Author Topic: A mobs health...  (Read 678 times)

Tonlee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
A mobs health...
« on: March 07, 2005, 08:33:05 am »
Is there anyway I can see a mobs remaining health? I seem to be getting killed by rats but surviving a long long battle with gobbles {but running away finally}(SP?) but I would love to see how much hp the mobs have. Anyone know and help a noob out. Thank you in advance!

Tonlee

Merdarion

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:25:03 am »
If you select the mob, there is a small violet bar in the lower left corner of the screen (below the attack stances)
I want to be a flame, to crumble to ash, but never ever burnt.

I want to rise higher, rise up to the heavens, but sink, just sink down deeper and deeper into nothing,

I want to be an angel, a chosen, a devil, but I am just a creature that ever wants what it wont get.

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 08:17:38 pm »
Well the information panel might be closed.

You should have a row of buttons at the top of the screen. If you hover your cursor over them one will say Information (I believe its the picture of the person with a bar of red, bar of blue and bar of green.

That should open up another panel which will have your HP, MANA (red and blue bars)

Now it is possible you need to move that information panel up, especially if you are using windowed instead of full screen.

mob (or monster) Hp is near the bottom, violet/pinkish/purple color. It only shows the health of the critter you have selected.

It will also show the HP of any player you click on too ;)

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 10:12:12 pm »
\"100%\" is hardly a useful value, you know. What does that tell you at all about how much HP they have?

Tonlee: Some monsters are stronger than their peers- you just have to find the weaker rats and you will be able to kill them far easier. Since you can\'t see HP values of monsters, it\'s trial and error.

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 05:49:30 pm »
BTW not all monsters have just 100% HP. In the sewer the Rouge has 444 (something like that). I\'ve seen other monsters in my explorations which have 500% and 400%. There are a few clues but enough guess to keep it interesting ;)

Tonlee

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 10:37:05 pm »
Thanks I moved around the windows a bit and found it. : ) Now I keep crashing every ten minutes: (  or when I group... Heres hoping I don\'t meet a 500% hp mob and go LD.
Thanks again!
                                                       Tonlee

Azerelus

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 03:28:14 pm »
Silly me. As for being killed, you are aware that there are different styles of fighting, like bloody, normal, defensive, full defensive?

The buttons are located on the information panel.

Some monsters, like your robust rat, are stronger and know how to fight better than say some of the gobbles and the regular one eyed rat.

I have gotten in the habit of left clicking on the mob  and then picking Defensive attack, you are attacking but defending. It buys you a little more time than just right clicking and selecting the swords (which is normal attack) to decide if your selected creature is worth the effort to fight.

You can switch modes of fight: Example, start out with a defensive attack, until the creature you are fighting is down to 20%, switch to bloody to finish it off quickly, OR start off normal and switch to full defensive to regain a few HP while still in battle with out stopping the battle.

The down side to the last is that monsters regenerate faster than you.

That may help you out with the death scene. I died several times until I figured it out myself. ;)