Author Topic: two things...  (Read 1120 times)

starrwatcherr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
two things...
« on: March 07, 2005, 03:36:48 pm »
On setting up planeshift on OS X...

first off, great instructions ChaOs...even slow ones like me are keeping up. :) i am having a problem though, when i get to the \"chmod 755 psclient\" part it says that no such file or directory exists...so i\'m stumped...

also, on the updater, it put a \"repository.zip\" into the main Planeshift folder but won\'t let me unzip it....

and after completing the instructions it won\'t even open the program at all...

just have a feeling i\'m missing something here.

many thanks,
starr
« Last Edit: March 07, 2005, 03:47:47 pm by starrwatcherr »

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 09:29:40 pm »
My guess is that the normal updater provided with PS isn\'t working. Try using my updater and see if the results are any different. Also, when you chmod psclient, make sure that the path to the left of where you\'re typing the command is the path to your MacOS folder inside psclient.app/Contents.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

starrwatcherr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 10:19:59 pm »
hey ChaOs,

I used your updater cuz the one that came with it didn\'t work at all....and i did check the location and it seems to have been where it should have. i might just try a fresh run at your instructions....any idea why the file wouldn\'t exist?

many thanks

Cha0s

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 11:47:03 pm »
Make sure that you cded into psclient.app/Contents/MacOS and not updater.app/Contents/MacOS. Also, take a look in your psclient.app/Contents/MacOS folder and see if the file \"psclient\" exists. If not, then run my updater again. If so, double-check your terminal command and path.
Cha0s
Mac OS X Forum Moderator
In-Game Roleplay Forum Moderator
Please search and skim existing threads before posting!

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 01:18:39 pm »
In any case, of course, it won\'t work until there is a new version of the client available, and hopefully by then I\'ll have a \"complete package\" which doesn\'t need so much mucking about!
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

starrwatcherr

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 02:00:39 pm »
less mucking sounds good. :)  

i\'ve tried it all again without luck, so i\'ll just have to wait for the next package. thanks again for your help.