Author Topic: PlaneShift Modding Community  (Read 5074 times)

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2005, 04:42:22 pm »
Icefalcon: The cursors are pictures, so there\'s no thumbnails needed.  As for the other mods, I just added picture links to all of my mods, and we\'ll make sure to add links to sample pictures in the future.  I\'ll try to get the others to add picture links to their mods as well.

:emerald:

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
asdf
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2005, 12:25:23 am »
...call the priest, we\'ve got a thread resurrection...

When ps-mc has news we\'re going start posting it here.  Since we\'ve had 2 updates recently I\'m going to post them both.  See the site for any previous news as well as download details.

Zayek\'s Halberd - Saturday, May 21, 2005
This mod, from our very own Zayek/Demarthl, replaces the traditional broadsword with a deadly halberd! Beware, this weapon is not for those without skill, it is no mere beast-whacker. All I will say is, don\'t go running to zayek if you balance it in a corner of your room and in the night it falls over, cleaving you in twain. (click thumbnails to see full size)

halberd picture 1
halberd picture 2
download
posted by joseph

Zeraph\'s Bamboo Fishing Pole - Thursday, May 12, 2005
I just can\'t wait for fishing to be implemented so I decided to model a bamboo fishing pole. This mod comes complete with instructions on how to transform any weapon into a fishing pole, but you can install it quickly & it will replace all claymore. I can\'t wait until we will have a pond that we can sit & relax with a fishing pole, chatting with friends. But until then this will have to do. Thanks to Drey for helping beta-test it:

http://zeraph.ps-mc.com/Fishing/Fishing.jpg
download
posted by Zeraph

Edit: smack, I thought this thread was in fan art.  Moogz?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 02:07:56 am by ArcaneFalcon »

John_Thazer

• Hydlaa Notable
  • From the ivory tower, I gaze upon thee
    • View Profile
    • Chaotic Warriors
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2005, 04:17:28 pm »
That is truly good! I like it all! The halibard, the fishing rod the spell effect the selection effect and the that GUI!! Great job!

You can try, but you shall fail! Seek us not, we shall find you.

ArcaneFalcon

• Hydlaa Notable
  • ?
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 04:38:24 pm »
Magician\'s Stave Mesh - Friday, May 27, 2005
This mod is a magician\'s stave that replaces the claymore. The light-blue ball rotates and even sparkles a bit.

http://www.ps-mc.com/arcane/mods/stave01.jpg
download
posted by ArcaneFalcon

:emerald:

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2005, 07:47:11 pm »
Call to Modders! (and some other people too)

If you have previously submitted a mod to PS-MC.com, it is gone! We switched to Mambo open source CMS because of security issues with PHP-Nuke and all the old mods that work with the new client need to be resubmitted. Make an account and pay a visit to the Mod Repository at http://ps-mc.com/index.php?option=com_remository . Once you\'ve done that you should see a \"submit download\" link which you can use to add your mod to our moderation queue. If it makes the cut (and most do!) you\'ll see it in it\'s appropriate category in a week or two.

Now, regarding the \"other people too\".

If you know how to tell a good tutorial from a bad one, you can help us by searching out tutorials that you think would be useful to someone creating mods for planeshift or looking for tips before applying to the development team. When you find one, log in. Then look under your \"User Menu\" for \"Submit Weblink\" and fill out the form.

If you are cool enough to be one of those people that writes tutorials, try writing one that would be useful to modders. Examples include, setting up a test server using mingw on windows, painting a texture for a 3d mesh, modelling some simple thing in blender, editing gui definitions (psroot/data/gui/ stuff), and I could keep going and going...

If you have submitted mods in the past but they no longer work with the official client, we would be much obliged if you could take a moment or ten to update them. This applies mainly to spell effects and target markers, since the format has changed since many of them were released.

If you want to help but don\'t know what to do, just drop by #ps-mc on irc.freenode.net and we\'ll find something.

In fact, \'twould be nice if more people came to #ps-mc on freenode for whatever reason ;)

Wow... that was long winded.

Edit: I forgot something!
The links for downloads posted above by ArcaneFalcon no longer function since they point to the old php-nuke installation.

Edit2: Argh... looks like there are still some kinks to be ironed out. As of now it seems that regular users cannot submit downloads or news... if you have something you wish to submit you will have to email it to me at my forum username @gmail.com (Why can\'t anyone just make a cms that works >:| )

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2005, 08:10:39 pm »
i got plenty of models to submit, ie every damn one ive made, i just need to learn to convert them ^^

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2006, 08:52:57 pm »
Wow, it\'s been a while... o.o

Anyhow, PS-MC has changed once again, and this time we\'re going to try our very hardest to have a steady stream of content ;]

Stuff you may have missed:

Thrydwulf\'s Conversion Guide (from the Crimson Order, we just host the images)

Nikodemus\' GUI mod

and a link to a blender tutorial I found about Making a Spiral Staircase

All this and a little bit more at PS-MC.com!

Oh, and don\'t forget about our forums...

cheers \\o

josePhoenix
Sir John Falstaff: "Let the skie raine Potatoes: let it thunder, to the tune of Greenesleeues"

Fish

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2006, 10:26:14 pm »
It is a shame that you have the default style on the forum.
Try a different style on the forum to zip it up
Style Demo  << try them out
Download them  << Plenty of choices.

Or you can mode it easily.
Just look fore the directory with the art and change it.
Doing things just for the halibut.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2006, 11:54:58 pm »
There is a beautiful PlaneShift theme as the default when you log in.
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2006, 06:29:05 am »
I hope you\'re not talking about the Green/Brown slimey one...
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2006, 06:41:43 am »

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 06:51:32 am »
Oooooh.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

josephoenix

• IRC Op
  • Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2006, 03:49:38 pm »
Hahah, Karyuu to the rescue ;]

I was going to post that last night, but when I came back to my computer the window was still open with it :\\ I fell asleep on the keyboard.

Just to make it clear, those are not the official PS forums, nor are they connected in any way to these forums. You still must register an account ;]

I\'m trawling for blender tutorials at the moment, so keep an eye on the main site, I might have a few to link to.

josePhoenix

Fish

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2006, 09:01:19 pm »
Karyuu,

Yes that is a nice style.  However, it\'s not the default one.  If you go to form General Admin and click Override User style and replace the default from Subsilver to the modified style.  Then the guest will get the nice artwork as well.  

Another thing to do is to delete subSilver altogether.  You may want to make yet another style available that isn\'t brown due to the fact some monitors have real trouble with it (ie I saw this on my mother\'s monitor which isn\'t that great and could barely read the form).  

Just trying to help a little.
Doing things just for the halibut.

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2006, 09:35:02 pm »
Woops, thanks for the correction Fish :) I must\'ve set it as my own default long ago and forgotten. It should definitely be the first viewers see though - the other themes don\'t compare.