Author Topic: Market Place Forum  (Read 573 times)

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
Market Place Forum
« on: September 14, 2002, 08:24:07 pm »
Here is an idea that i had the other day, when the game get started going well and everything can there be a forum where players who are looking to buy or sell some goods could post threads about something they wished to buy or sell and other people who were intrested could reply to the thread and make arangements to meet on ps and do business. I think this would be an alternative to players who want to have their own shops. They could have a listing of all their goods and the prices of them and list the times that they would be on to buy and sell things.
~ZiG~?

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2002, 08:49:54 am »
ya, a good game should have a market place..

It helps ppl selling and buying their merchandise.
Also it might be an idea to have an \'job list\' there, jobs can be offered to the players here.

-Xolon-

Heron

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2002, 12:29:26 pm »
A common thing amongst most MMORPG\'s is what you said, and is a good idea but it shouldn\'t replace player shops in my opinion.

Sometimes when you leave a msg to buy something or sell something, you then have to check back, see if you won it, whether or not you need to bid more, etc etc. Sometimes you won\'t even have the time to pick up the item and it is often a long process.

Say if players could rent or buy their own shops and put any items they had in it, and put a price for them they liked. That way if anyone was interested in buying an item another player had, they could just buy it from the shop and the player who owns the shop would automatically get the money credited onto their account so that next time they log in they will have the money.

Perhaps shops could be like this -

Small Shop -  Rent: 2000GP/week   Buy: 80 000GP
Large Shop - Rent: 5000GP/week   Buy: 200 000GP
Warehouse - Rent: 10 000GP/week Buy: 400 000GP
« Last Edit: September 15, 2002, 12:31:33 pm by Heron »

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2002, 12:49:48 pm »
maybe instead of having an actual forum, you could just go to the marketplace in-game, and find all the information you seek there  :D

Xandria

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2002, 09:40:00 pm »
Personally, I think that they have to have both a marketplace and shops.  A marketplace is usuful for casual players who just have something they want to sell, like something they picked up from a monster or what not, or for people starting off a mercantile business.  Shops are also a must-have for the true merchants in the game (which I hope to be), where you can set up items and prices and what not and be able to sell your stuff at anytime when someone walks in (hireable NPC\'s?).

Anyway, I think this is a really cool idea, and should definitely be implemented  8)

How I set my timezone:

ln -sf /usr/share/zoneinfo/Antarctica/Davis /etc/localtime

Xolon

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2002, 11:07:05 am »
Instead of a forum they can also place message boards ingame. Here u can find the latest news/ developments and players can post little messages there also on a special board.
It can be used as the towns\' info boards...

Those boards will be standing (or hanging) in the main shop street, so that players can read the boards and enter the shops easily..

-Xolon-

Zig

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2002, 06:30:20 pm »
Well if you had just one place that they meet in the game such as an acutal market place then it would fill the screen with so many people tring to buy and sell things that it would be hard to keep track of who youre talking to. If you had a forum and posted things it would make it much more easier to stay organized with who youre buying and selling stuff to. I think the player owned shops would give the player that had the shop too much power plus there wouldnt be enough space for it and everyone would want to have a shop, specialy newbies who have junk tring to pawn it off on other characters.  I know all newbies wouldnt be that way but too many people now days follow mainstream gamming and dont know what a true rpg is anymore. I mean look at the crap that squaresoft is putting out. Crap like kindom hearts i mean WTF!!???
~ZiG~?

Xandria

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2002, 08:28:55 pm »
As for setting up shops, my idea was that newbies *CAN\'T* get their hands on one, because you would either have to rent one out (per month or day or hour or something) or buy one outright (which would be outrageously expensive, but if you\'re really good at what you do, you should eventually get enough money).  That way, only the people who are seriously interested in sticking to a merchant role in the game can have a shop, and you will likely not have so many people that it will become too cluttered.
If newbies want to sell stuff, they can run around and chat with every person they want claiming that they have some good stuff to sell.  However, I don\'t think that most people want to stand around for hours trying to sell their stuff to ordinary people.  With shops and stands, you are able to sell your stuff to a merchant who is almost always willing to take them, and you can run along to more important things.
This is kinda how I figured shops into the game, I\'m sorry if I\'m not making much sense  :(

How I set my timezone:

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2002, 04:38:50 am »
What about a merchant\'s guild then? There isn\'t one now that i know of. This guild could act as some kind of a labor union or something. Every person who wants to own a shop first has to go to this guild and apply for one. He has to explain what his shop will sell, and show how much money he currently has for this undertaking. If the board of this guild approves it they can grant him permission to open his shop, they could appoint a building to him, and assist him financially if needed. The owner of this shop could then offer his merchandise on this merchants guild\'s forum.
The guild will assist the owner in any way they can, and in return the owner of the shop has to give say, 10% of his week\'s winnings to the guild.
I haven\'t really worked this idea out yet, but i think it could offer some great advantages for all involved.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2002, 06:44:37 am by Keldorn »
m.vanes

Xandria

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2002, 04:54:07 pm »
Keldorn, I really like your idea about having a merchant\'s guild.  It would make sense to have a system where you have a group to help you when you have troubles.  Then everything could also be well-organized and run more smoothly than having hundreds of people doing their own thing.  Great advantages, indeed!  :D

How I set my timezone: