Author Topic: death place?!  (Read 894 times)

harrydahog

• Traveller
    • View Profile
death place?!
« on: January 17, 2005, 03:29:43 pm »
im having trouble getting out of the death place. Is there any pointers? its pretty dark in there so i cant see well so what should i do. dont spoil it just give me pointers......
everytime you masturbate,
god kills a kitten.

Sarrow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 03:52:00 pm »
you could just type /spawn

But anyway jsut folow the path and you should be alright
Sar-row (say-row)  n.  1. A individual or group that protrays discrimination to current society. See synonyms at Revolutionists

Androgos

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 04:31:11 pm »
Learn the way, because we will remove /spawn soon

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 09:33:01 pm »
Yay, death to the /spawn command!  :D

Andy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2005, 10:16:40 pm »
Hay once the /spawn command is gone what do we do if we get ourselves stuck, or come accross another bug, and can\'t move?  I have used it a couple times because of that.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2005, 10:53:30 pm »
Before you get rid of it, can we have a commemerotive \"last spawn\" as a salute? :P

Jayclark

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2005, 10:58:52 pm »
I have had to used the /spawn command often. Mostly when  I fall in to no where land. Unstick dosen\'t seem to work for me then. And since the server remembers where you were at it just spawns me back in no where land after I log out.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2005, 12:25:22 am »
If you get stuck and /unstick doesn\'t work, /tell a GM. (Elscha, Cad, Ozymandis, Nepthis, Pogo, Feran are a few GMs.)

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2005, 02:10:51 am »
Send the /spawn to where it belongs! To it\'s doom, to it\'s death!!!!!! For those who\'s soul is ironed are not afraid to find the way out, not afraid to stuck between levels! (roar) For if that is our destiny, we shall gladly accept it!

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

Daydy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2005, 04:57:24 am »
While this whole /spawn removal thing is all very well, I still want to push the fact that I can\'t see a darn thing in the death realm, and keep falling off the edge.  Can we at least have a map, or a realm where you can actually see where you\'re going?  All I get is a large expanse of black.
She is I, Desrealle Nign.

diabolus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2005, 06:41:19 am »
Maybe you got some hardware problems? The death realm was pretty well lighted last time i was there. You usually appear at the bottom of some stair case, you walk up the stairs, across some metallic bridge and then up a spiral \'path\'  [which goes around the large pillar you enter after the bridge]   which might be hard to see. Then it\'s another ladder, past some flying creature across another bridge into the mouth of huge facial sculpture [pinkish aura there] and voila teleported back out. All this is a very short distance last i checked [literally 1 minute if you got past the spiral path quickly]. You most certainly don\'t need a map for that?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 06:43:29 am by diabolus »

Memnaur

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2005, 11:07:14 am »
If you are on a Windows client, definately check your control panel and make sure you are running in 32bit graphics mode.
I understand there\'s a command line switch - gamma if you are running a Linux client.

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2005, 11:34:50 am »
turn up gamma in your nvidia/ati controll panel or brightness on moniter
« Last Edit: January 18, 2005, 11:35:06 am by bbum »

Daydy

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2005, 12:54:40 am »
I\'ll see what I can do, but I am running the Mac client if that\'s any conselation...
She is I, Desrealle Nign.

shifthappens

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Follow, follow, follow
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2005, 10:59:15 pm »
I just follow someone past the tricky bits, (no light in the dark realm) and then into the game, once I have light again.  Why not those who are dying or have die (???hmmmmm) just ask around if others who can see and just follow?

Suddenly I\'m struck by the sureal aspects of following someone in the death realm.
\"I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.\" - Forgot who said this.