Author Topic: [ORGANIZATION]The Dark Empire: Promotional Thread  (Read 62539 times)

Caraick

• Veteran
  • I liked PS before it was cool.
    • View Profile
Re: [ORGANIZATION]The Dark Empire: Promotional Thread
« Reply #570 on: August 29, 2010, 03:09:30 pm »

But to stay on topic:
Everyone gather around. Sangwa will now sing the new Dark Empire anthem.

;D ;D
Hey look kids, it's the antichrist Marsuveus!
What? Doesn't he just look huggable? Aw, c'mon, give him a hug.

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2010, 07:07:41 am »
Eolas: it's perfect to see you around. Good thing you're not mad about 'the fit.' I'd rephrase your account of the happenings, though: father seems too heavy for a handsome youth such as me.
We have plenty of books backed up OOC, at the Scholar's forums. About the website, I was thinking of using it exactly for that purpose and to keep some descriptions about the Empire. (Still need Parallo's/Roberet's confirmation though). I'll try to see if I can edit the site, if not I'll certainly contact Xordan for help. Wouldn't be the first time.

I've been thinking long about the Empire's leadership and all that. I'm not the best person to lead the Empire, basically because I take leadership too seriously and sometimes forfeit roleplay and fun for the sake of structural perfection.
So I believe it's better for me to be a sort of creativity advisor (conjure plots, criticize) and system manager (take care of site, Promotional Thread, etc.) since I've been around whenever an Imperial has asked me to help with those types of things. The reason why I'm around is because Parallo summoned me.

The OOC aspect of DE was its downfall, at least as far as I'm concerned. There was a resistance to change and a lack of dependence on IC situations that disrupted the organization. And that was mostly my fault: Rinenud politely pointed that out to me.
So most of us agreed that the DE doesn't need forums any more, or a bossy Sangwa.

Leadership will depend on IC situations. Currently Parallo and Roberet have Morwen Greenmoon (current heir) under their control and as such they rule over the Empire. I've tried to lie still and just let things happen, but I currently have the time to influence how fast and good the Empire grows and so I've been working towards the quickest, most fun route (since I'm also playing).
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 31, 2010, 02:47:20 am »
I mean Kada... the player Kada El stopped playing ages ago, dunno why though. :'(
I believe that the key to solving this mistery is the fact Kada was the mistress of nearly all oldbies back then.

My guess is that somewhere during or after the Cabal war, Seperot decided that he wanted an army of oldbies under his control (which would be only natural considering his "army of dragons" thing). Now to achieve this, he first needed to somehow get Kada under his bidding. He created a secret committee, the sole purpose of which was to find out as much about Kada as possible.

And so it happened.

One beautiful day he approached Kada and said: "From this day on your doing my biding. You're oldbies are going to do eveyrthing I tell you their gonig to do."

Obviously, Kada was shocked. And not even by Seperot's bizarre spelling, to which everyone were used to anyway.

But after Seperot's subsequent words, Kada was confused no more...
"...or I'll tell everynoe your realy a big hairy guy."

Kada was shattered. What should he do? Have his unblemished reputation ruined? Or give this unstable maniac the power for which he yearned so much? After much deliberation, he decided only one right thing could be done in such situation...
He disappeared.

That's my theory anyway, and I think everyone will agree it is a very plausible one.

But to stay on topic:
Everyone gather around. Sangwa will now sing the new Dark Empire anthem.

lol, so Kada was actually a man...? well it would be more embarrassing if he waxed...  :P
You maybe roleplaying but you could still be OOC.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 31, 2010, 03:20:18 am »
Many
Men
Role-
Playing
Girls

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 31, 2010, 06:11:45 am »
Many
Men
Role-
Playing
Girls

True why would someone want to stare at a guys but all day while playing planeshift...
And also people speak far more nicer to girls than to guys... dunno why.

LigH

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 31, 2010, 07:55:21 am »
Biology. The vocabulary of the cerebellum is small (mainly variants of "species conservation"), but its voice too loud to ignore.

Gag Harmond
Knight and Ambassador
The Royal House of Purrty

Roled

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 31, 2010, 12:26:41 pm »
LigH ,you rock!

"Make every word tell." Strunk & White- The Elements of Style
"RR is a PieSexual" ~ Monala

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 01, 2010, 03:56:23 am »
And also people speak far more nicer to girls than to guys... dunno why.
I believe that the key to solving this mistery is the fact that unlike what we like to believe, our social structures are still very primitive.

These things are too complicated to write out in a single post, so long story short:

Guys with low self-esteem tend to insult (especially on the internets, where they're safe) other guys in a desperate attempt to climb the social ladder (they fail obviously, otherwise they wouldn't be all the way down).
Those same guys with low self-esteem go out of their way to be nice to girls, because they desperately want to be liked, but fail to achieve this via their personality alone. Sucking-up seems like the only way to go for them.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 04:00:37 am by Draklar »
AKA Skald

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 01, 2010, 07:06:20 am »
Stop hijacking the thread. Your puny attempts to defy the Empire slide down our impervious carapace of indifference.

Anyway. We've edited the Promotional Thread for now. It might be pretty temporary though, since Parallo hasn't been around to correctly oversee the running of these things.

Hope you enjoy the read.
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 01, 2010, 08:00:26 am »
Your wish is my command, princess.
AKA Skald

Geoni

• Veteran
  • -
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 01, 2010, 07:13:18 pm »
Don't feed the royalty.

Oh, and lol @ LigH's comment, it's in my sig now.  :lol:

-sig by sarras

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: September 02, 2010, 04:28:55 pm »
Your wish is my command, princess.

If I had known I'd had made Morwen a dude.

And you all need to feed the royalty, because you're actually what we eat. *evil laughter*

Please comment on the new Promotional Thread.

Join the Dark Empire!

Draklar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 02, 2010, 05:03:37 pm »
And you all need to feed the royalty, because you're actually what we eat. *evil laughter*
I thought you feed the royalty with cake?

As to the promo, did Aelya change from Brimstone to Sulphur?
Overall all basic info in place, neat, blah blah. It's okay.
AKA Skald

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 02, 2010, 05:30:54 pm »
Yeah, it's not amazing... But it'll do for now.

Thanks for correcting me on the name.

Join the Dark Empire!

Vakachehk

• Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 04, 2010, 09:49:39 pm »
I am lost, this is soooo  :offtopic: at the moment lol!