Author Topic: battle  (Read 591 times)

kcirbmab

• Traveller
    • View Profile
battle
« on: July 26, 2002, 10:47:20 pm »
hey, im new, does anybody know what the battle system will be like?

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2002, 10:48:10 pm »
i think they are still working that out.....could be wrong though

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2002, 01:18:56 am »
What do you want to know?

- Venge

kcirbmab

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2002, 02:46:04 pm »
I wanna know what kind it is. Is it action battles or battles where u take turns or what?

Spartan8

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2002, 05:28:45 pm »
Yeha i have also been kind of curios. i have never played an online game before so i dont know how these things usually work. i have been kind of assuming that it would be like morrowind though. i guess that thats just wishful thinking.
JESUS FREAK AND PROUD OF IT!

Highwayman

kcirbmab

• Traveller
    • View Profile
morrowind?
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2002, 06:35:01 pm »
whats morrowind like?

Golbez

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2002, 06:45:18 pm »
I would also like it to be that kind of game, an online RPG with action elements. This way more skill will be involved in the fighting, and I think the player will be even more inmersed in the gameworld.
Although we should think if the engine is capable of handling such a thing, and if it would have a negative effect on game speed.

Vengeance

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2002, 06:51:03 pm »
You can control your character\'s aggressiveness during a fight, but you don\'t click/type for each move.  Your fighting speed is controlled by your strength, dexterity and weapon speed.  Your ability to dodge is controlled by agility and the armor you are wearing.  You can also block attacks if you are good with your weapons and/or shield.  Your armor does not affect your ability to be hit, like in most games though.  Instead your armor decreases the damage you take if you are hit, which we think is much more realistic.

As the 3d team catches up with skeletal animation, the server will send animated moves to your character and the one you are fighting, along with sound effects to match the action so the fights are more interesting to watch.

btw, this is all written and more or less \"done\" at this point.  I just committed the code for it this morning.

- Vengeance

Funhouse

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2002, 07:19:30 pm »
ok so does the fighting lean more towards the Mortal Combat style (fast with lots of different attacks, not the pressing different combinations of keys) or ....uh Diablo (kinda boring, slow with pretty much 1 attack, hacking each other to death at the same time)

I hope these comparisons make sence, but I havent experienced many fighting games like this

paxx

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2002, 03:29:38 am »
It is much closer to Diablo?this is not a fighting game, and is not a first person shooter type?so we don?t want people with faster connections and faster computers to have an unfair advantage.

While you might see this as boring, we are including some choices to allow the player more interactivity if they choose then Diablo?you have various attack modes (more might be added) so you can choose to go the Diablo rout, or you can choose to change things around.

But in general it is Diablo style.

You will have aggression levels?and that will pretty much dictate attack ferocity as well as damage done?at a loss of defense.

The speeds of attacks depends on skill and weapon choice?daggers and fists will be much faster then 2 handed swords?but in reality it is just ?attack till he is dead? type of combat?not combo 13 attack, combo 14 attack, combo 2 attack.

It will not be make a move and wait for all the players to move either?but Diablo style is the closest thing.

That being said?.Combat will not be the main focus of the game?there will be plenty of other things to do, but we want combat to be pleasant. Though I agree after just killing over and over combat becomes boring.

-Paxx
-Paxx