Author Topic: you don't see a good place to dig.  (Read 1159 times)

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
you don't see a good place to dig.
« on: March 05, 2005, 03:37:40 am »
Alright.

So I have the sharpened pick ax, have maximized my mining skills and I have spent now 5 hours (real time) covering every single bit of ground around the house of Levarus Darenn. Taking one step at a time and using the short cut I created earlier today. step, click, step, click, step click.

And for each click I get:

\"You don\'t see a good place to dig.\"

I need to get gold for Levarus and Harnquist.

What am I doing wrong?

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 08:19:45 pm »
Please answer this for me, ok? I spent another wasted real time hour trying to get gold - mining even where other\'s mine - and all I get is that stupid \"you don\'t see a good place to dig\"

Please help me out here. X(

Thanx
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 08:49:39 pm by Azerelus »

Scots Saseg

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 04:02:25 am »
you need to find where to dig if your looking for gold you need to be in the magic shop area. there are certain parts there you can dig at and bits you cant.run around the walls and type /dig gold if you rmining bar in stats is green you should find gold eventually :)

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 11:30:47 am »
Actually I was in the right spot. The funny thing is that when I had asked \"how do I dig?\" somebody told me

/dig

He went on to say that resource is whatever I\'m digging.

So I set up the short cut key as /dig

Now why (you may be asking) did I include the < and >? Because with everything else I have learned with computer, say HTML code, you include all of those nifty arrows and stuff.

Of course this may be clarified on the Players Guide, but to be honest every time I attempt to go there I get the \"page can not be displayed\" message. I have managed to read about half of the guide. I have yet to get to the mining part. There is a mining part, right? :D

For anyone else who needs to know, the code is:

/dig gold
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 11:31:39 am by Azerelus »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 12:37:38 pm »
Things in are telling you that the words within vary, but are pointing out the words in which you must change.

If he told you originally, \"/dig for resource\", you probably would\'ve actually typed \"/dig for resource\". :)

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 05:39:45 pm »
Hm. Yes but since we were standing right there at the gold \"mine\" and I had asked how do I dig for gold, he could have just said:

\"Type in /dig gold\"

;)

I\'m actually curious why the God\'s decided that one has to type in /dig anyway. I suppose there is a good reason to specify what one is looking for, but it would maybe be a little more interesting to type in /dig and then what ever is there you get.

I could see something like:

/dig
You start digging
You found Rusty Pick Axe Head
/dig
You start Digging
You found Old Boot
/dig
You start digging
You were not successful
/dig
You start digging
/you found Gold Ore

Or in places where different materials could be found one finds either or both/all kinds of things.

Then you are presented with say iron and gold and (assuming iron is worth less than gold) you need to pick and chose if you really want to keep that iron in your sake, or drop it for some lucky player to pick up who is looking for iron.

Maybe even throw in some rare finds like a Diamond or Ruby ? something that you have a very, very low chance of finding but is worth more than ore or can be used in something else.