Author Topic: Enkidukai, with or without hair?  (Read 1418 times)

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
Enkidukai, with or without hair?
« on: May 09, 2005, 02:50:29 pm »
I have posed this question because it seems to me that a lot of people who play or draw Enkidukai, imagine them with head hair. I thought it who be intresting to see what everyone thought. Hair or no hair? Why or why not?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:50:50 pm by Keldrena »

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 02:57:25 pm »
According to Talad, Enkidukai do not have head hair like a human does.

I expect, however, that various styles of manes will be available for males in the future.

Cyl

• Hydlaa Notable
  • *Ninja Poof*
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2005, 02:57:33 pm »
I am for with hair, it is out of aesthetic reasons
MMORPG - Many Men Online Role Playing Girls

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2005, 03:06:21 pm »
So, Enkidukai are not going to have hair. That\'s a shame because someone already has already drawn my char. If I had know that I would have not asked for hair in the picture. Is this decision set in stone or might it be changed in the future? I\'m not trying to challange anyone, I am just asking.

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 03:20:15 pm »
The official word is no, but I can\'t see why hats and wigs wouldn\'t be implemented in the future, allowing aesthetic details to be resolved.

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 03:23:13 pm »
OK, I\'m fine with that. I know my opinion really doesn\'t matter but I thought I\'d ask.

Moogie

• Forum Legend
  • Artist/Flash Animator
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2005, 07:41:05 pm »
I\'m opposed to it, myself. Mostly because my character is a Fenki and I think Fenkis look ridiculous without human-like hair.

If enough people support the idea of Enkidukai hairstyles, maybe Talad will change heart... but its a very slim chance. :(

Keldrena

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2005, 07:50:29 pm »
Do you think it would be okay to make a petion? Or would that be croosing the line? I don\'t what to make anyone mad, but If Enkidukai have hair styles bald can be one of them for the people who like them without  hair. That way everybody\'s got what they want.

Sarrow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2005, 08:09:27 pm »
There could be a type of vial that holds different colors of dye as an item you could buy.. But I wonder if dyeing your hair was a \"RPing\" thing to do. (since PS is strictly RP supportive)

I guess an menki could grow his hair into bangs and such as well as fenki..  its up to the person.. (which is anotehr reason I wear jackets)
Sar-row (say-row)  n.  1. A individual or group that protrays discrimination to current society. See synonyms at Revolutionists

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2005, 08:27:25 pm »
:O :O :O
what about tasers glossy black waterfall like flowing hair that drenches her shoulder like black ink????

NOOO!!!!!!!!
fenkis dont look right without hair

= <3

DeviantArt

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2005, 08:31:56 pm »
Originally posted by dragonfire999
fenkis dont look right without hair

Actually, I think just the opposite.  They\'re mostly feline in appearance, so why on Earth would they have longer hair on their heads?  I like the wig idea, but female Enkidukai should remain as they are. Males can have small manes perhaps, but fenkis have always been \"bald\" and should stay that way in my opinion.

I really like the fact that their lack of scalp coverage makes them stand out.

~Indi

Keyaz

(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2005, 08:56:36 pm »
makes you wonder why it was never brought up back in the day when people roleplayed their enki characters, had their on image portrayed about them, i know enki\'s are clearly more feline, but as a natural instinct of human nature, a sentient being that stands fully upright, especialy in female cases (in a majority where the community ocmes from)( usually have long hair, sure you can choose to not have it ^^

but then it is Talad\'s decision and pretty much nothing but a bulldozer could move that :p so like i always say, enjoy what we have

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2005, 09:19:22 am »
It is my opinion that evolving from normal cat to humanoid sentient being won\'t necessarily make long hair grow on your head. :) True, it happened with humans, but what if Enki aestethics are different from humans, which is likely? Also, given that lion males tend to have longer manes than females, I would expect that to pervail and maybe increase, so the males would IMO be getting long hair, not the females.

Also, I think that long head-hair looks out of place on Enkis, so...

However, there are also those cats with extremely long fur, so there could be Enkis like that as well. They could cut their fur back except on the head, having a hell of a time doing it, but be rewarded with that unique look of Fenki with at least somewhat long head hair. :)

dragonfire999

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2005, 02:32:13 pm »
just give me a wig and ill shut up X(

= <3

DeviantArt

Kiramon

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Sometimes... sometimes not
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 05:21:32 am »
Well on drawings it might look good with hair on an Enki, but really ingame I doubt that an Enki with hair would look good - I think it would look rather... weird -.-