Author Topic: Folding@home  (Read 249 times)

Kwip

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Folding@home
« on: March 25, 2005, 10:12:42 pm »
Folding@home is a project aimed at studying proteins in order to help cure protein related diseases.  It distributes data to different computers who compute it during excess time.  It is similiar to SETI@home.  The website is http://folding.stanford.edu/

If you deside to download the client to help the project you can also choose to join a team.  I am starting a PlaneShift team, so if anyone wants to join put 43512 in the team field, located in the config menu.
Lurking in that space between -             \The\____
 trying to see what is off both ends -        -----\Mad\_____
  but the confusion and chaos looks so fun -     ------\Bard\
   that I must now jump down twixt them both and dance the dance

Learch

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Absolutely!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 11:28:28 pm »
If you don\'t already have it, you gotta.

The potential upsides are more effective medication, cures for cancer, schizophrenia, fibromyalgia, etc, etc.
Do it for your fellow-humans!

... Folding@home has more near-term usefulness than SETI@home, too (oo, don\'t flame me for that one :) )
<This space intentionally left blank>

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:23:33 pm »
Joined it and the ps team. I hope my computor can make a difference in the world. Eighther way, it sure makes me feel better after watching those raccons.
Lol Internet

faldrok

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 03:10:47 am »
Yeah, I joined it too. Each computer helps and since I am on it a lot, I figured I could chip in. I know some people with Alzheimer\'s (spelling?) and Parkinson\'s disease. Some people have even told me that I have a high chance of getting Alzheimer\'s with the way my brain is or some shit. So, maybe this will help me in the future, and those that will suffer from it sooner than that.

NOTE: I also joined the PlaneShift team.