Author Topic: just curious when - next release/update  (Read 377 times)

kotkovetz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
just curious when - next release/update
« on: July 25, 2002, 04:37:56 pm »
just curious if anyone has any idea when the next release will be out?  I read in a post about a month ago that it would be in the next 2-3 months, but then again their news says their going better than ever so maybe it\'d come out a little bit sooner?

Princess Aelya

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2002, 05:05:20 pm »
well im no dev but from what ive heard they are making very good progress and should be done with the next update in about a month,maybe a little less.The reason it is taking so long is because they are adding tons of new stuff to the game
« Last Edit: July 25, 2002, 05:06:16 pm by Princess Aelya »
We are a guild that strives for glory,we strive for power,we strive for domination.Visit us here--> Dark Empire  \"Oloth vaq\' dos!\"

Sig removed because it was to big...I\'ll put it back when I get it resized.

acraig

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2002, 06:39:29 pm »
Well, we can not give out any dates since we don\'t really know.  Since it is all done in spare time you never know how much or how little time people may have to work on PlaneShift.

That being said we have the basics for a lot of neat things like picking up items and wielding weapons ( at least graphically ) and NPCs and combat.   What takes the time is working with these things to a) make sure that they are stable and b) make sure that we are doing the basics correctly so we can easily add on to it later on.  

Another thing is that we are working on an updater application so people do not have to download the entire (huge)package each time just the files that have changed.  We are testing this at the moment.

Once these ideas come together we can release another version.  As to when, I cannot say, but please stick around.  We are working very hard and making many changes each day that improve PlaneShift.
----------
Andrew
"For all I know, she's lying, everyone's lying; welcome to the Internet"

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2002, 07:13:09 pm »
Originally posted by acraig
Another thing is that we are working on an updater application so people do not have to download the entire (huge)package each time just the files that have changed.  We are testing this at the moment.

that\'s good! hopefully there won\'t be much problems with it  :D

kotkovetz

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2002, 11:53:07 pm »
allright thanks for the info, just asking because after september 5th I may not have access to a computer very much for about a year..

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2002, 02:06:45 am »
Sorry to hear that, Kotkovetz...

I would say the chances of this being released by Sept 5th are slim and none.  Hopefully by the end of Sept though.

No promises!  Just like with the last release, we\'ll release it whenever we believe it is ready and that you will have fun with it.  No use in wasting everyone\'s time, is there?  :-)

- Venge

Elentor

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2002, 08:16:15 am »
I wouldn\'t really say \"none\", but chances are very few indeed.