Author Topic: A request for dfryer or another WTB/dev member that has a Mac  (Read 889 times)

Blorx

• Traveller
    • View Profile
I need help configuring Cal3D on my Mac so that I an move on and get CrystalSpace and CEL. If you have an account for any sort of Instant Messenger it would help a little more...Thank you,

Blorx

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 07:41:00 pm »
Sorry, I\'m only rarely available on any IM, although I\'m sometimes on IRC.

Cal3d configuration is a pain since it needs a newish version of autoconf.  One thing you *could* try is checking out an old version, configuring, and then updating and building without configure.  This isn\'t garuanteed to work, but it\'s roughly analogous to what I\'ve done.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Blorx

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2005, 08:06:55 pm »
Know where I could get a \"newish\" version of autoconf? I got Cal3D through the CVS Terminal command...

dfryer

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 01:48:22 pm »
Best bet would be Fink, but even that might not be new enough... I vaguely remember doing something strange, but for the most part I rely on an existing configuration file.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Blorx

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 06:56:45 am »
Good news, I have autoconf...but I\'m going to get some experience with online games and help with The Mana World before I help out here. Remember, it\'s just for experience
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 06:40:50 pm by Blorx »

JeroMiya

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2005, 01:20:17 pm »
I had to remove the checks for libtoolize in the autogen.sh script. I used the fink autoconf/aclocal/libtoolize/etc.. tools and they work fine. The script just doesn\'t recognize the version for some reason (fink\'s is 1.5.something and the script checks for 1.4*|1.5* but it still doesn\'t recognize it). Everything works fine after that.