people started to hit always over 20 and someone even over 50.

EDIT: Oops. Someone posted at the same time, so delete at will, except there was a little mistake on the other thread, because the skills got weird before the GM shut down the server

EDIT 2: And the rats seem to do over 20 dmg now also
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 02:47:49 pm by SoW »

Exaero_Fiero

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2004, 02:55:31 pm »
My sword skill got up to 72 and I started hitting about 51-54 dmg at once. It was fun killing Gobbles with two hits, but...
\"What, drawn, and talk of peace? I hate that word as I hate hell...\" The Mercenary Guild

Isolis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2004, 03:14:46 pm »
http://www.dealexpert.net/upload3/ratdamage.jpg , thats about the rats ... weird also got one rat  that gave me 42 exp...
/bonk

Jubobo

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
owie
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2004, 04:55:54 pm »
we do got some tough sewer rats down there. i\'m lucky if i can kill one. and if i do i\'m lucky to exit the game and save before server goes linkdead. lol. still a great game and can\'t wait for server to be fixed. already has great aspects of a mmorpg and hope this continues for many years!

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2004, 05:08:13 pm »
I upgraded my skills, but have the idea my skills lowered :S
Spended 8 progression points and alot of money to get lower skills, nice :/

I am missing everytime now, and when I dont miss I do like 0.2 damage (previously 5-6 ).

It seems alot of people screwed up and others got big benefits. So I would suggest to take the server down immidiately and use an old database file form yesterday or something so everything will go back 24 hours in time.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2004, 05:09:15 pm by Toadhead »

[redneptun]

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2004, 05:31:04 pm »
Good idea.
I lost my skills, too.
Damn unfair. :(

Sulatorc

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2004, 05:41:49 pm »
I think this is to be expected. Yes some of my skills were decreased but i don\'t mind. People need to remember that this is still a work in progress. The developers did not do this on purpose and i am sure are trying to find what happened. The best i could say is not get too attached to your skills or you character during any game testing phase not just this game.

Crash

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2004, 05:42:58 pm »
Originally posted by Toadhead
I upgraded my skills, but have the idea my skills lowered :S
Spended 8 progression points and alot of money to get lower skills, nice :/

I am missing everytime now, and when I dont miss I do like 0.2 damage (previously 5-6 ).

It seems alot of people screwed up and others got big benefits. So I would suggest to take the server down immidiately and use an old database file form yesterday or something so everything will go back 24 hours in time.

i agree, even though i would be sad to lose my progress my character has been messed up and i think it would be best to start over fresh.  Since its only the 3rd day since the release im sure no one has made so much progress as to be greatly dissapointed. And a reminder, log out to save anytime u do anything remotely significant, i just lost 8 prog points and what ever cash cause of linkdead :\\

Toadhead

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2004, 05:15:54 am »
I lost my prog points though linkdead too.

And btw, exp will stay the same, prog points will be changed after linkdead. So get 99% exp, train (+1 prog point), server linkdead, more prog points but still 99% exp so can you it again :)

So this way alot of people can and might already have cheated. So they should wipe the database and fix all those bugs first before releasing it again.

I mean we discovered SOO much bufs, I think we should give the devs some time to fix all those first before discorvering more :)