Author Topic: Free Laptop!  (Read 458 times)

Mezasa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • tefrik.net
Free Laptop!
« on: February 16, 2005, 11:10:53 pm »
Well, this is off topic, so I\'m pretty sure I can post this here.  If not, one of the mods could kindly take it down.   :D

Yup, you can get a free laptop.  You basically sign up, then refer 18 people to sign up, get your laptop!  You must have a credit card, therfore be 18+.  You sign up, then complete one offer.  eFax is the best, IMO, because it\'s completely free!  You sign up, get credit for it, cancel it, then your never charged.  :)  I made a quick site for this:

A Little Guide/Line

If you just want to sign up, you can click here .

If you go through the guide link, and follow the instructions, I will add you to the line.  The line is completely optional, but it really can\'t hurt, can it?

P.S.
If this is not allowed, I completely understand and you can take it down.  I will say that this site is NOT a scam though, and my friend has gotten a laptop from them already.  He got the Averatec 3GHz one, which I am also getting.  

Thank you!
X2 3800+ (2.5GHz) | eVGA 7900GT (500/1500) | 2GB XMS (210MHz)
Audigy2 ZS | A8N SLI Premium | 250GB SATAII | TT Tsunami

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2005, 11:51:57 pm »
get one for me :)

DepthBlade

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 01:41:39 am »
haha yes i like how its all good and free but they still need credit card ^^ Oh yes I am sure it is to check if they are 18, did you know ton of people not 18 have credit cards or their parents or stolen ^^
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 01:42:15 am by DepthBlade »

ramlambmoo

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2005, 08:42:34 am »
*cough*pyramidscheme *cough*

Yes, im sure you can.  I shall be back in 20 mintues once i have checked out this site and confirmed my suspicion that this is what i think it is.

ramlambmoo

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2005, 08:57:32 am »
Lets check their terms and conditions, shall we?

1. Eligibility to receive a free gift.

(a). A user must do the following to receive a free primary gift from notebooks4free.com .

i. A user must complete 1 offer. This includes verification from our offer providers.

ii. Refer at least 18 unique people who sign up and properly complete 1 offer under the terms
listed above.

Ok so its not exactly free... you have to sign up for one other offer.  Not as good as free, but thats ok.

However

2. Failure to receive credit for an offer

(a). OfferCentric LLC does not guarantee that a user will receive credit for completing an offer. Whether a user receives credit for completing an offer is at the sole discretion of the affiliate providing the offer.

They can decide whether or not they think you have actually completed that offer. And

We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to determine which referrals are fraudulent, and to not disclose the reasoning behind this decision.

They dont even have to tell you why they didnt accept that you did that offer.

So you have to sign up for a not so free offer, which they can deny you even did as much as they want, and not tell you why.  Ok, not as good as it would seem eh? Theres more.

2. Receipt of Free Gifts

(a). This web site does not guarantee the receipt of any product regardless of offers completed or referrals. All users are subject to fraud verification before receiving any gifts.

Assuming they accept that you have completed the offer, they are not under any obligation to actually give you your laptop.  And even if they did want to give you your laptop,

5. Availability of Products

(a). We are not responsible for the availability of a product, A product may be from time to time backordered, In this case, We do not guarantee
delivery in a timely matter.  

They\'re not responsible for it actually being in stock or being delivered.  Further more,

1. Common reasons for account disqualification:
(g). Any other reason (\'s) at the sole discretion of OfferCentric LLC.

They can disquallify your account at anytime.  Also

2. Additional Terms of account disqualification:

(a). We reserve the right to disqualify a user\'s account at any time.

(b). We are not responsible for notifying a user that his or her account has been disqualified.

(c). If an account is disqualified for any reason, All orders will be cancelled.

They can cencel at any time, for any reason, not tell you about it and you get nothing.

So lets re-cap shall we, on this great offer.  It is not free, because you have to sign up for additional offers, and get other people to do this as well.  once you do this they are under no obligation to recognise that you have done this.  Even if you do this and they recognise they are under no obligation to send you a gift, and if they do they dont have to worry about it being in stock or getting there.  And, to top it all off, they can cancel your account at any time for any reason they wish, without telling you and without having to compensate you.  What a great offer!  Im signing up now :)

On a more serious note, do you think people will ever stop coming up with them scams?  I cant believe people actually signup for these--- or is this just because im a paraniod freak who always reads the Terms and coniditons of everything before i signup?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2005, 09:01:33 am by ramlambmoo »

mikewsnc

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2005, 09:18:30 am »
being a paranoid freak is a good thing.....and yes there will allways be people coming up with these scams as long as theres people falling for these scams. and we all know this world is at no short fall of gulable people.
Only sacrifice will bring true reward.

Mezasa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • tefrik.net
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2005, 10:59:58 am »
Um, my friend has already got his laptop from them.  Many other people all over the net have also gotten them.  Just search.   :rolleyes:

Just because you think it\'s a scam doesn\'t mean it\'s fake.  The offer I did was eFax, because you sign up for the trial, then you can cancel after you\'ve been given credit.  You should do your homework before calling something a scam.  The OfferCentric people do not even need your CC#, the offers you complete for the companys do!  It\'s fine if you think it\'s a scam, but when I have my brand new Averatec laptop, for NO MONEY, and little effort, I will laugh in your face.

Tenche

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2005, 11:22:21 am »
yes it does this crap is so stuped i hate it i tryed it everyguy u reffer  they have to sign up with one of the things its so stuped also nice photoshop noob skills mezasa

Mezasa

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • tefrik.net
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2005, 04:47:39 pm »
Originally posted by Tenche
yes it does this crap is so stuped i hate it i tryed it everyguy u reffer  they have to sign up with one of the things its so stuped also nice photoshop noob skills mezasa

First, my PS skills have nothing to do with this.  I like my sig, end of story.  Second, please do not speak of \"noob\".  I guess you just have the sickness.  Oh well, your a lost soul.

Finally, this is not a scam.  It\'s not \"stuped\".  It works.  I have 5 referals already, and working on more.  All in like 2 days.  

Maybe you should try periods some time.  They are really awesome.  One last thing, the first part of your post made absolutely NO sense to me...  Is proper grammar really all that hard?

Ghostslayer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2005, 08:46:51 pm »
I\'m sure it works fine, its no different than the free ipod deals going on a while back.  Only difference is that you need more referals, so the pyramid gets wider, more dead ends and therefore less people get the actual product, and the advertisers get more names.  Only way it works is if you hear about it early.
Blitzers Guild
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2005, 06:44:47 pm »
Same thing was done here with the ipod one a few months back. Crashed and burned. If this actually works out ill join in though.
Lol Internet