Author Topic: Balance?  (Read 342 times)

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Balance?
« on: July 06, 2002, 02:12:38 pm »
Will there be a good deal of balance in planeshift. For instance it doesnt matter what your class is it all depends on your skill and level. Is it like if your a level 12 mercenery you can beat a level 15 rogue because your a mercenery.

Models dont make the game textures do!

Valkyr

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2002, 02:19:48 pm »
that doesn\'t make any sense to me

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2002, 02:26:11 pm »
Have you ever went into a game as a level one char and killed a level 3 char just becuz of your class. If so that game was unbalanced

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2002, 11:11:05 pm »
What are you talking about WarLeader? This game is not class based, so I don\'t think you\'ll have that problem. Perhaps it is possible you get killed by someone who is less skilled in combat (in general, i mean), but he would have to be pretty smart, and a bit lucky too.

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2002, 03:39:18 am »
Oh it isnt based on class?!? how come im seeing all this swords and halberds and stuff im talking about weapon class vs. magery who would be more percentage wise to win either the melee or the magery or will they be balanced and it doesnt matter if your a mage or a swordsman it all dependz on your level and shizzy stuff like them

TheGeneral

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2002, 12:14:00 pm »
AH, i think i know what WarLeader is talking about.
He is saing that is MOST, if not all LVL based MMORPGs, a lvl 1 fighter can so kill a lvl 1 mage, just because the fighter put all of his points into attack, and def, and mage, he\'s got mana points :D. SO a fighter would be able to kill that mage just because he\'s got more HP and some better armor.
And now for answer, since this game in not LVL based, we will not have to worry about that, everyone starts out pretty equal, and just dev his skills acording to his job, a fighter would work on a sword, while a mage works on one of the schools of magic. And there is the option of switching, becoming a warlord when u r really high lvl (AKA using both sword and magic) :O
You see, that is if the project is a great one, the game wil not fail later on, because u can always become better, even if you are the best, and you can always switch and become EVEN better by learning some magic instead of the way of the sword.
Hope this long thing helps :]

Join BISM here: BISM
Join The Calen Vakhar
NEVER YOU HEAR ME!

WarLeader

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2002, 02:01:22 pm »
YES!!! thanks TheGeneral you got it, you knew exactly what i was talking about  :D