Author Topic: Kran can cook. A Planeshift cookbook.  (Read 1515 times)

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
Kran can cook. A Planeshift cookbook.
« on: April 07, 2005, 12:52:21 am »
Hello. My Name is Jakkar. Some of you may know me from \'Chain of Souls\' and \'Chain of Souls: Soul\'s Mirror\'. If you do, then you know that I have a great love for cooking foods of all sorts for good friends.

I grew up eating dirt and seaweed as all Kran younglings do, but I found it not all that tasty. In fact, I found it repulsive. The worms were the worst. Then, one day I met a nice Dwarf sitting on a log on the way to town. He was pulling small, skinny, red and green pods one after the other from a jar of vinegar, then popping them in his mouth. At first, I thought he was sad, for he had tears running down his cheeks into his thick beard, so I asked him what was causing his sadness.

To my surprise, he just looked at me and grinned, bits of red pod in his teeth.

\"Nothin wrong, my boy. Just enjoying the day,\" he said, then promptly popped another pod in his mouth, releasing a fresh flow of tears.

I could not understand it. It seem as if the pods were causing him pain. Yet there he was, popping and munching as if there was no place he would rather be. I could not take my eyes from the jar.

\"What are those?\"

As an answer, he held out the jar, a giant grin on his face. I took one by its stem. I didn\'t think it would bother me, being that Kran can eat stone, but as I placed it in my mouth, I nearly spit it back out. Now I know why the Dwarf was crying. The little pod was salty and sour and tasted like liquid fire as the juices flowed from the crushed pod. It burned like anything...but it was the best thing I had ever tasted. I marveled at the way the flavors blended, each complimenting the others.

\"Like another?\" the Dwarf asked me.

\"Yes please,\" I replied, blinking through my own watering eyes.

The Dwarf laughed, handing me the jar. \"Keep it. I\'ve got plenty more at home. If you like that, then you should try the misses Dwarven Spice Wings. Hot\'nough to put hair on even a Kran\'s chest. I\'ll have her make a batch if you\'re hungry and foolish,\" he said with a wink.

I took the Dwarf up on his offer, and was not disappointed. After that day, I swore to never eat dirt again. (besides the occasional cinnamon mud pie) The world was full of new foods to eat, new recipes to find. More than one person could ever acquire. That day, I found my calling. I was to become the first Master Chef of my kind. In honor of that day...I give you the first recipe I ever learned:

Dwarven Spice Wings (easy version)

Ingredients:

1 dozen poultry wings, cut into drumlets (you may substitute strips of breast meat if you like)

? cup Dwarven firepod sauce. (RL=Louisiana hot sauce)

? cup good Demorian butter, melted. (RL=NEVER USE MARGERIAN! YUCK!)

? cup saya fruit pulp. (RL=tomato sauce)

Garlic powder, onion powder, firepod powder, salt, pepper to taste. (sorry, can\'t think of PS equivalent  right now)

Oil for frying.

mixing bowl

jar with lid (RL=plastic container/tight fitting lid, very important)

~Place enough oil in your cookpot to cover drumlets.(RL=deep fat fryer works best, or cast iron if you have it) Heat the oil as you mix all the rest of the ingredients together in the mixing bowl. Once the oil is hot (350 deg.), place half the drumlets in at a time, cooking them for around 11 to 13 minutes. Then drain thoroughly and place in the jar. Add half the sauce, cover and toss until drumlets are coated. Serve hot. Repeat for the other half. Enjoy!

[ooc]Ok folks, this is where you come in. Please add your own recipies, drinks, whatever. They don\'t have to be real, but if they are please include a RL equivalent so we can try them.

The rules are:
1. Nothing nasty like Race body parts, entrails *edit* or teff droppings.
2. Try to think of a PS name for ingredients if you can.
3. Stick to the Race descriptions for ethnic recipes.
4. Give a short IC story of where you found the recipe...old family recipe...got it off a rat...Glyph gone wrong...etc..
5. No spamming (or spam)
6. Have fun!

I will add more as I have time. Next up...Beast with sour cream and mushroom sauce. My personal favorite. Mmmmmm, tasty.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:17:51 am by Under the moon »

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2005, 09:14:50 pm »
Hello, my name is Taser Rander

Once i got tired of having fish everyday, as most enki ate, but i wanted something with fish in it as a new dish

well i gathered the ingredients:

1 cup or more of prepared Saya Fruit sauce (spaghetti sauce)
DIabloian Wheat strands (1 package Spagghetti)
1/4 pounds of pink ptresaur larvae (1/4- 1/2 pund of cooked shrimp)

1 clove of Stinging roots (1 teaspoon garlic)

1/2 cup Dermorian butter (butter)
salt and pepper for flavor

Melt butter and stir in garlic.
cook spagghetti and add in shrimp
boil for one mionute, pur half of butter mixture into spagghetti and half into sauce

pour sauce over the spagghetti and shrimp and enjoy!!!!

= <3

DeviantArt

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 11:58:10 am »
Kran can\'t cook, they can\'t eat.
love

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2005, 06:16:36 pm »
Now good sir, what ever gave you that odd idea? A Kran not eating? That is the strangest thing I have heard in a while. Even if it were true -which I assure you it isn\'t- that would not stop us from cooking.

I happen to know a very good saddle maker who is terrified to fly. She will never use one of her own saddles, because of that fear, but that does not stop her from making them for others.

Here, have a cheese stuffed, fire roasted mushroom and tell me I can\'t cook again. :]

steuben

• Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 12:39:08 pm »
here\'s one that everybody seems to have enjoyed.

1 14 oz jar of orange cave slime (processed cheese spread)
1 14 oz jar of stewwed fire fruit (salsa, chunky is best)

mix until smooth. serve with (tortila chips). this makes a fair bit so you may want to reduce proportions. you can set it for whatever heat level you want.
may laanx frighten the shadow from my path.
hardly because the shadow built the lexx.
the shadow will frighten laanx from my path.

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 01:34:45 pm »
Ah you cant forget the classic

1 glob of tesfung poop (1 tbs penut butter)
1/2 a naja fruit (1/2 an apple)

Stick the poo on the naja and enjoy! :)
Lol Internet

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 06:46:11 am »
I hate to be a party pooper, but I was not aware that Krans had taste buds, let alone tear ducts.

Under the moon

• Forum Addict
  • Writer extraordinaire.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2005, 11:22:32 am »
You also weren\'t aware that they do.  ;)

*edit* This shall be settled in PMs, as I see no recipies in mine or your posts, and therefore does not belong in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 01:13:07 am by Under the moon »

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2005, 03:29:49 am »
Who made you the authority on Krans? No offense, I just don\'t like to see people go out on limbs that may not exist.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2005, 01:59:21 am »
ajdaha
Kran can\'t cook, they can\'t eat.
[/QOUTE]

Main reference for all questionings of the background: http://www.planeshift.it

Nutrition:
Kran metabolism is very complex, they are used to eat sand of various and precious minerals that are digested in their stomach thanks to strong acids. They can also eat food full of mineral salts like seaweed and some crystals created in their kitchen, similar to chemical laboratories.

I hope that this settles this pointless argument.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2005, 02:01:22 am by Cyl »
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

WizardsRule

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 08:51:32 pm »
Man, I\'d hate to taste the aftertaste of seaweed while it slides slowly down your thoat along with every gooey morsal of it.  Gives me the creeps just thinking about it.

The evils of past repeat themselves in many shapes and forms

Azzule

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2005, 05:10:10 pm »
lol seaweed in used in making ice-cream so u already have eaten it....(unless ur alergic to ice-cream though i seriously doupt it)

Necronomium

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Klyros favorite
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 03:07:25 pm »
Im a klyros and i took a liking to pterosaur egg pie, its pretty tasty, but you might some bruices in getting those eggs so for not so strong adventurer i suggest that you should satisfy for crow eggs. Crows arent going to peek you to pieces and give you to their children to feed (of course you arent going to go to a nest that has already hatched pterosaurs, cause then there would hardly be any eggs would there?) and crows make nests to trees rather than cliffs and for klyros and endikidukai it is fairly easy to get those eggs from pterosaurs pretty easily, it might be little harder for krans.

I havent got much of tale about how i found this recipe, else than i climbed to pterosaurs nest and accidently dropped an egg to warm cliff near volcano. That egg cooked to a very pleasant crispy form and althought i had hard time not becoming crispy and tasty my self, i got that baked egg and flew off to enjoy this tasty masterpiece.

But the ingredients for the ultimate and perfect omelette for approximately 4 persons (depends from races mostly) are:
3 pterosaur eggs (crow eggs if you cannot get any pterosaur eggs)
1/2 pepper
1 1/2 liters of any fluid available
1/2 potato or carrot (depends from whom you worship; Talad=carrot Laanx=potato)
and of course the most important part 1 leef of dill

1.put pterosaur eggs and fluid in to frying pan and fry them in about 400 degrees of celsius
2.cut pepper carefully and put it in the mix
3.now its time for you to perform any food prayers, rituals or anything you do when making/eating food and after that put carrot/potato in to mix
4.cut dill in to dust and sprinkle dill over omelette

remember to watch your food so it wont burn and your back too so pterosaur wont kill you.

Noobis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 04:22:57 am »
I dont have any Recipes but I just want to say some things about the food.

Garlic- Are root bulbs, they are kinda hot and can be found in the wild like any other plant. So call them bulbs. :P

Milk Products (cheese and that such)- Are Ylian, Dermorian, and Enkidukai, can also be Lemur but that would be more exotic milk.

To get a PS equivilant try doing a little research on where they come from.

Lemurs-have the most exotic of foods. So anything named after a lemur would have to be rare. Such as Poison Spine Fish, and Candies are excellent, such as chocolate.

Kran- Salts and minerals. Try to make up a new mineral like sweet rocks, a crystalization of sugar in a pool of water from plants.

Diabloi- Cinnamon is more Lemur; Exotic tasty fruits, they are probably the most common to candy things, like Candied Fruits.

Enkidukai- Meat, this is all your beef, chicken, pork, sheep, and those types. Although rarely they probably cook it ;) They are probably the Barbeque masters. They also deal in the wheat and brewery. :P

Klyros- The Sushi Masters, They handle every type of fish and shell fish. Cooked and not.

Ynnwn- The Stewers. They combine just about anything and everything in great amounts in giant pots to make large amounts of food, mostly meat and Vegitable.

Dwarven- Mostly Cave animals and Cave Plants, probably know how to make alot of Clacker Stews.

Nolthrir- Like Klyros, but STRICTLY fish.

Dermorians- These are probably where things like Garlic and root plants come from. They are often finding new edible plants and know of the most common ones.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2005, 04:29:45 am by Noobis »