Author Topic: [GUILD] The Dragon Council  (Read 31703 times)

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
Re: [GUILD] The Dragon Council
« Reply #315 on: September 29, 2006, 05:40:20 am »
But, in my opinion, if people want to join the guild and see lots of members and non members arguing about the guild...etc.. It may, put them off?

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 29, 2006, 06:12:17 am »
This is not a silly argument. It's a discussion about some of their qualities. Newcomers should know about them and then decide if they do or do not wish to join. And the rest of us should improve our image on their guild as well, as questions like these should help us expand our original concept of the guild. And if in the end it puts newcomers off, then it's because they do not like the guild's traits. So they look for something else that fits them. In that case, aren't we doing the right thing?

The description of the guild's forum says "Guilds Creation, Advertizing, Discussion." And that is what I usually do around here. And it is what I was attempting to do, but you intervened. Now I find myself discussing the "Guild Forum" in the wrong place. Next time PM someone if you think that person is not being correct in the forum. Else you will drag the person into further messing the guild thread with pointless chatter in order to defend itself publicly (since that was the source of the affront). Something I wouldn't need to do if I was sure useless posts were deleted.

This is not a place to pat your friend's in the back and say good luck. You do that ingame. Here we try to improve PS's guilds through posts and threads. I still hope I can get a DC to Reply #312 after all this.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 06:19:16 am by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
« Reply #317 on: September 29, 2006, 08:49:17 am »
I see. But wouldn't the task you give him have to do with your goals? Else, why would you send him on errands that would not have to do with what you want to accomplish? Unless members of his rank have to be distracted until allowed to work on that matter. And if the task he does have nothing to do with your goals, then his "help" is not really help, since it does not push the guild forward to its goals, but simply a way of keeping himself busy with something.
[...]
Or he is left with management duties, like providing, crafting, hunting or guarding. That would have been a good answer.

Of course the tasks we give to our members have to do with our goals. At least most of them, as some are given for entertainment purposes only, but then again, those would be thought in accordance to the needs of our guild, so it would have to do with our goals. We don't need to distract our members from some matters, since they have enough things to do (like management duties or other kind of tasks) according to their ranks, and those things will always contribute, even if slightly, to the achievement of our goals.

Or maybe he simply is not curious enough to question what he does, and therefore, even after acting to achieve "more organization, members, expanded activity within the clans and the quest for fame and glory" he does not keep track of it in his mind. May happen.

This may happen, but then again, I'd say that our members know what they are doing and why, since we inform them of the purposes of the tasks we give them.
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

Kymizer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 29, 2006, 12:35:20 pm »
I'm talking about when you talked to the Klyros with the two claymores, i was around there, and it was kinda hard not to notice me...

but i guess you did, o well.

I see. But wouldn't the task you give him have to do with your goals? Else, why would you send him on errands that would not have to do with what you want to accomplish? Unless members of his rank have to be distracted until allowed to work on that matter. And if the task he does have nothing to do with your goals, then his "help" is not really help, since it does not push the guild forward to its goals, but simply a way of keeping himself busy with something.
[...]
Or he is left with management duties, like providing, crafting, hunting or guarding. That would have been a good answer.

Of course the tasks we give to our members have to do with our goals. At least most of them, as some are given for entertainment purposes only, but then again, those would be thought in accordance to the needs of our guild, so it would have to do with our goals. We don't need to distract our members from some matters, since they have enough things to do (like management duties or other kind of tasks) according to their ranks, and those things will always contribute, even if slightly, to the achievement of our goals.

This may happen, but then again, I'd say that our members know what they are doing and why, since we inform them of the purposes of the tasks we give them.

Yes, they do let us know what our purposes are, again, what i said in my last post, we know what we are doing when we do it.
Kyzer
The Blue Dragons Clan
The Dragon Council

DaveG is the greatest...
Quote from: DaveG
Dude, you have issues...

Sangwa

• Forum Addict
  • Chars: Morwen and Gartheiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 29, 2006, 05:19:16 pm »
Thank you for the information. So Kymizer is simply light headed.

We can therefore conclude that your short term and mid goal terms are of a maintenance nature, that you strive to grow powerful and have influence on Yliakum, you are diplomatically neutral and your members are allowed to know what their actions in the guild contribute for.
So you basicly didn't change your status, in these matters, in the last months.

EDIT: Corrected Kymizer's name. Sorry about that, won't happen again.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2006, 07:26:35 pm by Sangwa »
Disclaimer: This is my opinion and I can be reasoned with. I'm probably right, though.

Join the Dark Empire!

Kymizer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 29, 2006, 06:18:11 pm »
Lord Rioth was away for a while, so we didn't get much done, because we didn't really have the leadership for it, and yeah, contact with Rioth then was basicly impossible.  Lets just say he had a bunch to catch up to when he got back

And i'm KYMIZER, KY, OR KYZER, call me one of those please...not Kyimizer...i can't even pronounce that.  And about me being lightheaded...well...litterally i am, i'm a blonde, so that makes the color of my head light.  But thats about it, and i hope you got that comment from my picks, and not about how I act.  That would be a little on the flaming side.

And i corrected myself, because i was confused about what you were asking.

are you sarcastic alot Sangwa, i'm just asking, not being sarcastic myself...i havn't gotten to know much people around here yet..
Kyzer
The Blue Dragons Clan
The Dragon Council

DaveG is the greatest...
Dude, you have issues...

zanzibar

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 29, 2006, 06:24:11 pm »
From my observations of the Dragon Council, their primary diplomatic priorities are:

i) To ensure the survival of the guild.
ii) To ensure that the good name of the guild stays good.
iii) To minimize public awareness of personal conflicts between guild members.
iv) To destabilize percieved enemies of the guild.

To say that they're neutral is essentially correct.  As long as you don't do anything to cross the Dragon Council or make them feel threatened, you can get along just fine with them.
Quote from: Raa
Immaturity is FTW.

Phinehas

« Reply #322 on: September 29, 2006, 06:42:11 pm »
are you sarcastic alot Sangwa, i'm just asking, not being sarcastic myself...i havn't gotten to know much people around here yet..
No, he's not. Trust me on this one. Sangwa is one of the nicest people you'll meet in PS.

Croconil

• Hydlaa Notable
  • <3 Peacer!
    • View Profile
    • Talk Box
« Reply #323 on: September 29, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »
No, he's not. Trust me on this one. Sangwa is one of the nicest people you'll meet in PS.

Of course, Phinehas isn't sarcastic at all.

Kymizer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 29, 2006, 07:05:04 pm »

Of course, Phinehas isn't sarcastic at all.

:P
Kyzer
The Blue Dragons Clan
The Dragon Council

DaveG is the greatest...
Dude, you have issues...

Phinehas

« Reply #325 on: September 29, 2006, 07:10:06 pm »
That's what I meant, obviously. He is not sarcastic, you can take my word as someone who would know sarcasm when he sees it.

kingmanic12

• Traveller
    • View Profile
    • Dragon Council Home Page
« Reply #326 on: October 06, 2006, 06:22:38 am »
Hey! How do I or can I join the Dragon Council? :-\ I am new but I am a quick learner and I am looking for a guild and I thought this one might be cool. :lol:
LET THEM COME! THE MONGRELS THAT TRY TO KILL WILL BE KILLED SO I SHALL SWIPE THEM DOWN WILL ALL MY MIGHT!  ALL MY LIFE SHALL GO TO KILLING THE TRAITORS OF THE RELM AND KING EELIAM! THE RAT CALLED PARAGOR SHALL DIE! FOR I'M THE KNIGHT OF THE DAWN AND OF THE RELM! I SHALL DIE FOR KING EELIAM! FOREVER!

Rioth

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
    • The Dragon Council
« Reply #327 on: October 06, 2006, 07:18:18 am »
If you're looking to join, you have two possibilities. Either register on our forums (using your ingame name if possible) and post in the application area after having read our application rules, or else, find one of us ingame (preferably a Dragon Chaser or higher) and ask about joining the guild.
Burning anger gets you do a howling riot...
~ Dragon Lord of The Dragon Council
Rioth

kingmanic12

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 06, 2006, 02:34:24 pm »
OK THANX! Im looking over the website now and printing out all of the important information! I will most lickly use the application forum tommorow.  ;D :)
LET THEM COME! THE MONGRELS THAT TRY TO KILL WILL BE KILLED SO I SHALL SWIPE THEM DOWN WILL ALL MY MIGHT!  ALL MY LIFE SHALL GO TO KILLING THE TRAITORS OF THE RELM AND KING EELIAM! THE RAT CALLED PARAGOR SHALL DIE! FOR I'M THE KNIGHT OF THE DAWN AND OF THE RELM! I SHALL DIE FOR KING EELIAM! FOREVER!

kingmanic12

• Traveller
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 07, 2006, 01:33:40 pm »
Ok! I have looked over everything in the page about the guild but I have only one question about the ranks of the Guild. If you mentor thinks your ready to go on but you dont think you should or you just dont want to yet then can you say NO or do you half to advance the ranks.