Author Topic: Moogie's CB FAQ - All Your Questions Answered Here!  (Read 22717 times)

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
Moogie's CB FAQ - All Your Questions Answered Here!
« on: April 30, 2005, 05:19:22 pm »
Moogie\'s CB FAQ
Updated May 1st, 2005[/b]

Update - Kiva is now in charge of this FAQ as Moogie is busy with other things. My email is in the bottom of the post, so if you want something added, send it there or in a PM here, or if you\'re really desperate, send an email through the forum.

I\'m back again with another loooong FAQ for the new version of PlaneShift, Crystal Blue! This guide hopes to cover any question you may ask that is not already answered in the Player\'s Guide that ships with the game.

Now, before you read this, go to Start > Program files > Planeshift CB > Players Guide. That guide is thorough and indepth, and tells you absolutely everything you can do in CB. The questions I\'ve answered below are unique and pertaining to things not addressed by the player\'s guide, such as general tips and advice.

Gameplay Questions

1. Where have all the crystals gone?
There\'s no Crystals in CB! The new currency is Tria.

2. Where are the sewers?
Go left from the blacksmith and follow the city walls until you find a large hole in the ground.

3. How do I open doors?
You can\'t currently open any doors that aren\'t already open.

4. How can I make some money?
Tria is dropped by monsters in the Sewers, so go hunt there for a while. Money can also be gained from a few of the quests that are available.

5. Can I make XP other than fighting?
Currently, no. However, once more content and features have been created and added to CB, there will certainly be other ways to gain Progression Points for your skills.

6. How can I avoid fall damage?
As a young character, it is all too easy to die through fall damage. My advice is this: don\'t jump from objects, don\'t run down staircases, and take care when travelling across dangerous paths where it may be easy to slip.

7. WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE ME!??
Stop shouting at them! Using capslock all the time makes you sound loud and rude. It\'s also an eyesore- so please type normally.

8. Where is the new town (Ojaveda)?
Exit Hydlaa from the north gate, and go through the forest path. Take the left fork, and then follow the road across the Ojaroad Plains. It\'s a long walk, but eventually you will find a majestic tunnel with ivory walls. From here, carry on, and eventually you will find the dsar of Akkaio, one of many dsars that make up Ojaveda city.

9. How do I buy a house?
Not currently, no. This is quite a distant feature, so don\'t expect it soon.

10. How do I crouch?
No, you can\'t crouch just yet.

11. How can I sell items? I can\'t select them!
Click the merchant again after you are in the Sell menu.

12. There\'s too few monsters, other people always kill them too fast!
You\'ll have to be patient on this one. The developers will add more spawns soon, but for now, please try to not cause tension by stealing other people\'s kills if they got to it first.

13. How do I recognise a GM?
GMs have Darkgreen, Orange, Pink, and Red namelabels, depending on their level.

14. Can I be a GM?
GMs are picked by the developers for being useful Advisors. If you wish to help us, \"/Advisormode on\" and be a good samaritan. :)

15. How come I always die if I go into the well in the temple; there used to be a dungeon?
The dungeon still exists, however the fall from the temple well is almost always fatal. You can still enter the dungeon through the secret entrance, however. Snoop around in the area of the tall brown tower and you might find it. ;)

16. What happens when I die?
You are whisked away to the Death Realm, where you must escape it to return to Hydlaa. In future releases, it will be possible to sacrifice a magical item to The Death God in order to avoid going there. In Crystal Blue, the Death Realm is very small, but it will be expanded later.

17. Why will nobody tell me quest solutions?
The quests are far more rewarding to complete yourself, rather than have people telling you the answers. This applies even moreso during the early stages of CB, where there is little content to keep you occupied. The developers wish people to not post quest answers in the forums or on websites- telling friends or guildmembers, however, is generally ok.

18. How can I change my key configuration?
Use the Options menu ingame, and you can change the hotkeys for almost any action.

19. How do I create a macro?
Rightclick on one of the free slots in the macro list (which is found down the left side of your screen by default- it already has buttons like Attack, Sell, Tell, Say, etc) and click the button. You can then set the name for the macro, and then the chat command you wish it to type when the button is pressed.

20. Where can I mine?
Go out the north gate, follow the forest path and take a right at the fork, follow the path untill you reach a tower known as the magic shop. Go to one of the rock walls.

21. Where do i get an axe? Harnquist doesnt sell them!
Updated: Harnquist now sells a small one-handed axe.

22. Talking to NPCs is confusing. How do I get a quest?
There\'s several ways to ask NPCs for a quest. \"give me quest\" works when talking to Sharven, for instance. Play around with phrases using the word \"quest\" or \"work\" and eventually something will be accepted (that is, of course, unless the NPC you\'re talking to does not give a quest. ;))

23. I can\'t fit through doors!
22nd Feb: This bug has been fixed!

Technical Questions

1. How can I disable music/soundFX?
An option to disable music has now been added to the Options menu ingame. Thanks devs, and thank you Jaedru for alerting me to this. :)

2. How come the game crashes when I open a menu window?
Some people get this when they use Software Audio mode. Go into PSSetup and change it to something else, and see if that helps. If not, turn sound Off.

3. Where can I find the Linux client for CB?
http://www.planeshift.it/download.html - Binary
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/planeshift/planeshift/ - Source

4. The server went linkdead, what should I do?
The developers are still fixing bugs so they may restart the server from time to time. It should be up within a few minutes after a restart. It is possible that your character may have not been saved before the reset. Therefore, it is suggested to logout in order to save your character after you have travelled to a certain place or gained experience.

5. Help! I can\'t type the @ for my username in the game!
For those using Azerty keyboards who are unable to type the @ character, try Alt + Ctrl + 2. If the key combination fails, go in the main planeshift directory and open planeshift.cfg. Edit the line that looks like \"Planeshift.Connection.User = m_y@email.blah\" to include your email address.

6. I need more character slots! I can\'t delete the one\'s I\'ve made!
Only an admin can delete a character for you. You should be careful when creating characters, and make sure you like what you\'ve picked before you click Upload. Once you\'ve used up your 4 character slots, you cannot create any more characters.

7. CB won\'t run because I need MSVCR70.dll! Where can I find it?
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr70 (Download the file and put it in your Planeshift folder.)

8. I can\'t get past Character Creation! It says I have invalid choices, how do I fix this?
This is somewhat of a bug. Make sure you are not ending up with minus CP points at the end of creation. Also try not using quickpaths. If all else fails, restart your client and try again.

9. I can\'t give the item to the NPC! Nothing happens!
Updated: This bug has been fixed!

That\'s all for now. If you have anything you would like to add, please send a mail to moos1 @ tele2adsl.dk.

CREDITS
These people contributed many questions to the FAQ. Thank you for the help, guys! :) (If I\'ve missed something here, just tell me ;))

Moogie (For making this FAQ in the first place.)
PK (eep, I accidentally erased this. sorry!)
Kixie (crystals, houses, fall damage)
Ravna (menu crashes, selling items, dungeon)
Gronomist (sewers directions)
Niavard (capslock, can I be GM, quest solutions)
Karakth (linux client, crouching)
Keldorn (recognising GMs, @ problem)
iceeey (linkdead, death)
Cad (disabling music, 4 chars max, start a quest)
Fireofsoul (mining location, buying an axe)
Seather (@ problem additional, MSVCR70.dll, character creation)
Jaedru (music fix)
GeorgeD (Kran and Ynnwn problem)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Lickshotsensi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
Getting started
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 11:48:20 pm »
I am completely new to this. Just downloaded from .Mac site. How do I start the game? I have not been given a name or password or do I use the one that I registered with this site

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 10:05:07 am »
Register from the PlaneShift website, http://www.planeshift.it

Lickshotsensi

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 02:23:55 pm »
Thanks Moogie. I have and have been sent verification. When I open psclient. Log in page appears. enter my email address and new password and it says \"You are not running the correct version of planeshift for this server. I am operating MacOS 10.4Tiger on a G4 processor. Thanks

keifer

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 02:28:40 pm »
You need to update planeshift, there is a guide for doing this on a mac available here
- Geharor Fatoori

Loiness

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
I am new here and I have some questions.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 08:15:19 pm »
Hi there I just started the game today.

1. How do you get in and out of town?

2. What is the sack in the game used for and how do you use it?

3. How do you get the quest from the Harnquist cause I said hello and give me a quest to him but nothing happen.

4. Can you guys add more rat spawns cause 1 rat in the sewer will not cut it.

5. Why don\'t frantics drop anything to take cause I fought  a couple and never got anything?

6. Why can\'t I mine gold I pay for the skill so why can\'t I mine the gold? I thought you could learn the skill by buying it so whats wrong.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 01:20:21 pm by Loiness »

zabeal

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2005, 02:31:12 am »
Hmmm, looks like this FAQ could use some updating to recent changes.

1. near the plaza is a tunnel to the arena, an enterance to the sewers and a path to the new section of town. If you go up the hill in town, there is a gate leading out into the wild wilderness, but I will leave you to explore that :)

2. Sacks currently do nothing, but they will likely be containers later. :O

3. The quests are currently broken and not completable- you may find ways to start quests, but do not give NPCs items, they will take them and the quest will not finish. X(

4. there is a problem with the rats; well really with all spawns, but the solution is known, and everyhting should be all better by the next update. No idea when that will be relased I am afraid :(

5. More items for loot will be added as well later- but there is not much for mosnters to drop currently. All good things come with time!  :D

Lux perpetua luceat eis

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2005, 03:05:40 am »
remember that there is an in game help channel that you can use if you need any help.

editation: spellings thanks to leji.
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

miranda

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
how do you start the game?
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2005, 12:41:11 pm »
Originally posted by Kiva
Moogie\'s CB FAQ
Updated May 1st, 2005[/b]

...etc...

Edited by Moogie
« Last Edit: June 25, 2005, 02:24:34 pm by miranda »

Karyuu

• Forum Legend
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2005, 06:39:00 pm »
Miranda, please edit your post to remove the unnecessary quoting.

Can you also please restate your question? What do you mean by \"start the game,\" are you talking about the download, installation, actual opening of the client, or manipulating your character within the running game?
Judge: Are you trying to show contempt for this court, Mr Smith?
Smith: No, My Lord. I am attempting to conceal it.

Zoidberg

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 12:01:59 am »
Where do i login for the game.
If you want a pet dragon come to my house.

Jimmeh

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2005, 02:03:52 am »
are there only two towns or are there more?

At the end of the Gulf war, Kuwaitis celebrated by firing guns in to the air.... 20 died from falling bullets

Drey

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2005, 03:21:31 am »
yes(only two)
<Rux> i wish i could say that narrows it down, but the internet is one freaky place

Androgos

(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2005, 03:47:11 am »
There are three actually

Arkumin Delvrim

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2005, 08:42:41 am »
Originally posted by Androgos
There are three actually

Yes but the DR is an awfully empty city ATM. :)
I\'m the Dwarf in the shortpants. No the other Dwarf in the shortpants!