Author Topic: Lighting bug  (Read 443 times)

Lyrah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Lighting bug
« on: April 05, 2005, 10:41:52 pm »
In my client log, I noticed that NONE of the lighting is working right.  It is a mild annoyance, except for the fact that the sewers are almost as dark as EQ\'s night was for humans \"back in the day\" (in other words, some people are not seeing other players).

I am not sure if you are aware of this error, but if you aren\'t I would like to know what email address I can post the rather LONG long to (rather than flood the forums).

WizardsRule

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 06:31:53 pm »
try updating/re-installing

The evils of past repeat themselves in many shapes and forms

Lyrah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 08:31:10 pm »
my instal is less than three days old, I hit update four times, first time it patched (I heard in game there was one, so...first patch came as no surprise), second time and so on no patch.

I will take this as beta bug and get over it. I have been hollared at enough, that either I will get used to less than half perfect or leave.

I will NOT post another bug report...my reports are not deemed valid or worthy, yall know what is broken, what is working, what is half working and what works only part of the time. You don\'t need me...clearly the older testers have it ALL under control.

Socrates Demise

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 09:01:27 pm »
Lyrah

If you are looking to report bugs you can be most helpful by posting them in the bug tracker... If you have a solution for a but you can post it bothe on the bug tracker and on the forum if it is something the average user can do to fix the problem.

Lyrah

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2005, 10:29:35 pm »
I think another issue that my system is having (win xp/updater not updating itself) MIGHT be linked to this. I use the bug forum as a sounding ground to try and figure out what the bug is and if it is related to another bug.

the \"offical\" bug report I tend to not relate what I see as \"unrelated\" or \"superfluous\", and find others tend to do that too, to the point of not including NEEDED information.

I am sorry if this upsets you, but it is something I need to do and have found helps me and others \"think it through\" or \"think out loud\".

Platyna

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2005, 05:24:57 am »
See here: http://planeshift.oodlz.com/bugtracker/index.php
You may freely browse informations in there, you may post comments.
Explain, why do you think it is related to updater bug? Do you think some
of the files are missing? Then you should take a look in your  psclient.txt
file if it exists put it on some site for the developers to review.

Regards.
Zuzanna K. Filutowska
RPG Players Community || Platyna\'s Planeshift Warehouse
\"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.\" -- Edward Burke