Author Topic: GNOMES!!  (Read 972 times)

Icefalcon

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 10:14:08 pm »
In my opinion, we have a good mix of \"classical\" and \"original\" races, and together have more races to choose from than most games (12).

And, some quotes from the countless other threads requesting more races...

Originally posted by: Moogie
The devs have said there will be no further playable races added to the game.

Originally posted by: Gronomist
Anyway, no more races. That\'s been decided already, so this thread is kinda useless. *Close*

Originally posted by: Karyuu
It\'s been said that there will be no more playable races after the 12 listed.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2005, 11:54:08 am »
Gnomes, eh?

If you want to play a look-alike, play a stonebreaker,
If you want to roleplay like a Gnome you should keep with Lemurs, simple and short.

Ah first post.
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

WTF_Shelley

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2005, 03:12:32 pm »
Gold Grubbing midgets unite!!!, I want a gnome too, and a squid-headed god, feathered snake men and bears... bears that shoot lasers out of their eyes that would be friggin cool...... what?
What... is free speech only for the non-stupid!!!

En Sabah Nur

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2005, 03:43:53 pm »
Originally posted by WTF_Shelley
Gold Grubbing midgets unite!!!, I want a gnome too, and a squid-headed god, feathered snake men and bears... bears that shoot lasers out of their eyes that would be friggin cool...... what?

gne? play age of mythology for laser bears dude, but gnomes no thanks ,i would like to see sprites jokers instead and well most races cant seen them but it would be fun that you suddenly realise that your sword have been replaced by a                                              
                                                                                                   ... carrot!
i am not sure if sprite is the correct word but as far as you understand it is ok...about them i guess only some characters that are close from nature and magic could hope seing them playing with us.
but hmm it will of course not be a playable character
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 03:45:19 pm by En Sabah Nur »
-------------------------------------------
sorry for my english...i hope that you understand 8o

Jazeera

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2005, 04:21:07 pm »
And for further rebuttle:

We have Dwarves.

We have Humans.

We have Elves.

We have Enkidukai (ever see the Everquest Vah Shir?)

I could go on aswell..but I think this should suffice.

Sure we also have: Klyros, Diaboli, Ynwwn and Lemur and so on which aren\'t original AFAIK... besides why make it more original than necessary?

Gold Grubbing midgets

A description that fits dwarves so well ;) play them instead...

gne? play age of mythology for laser bears dude, but gnomes no thanks ,i would like to see sprites jokers instead and well most races cant seen them but it would be fun that you suddenly realise that your sword have been replaced by a
... carrot!
i am not sure if sprite is the correct word but as far as you understand it is ok...about them i guess only some characters that are close from nature and magic could hope seing them playing with us.
but hmm it will of course not be a playable character

You probably mean spirit ;)... and I am not sure about this one... kinda lost me after joker ?(
Jazeera Hlaaron

En Sabah Nur

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2005, 05:51:47 pm »
hehe no it is something a bit taller then a fairy and that makes fun as a goblin would...disturbing travellers to have a good laugh but they have no intention to hurt them  , i can\'t find the right word sigh :(
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 05:55:30 pm by En Sabah Nur »

Genko

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2005, 07:26:24 pm »
Bogie? Bogle? Booka? Brownie? Claurichaun? Coblynau? Duergar? Fay? Fenoderee? Genie? Goblin? Gremlin? Hob? Hog-Goblin? Imp? Jack-in-Irons? Kilmoulis? Kobold? Leprechaun? Nisse? Nymph? Pixie? Pooka? Puck? Red-Cap? Selkie? Siren? Sprite? Sylph? Wichtlein? Will-O\'-the-Whisp?

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2005, 07:55:12 pm »
Sounds like a brownie, though that name always makes me think of chocolate cookies. ;)

Genko, where do you pull that huge list from? Haven\'t heard of half of them. 8o

Edit: Yet I have an addition to it. ;) Robin Goodfellow.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 07:59:20 pm by Seytra »

En Sabah Nur

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2005, 08:40:59 pm »
Originally posted by Genko
Bogie? Bogle? Booka? Brownie? Claurichaun? Coblynau? Duergar? Fay? Fenoderee? Genie? Goblin? Gremlin? Hob? Hog-Goblin? Imp? Jack-in-Irons? Kilmoulis? Kobold? Leprechaun? Nisse? Nymph? Pixie? Pooka? Puck? Red-Cap? Selkie? Siren? Sprite? Sylph? Wichtlein? Will-O\'-the-Whisp?

heh it makes me think that i would like to know more irish tales in english language or having a better english knowledge...

maybe one of them and yeah the Brownie one makes me hungry :rolleyes:
lot of ideas to take from the faerie\'s inhabitants

Genko

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 12:03:24 am »
Seytra,

We all know Robin Goodfellow, however delightfully protrayed in Shakespear\'s A Midsummer Night\'s Dream, is just another name for Puck.

Now Urusk is usually portrayed of similar stature and roguishness however is a different entity.

;)

Edit: I compiled the list myself.. Took a whole few minutes alphabetizing it too. hehe
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 12:04:52 am by Genko »