Author Topic: Ingame Marriages and Kids!  (Read 796 times)

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
    • Knowledge Seekers guild
Ingame Marriages and Kids!
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:49:21 pm »
---
In case you wondered I did search... but after like 15 threads lazyness strikes... right?
---

Anyway. We already have some kind of ingame marriages (could be better later on... but well, it works right now).
Now, ingame kids would be great too. No need to be little models :P
Just at creation the player would choose if he wanted ingame parents or if he wanted the current normal creation.
It would be some kind of \"semi-quick creation\" .

A couple would submit a wish for child. With name (male and female) of the char and race.  Then if there\'s any child request avalible a player could choose to have ingame parents.
If he/she/it does, the player would choose \"Ingame Parents\", the name that the parents gave him would be given to him, he would be the race the parents are (or one of the races the parents are, or even a Ynnwn if parents were elf and diaboli). The name depends on the gender the player wishes to have. That\'s why parents need to submit a female and male name.
The rest of the creation would be normal: birth date, place of birth, birth event, child activities, etc...

Now... the critics... and flames... and (prays) someone who supports the idea...
"Lordbug" Dosaki, Chancellor of Knowledge Seekers Guild

Where does the PlaneShift Modding Community live nowadays?

Ashamn

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:16:18 pm »
This idea only could be from you.

It\'s not a bad idea, but I think on it as a \"long time project\" just like the house-building project (things to be implemented in a [more then probably] long future)..

And remenber, if the Dosaki clan ever rule all over Yliakum remenber meh  :P
Draw me not without reason
 Sheath me not without honor
[/I]

leuxast

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 05:29:29 pm »
Hmmnn...Not a bad idea.../me goes off to start an menki character (Dwarfs don\'t really do marrige very well)
\"Light a man a fire and you keep him warm for a night,
Light a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life!\"
Tybalt the Red Monk

DivineLight

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:24:57 pm »
It\'s really a magnificent idea.
It\'ll open new areas of RolePlaying and fun and will strengthen ingame marriges such as LordBug\'s :p

And parents would give weapons and pocket trias(money) to their children. Ah too much fun!
Every one will die in pain except those who were less pain for the others, while they were.....

.~\'| MyBlog | FireFox | Gaim | \'~.

Kiva

• Veteran
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 06:25:16 pm »
Thread is old, but holds a lot of discussion about marriages.

http://planeshift3d.com/wbboard/thread.php?threadid=624&boardid=11 (locked so incredibly old discussions don\'t get bumped).

:)
\"Somewhere over the rainbow...\"

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 06:32:46 pm »
yay! no one flamed me or said it was stupid!!!

@Ashamn: :P Well, I thought about it when I saw the \"Mother name\" \"Father name\" thing at creation :P
@Kiva: huge thread, loads of posts!
@DivineLight:
Parent:\"Here\'s your first weapon, use it well\"
Kid: \"YAY!!! I\'m going to the arena to slay some Gredols!!!\"
Parent: \"NO wait!\"
after a while
Parent: \"See how Death Realm is cold and sad?\"

But yeah, parentas would have to \"take care\" of the child.

DivineLight

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2005, 10:05:32 pm »
Yeah LordBug, funny story.
But i think parental and marrying thing is as distant thing as housing. coz there are more vital things such as Range Weapons, Crafting, Cooking, Fishing, etc are left to be implemented.

Any way it should be fun and humorous to propose fenkis and then wish for children and then be gay when some one decides to be our dear child.
Every one will die in pain except those who were less pain for the others, while they were.....

.~\'| MyBlog | FireFox | Gaim | \'~.

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2005, 07:04:24 am »
lol DivineLight
If this ever gets implemented I think it would be easier to do than the housing :P
Unless someone makes a contribution with this thing, it\'ll get implemented before all that... :D

Zebazar

• Traveller
    • View Profile
faking it
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2005, 07:44:00 am »
Maybe it is possible for now to fake mariage by creating a guild? Are guilds not a kind of family?

By creating a new character you create a child that you than can make a member of the family-guild.

You can name your guild for exemple: \"Family of Roald\" or \"Roald Family\". As long as it is clear that it is a family and not an ordinary guild.

Or maybe it is possible for the developers to make a copy of the Guild-system and adapt it a little bit. So this will be possible in the next release.
:rolleyes:

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2005, 07:55:17 am »
No, not all guilds are family.
Some may behave or be like a family, most I know are lots of people that work together to a common objective, whatever it is. Others may be like a \"work\", etc... all depends on them.

Those kind of family-guilds are like clans :P
And, why making a guild if you can have your last name changed?

Zan

• Veteran
  • Just a regular guy, with an irregular soul
    • View Profile
    • Photography
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2005, 10:37:17 am »
Nice idea, I \'m just not really sure how popular it \'ll be since you can\'t really create your own character and all. But maybe it \'s a great initiative for new players to get to know the game. They \'ll have their parents to help them out with everything.

Only one way to see if it \'d be used I guess ..
Zan Drithor, Member of the Vaalnor Council
Tyrnal Relhorn, Captain of the Vaalguard
Thromdir Shoake, Merchant
Giorn Kleaver, Miner.

Grayne Dholm, Follower of Dakkru

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2005, 11:49:36 am »
hmm love the idea and shouldn\'t be hard to implement. Think it will be more often used with friends then new players like someone creating a new character and say \"LOL lets play being his and hers son.\"

Roleplaying I think it would be great but to have it ingame would be hard seeing if a totally new player wouuld come how does he know he will ever see hs parents? Timezones are annoying :P

Seytra

• Forum Addict
  • No system can compensate lack of common sense.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2005, 04:43:12 pm »
Originally posted by Zan
Nice idea, I \'m just not really sure how popular it \'ll be since you can\'t really create your own character and all.

Hmm? How can\'t you not create your char? The only things that are pre-set are race and name. The race bit could be a problem, but that can easily be solved by listing all races that are available ATM.
Additionally, it could list \"preferred gender\", if any.

Furthermore, a couple could probably wish for a number of children, not just one, though that number must obviously be limited to at most 4 AFAICS.

Maybe the names of the parents and the pre-set child names should be shown, too, so that people might not accidentally end up as child of someone they don\'t like OOC-ly. Or for other reasons, like disliking the un-RP names they have or want to give the child.

Anyway, I like this idea, and it might do a little bit for reducing the influx of stupid names, too.

Lordbug

• Hydlaa Notable
  • Magic Mugs!
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 04:58:58 pm »
Indeed it will stop the appearance of many stupid names. Didn\'t thought in that Seytra.
Besides that, players would be trained by their parents and all tht stuff.

@Pestilence: not quite, new players, specially good roleplayers might find this interesting and give it a go.

Pestilence

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2005, 05:13:15 pm »
*grins* new players that are good roleplayers? hmm almost sounds a contradiction these days ;) but agree some will like it, but I wouldn\'t to quickly seeing as I said if I don\'t know the people who play my parents I don\'t know if I would ever see them and as an RP person I think you want to make sure you RP.

Thats why I think it will be more often used with people creating a new character already playing PS who know that those are persons they see often online.