Author Topic: Updater problem fixed  (Read 464 times)

Iamthom

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Updater problem fixed
« on: December 26, 2004, 06:58:25 pm »
On this computer I couldnt get the update to run, it would pop up the dos window but when then actual updater window opened it would pop up with a windows error and close. I found away around this.

I started playing with the settings and I found that right clicking the psupdater.exe file then hitting properties, going to compatibility, then checking the \"Run in 256 colors\" makes it work, when it finally comes up the screen is redone to run in 256 colors (and the program is really hard to read what it says) just click the first button on the left. (the first out of the blue ones, in the middle)

After that it tells you to rerun the updater, do that again and it should just stop, i found out through other threads that when this happens just exit and go to the PS directory, find the updater.zip file and unzip that, then move all those files into the ps directory and overwrite the current ones. It is then updated.

yay lol

edit: now that i have the updater fixed i need now concern my problem when getting to the world loading screen (after you hit Join Game). It now seems to have a problem there and crashes, ill get the dump soon. Also im still having that problem with the font (white boxes)

p.s. i accidently made the other thread in the technical help forum, can a mod please delete that?
- Milden/Mildew (whichever you knew me by)