Author Topic: Realy wierd game behaviour  (Read 649 times)

nuno_silva_pt

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Realy wierd game behaviour
« on: May 15, 2005, 01:23:06 pm »
The first time i played planeshift, when the map finished loading, there was nothing but the GUI, my character and... NOTHING! no map on sigth! I then tryed to move and... I DIED! So basicaly,i started playing planeshift in the death realm! I hope someone is able to fix this problem!

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2005, 07:33:21 pm »
Way back when I installed MB, and just recently with CB, the first action upon logging on was to fall through the ground to oblivion.

Just the other day I logged on and spawned on the grass, in the middle of nowhere, with the plaza off in the distance, and promptly collapsed dead.  Just another thing to make PS so fun...  :P

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

wormking

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 08:19:30 pm »
Yea I often appear in wierd places too. I always am finding myself outside of the Hydlaa walls or underneath something :P

Uloim

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2005, 08:27:01 pm »
I often fall through the ground just after leaving the sewers.  I guess the rats wanted more. :D

MaidenIndigo

• Hydlaa Citizen
  • 藍子
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2005, 08:55:53 pm »
This has never happened to me by simply logging in...the closest thing I have had occur was when I purposely logged off while standing in a tree and logged back on.

My character\'s location wasn\'t legitimate, so the server didn\'t know what to do with me and I wound up falling off the world and dying.
Is everyone who has experienced this always logging off in legitimate locations?

Other than that, these sorts of things sound like a server burp or some data getting lost somewhere in between the server and client.  Possibly even something went wrong when the map itself loaded on your machine, nuno_silva_pt.

The falling through the ground just outside of the sewers as stated by Uloim is a mapping issue which is already well known.  That stems from a different problem than what nuno_silva_pt experienced.

~Indi
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:57:16 pm by MaidenIndigo »

Metal_ray

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2005, 09:44:39 pm »
I have gotten stuck between two worlds once.  It would load from on cell to the other over and over.  Of course this can be fixed by tipping \"/respond\" but it is a problem to fix none then less.
If you have fallen into oblivion it does not matter much.  It just means that you will have to follow the path to respond within the plaza.  It happened to me with my second character...

Those problems and alike will probably be fixed with the upcoming update....  ...But I cant promise anything,  For I do not know either.  I\'m just hoping.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2005, 10:41:58 pm by Metal_ray »
A Elderscrolls Geek!!!

DaveG

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 02:09:05 pm »
I\'ve been oblivioned at the top of the sewer steps too...   :D

::  PlaneShift Team Programmer  ::

yx123

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 04:21:08 pm »
i died on the sewer step also

when i get an error the next time i log on it is almost an guareenteed trip to the death relam

Gentar

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 09:43:49 pm »
look on the bright side, at least the death realm is a pretty cool place to visit and a change in scenery. Think of it as.........a mini vacation!