Author Topic: The Greatest (P2P) Game Ever Made!!!  (Read 1263 times)

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2005, 03:54:04 pm »
We\'ll if you just click on somthing and wait...you\'ll die.
You gotta used your skills and watch your health and mana. if you just stand there you\'re as good as dead.
Lol Internet

Kixie

• Veteran
  • I chase the moon, liquour, cars and women.
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2005, 04:29:40 pm »
Yeah I read about D&L way back when it was in beta. Tried joining but never got in. Once I get some extra cash I\'ll be sure to check it out.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2005, 05:15:10 pm »
Originally posted by Efflixi Aduro
You gotta used your skills and watch your health and mana. if you just stand there you\'re as good as dead.

Umm... yes... That is basically the type of combat system that bothers me. It\'s point and click. Tell me, how many rpg\'s have you played where you don\'t have to watch your health and mana? That\'s the whole point, that that\'s all you do is watch your health and mana and maybe switch stances or change spells. It\'s like... for people who can\'t handle real combat... I\'m looking for an mmorpg version of... say... Planetside. Not that I love that game, but they do have a progression system where you raise \"skills\" and yet what it comes down to is that whether or not you hit your enemy depends on your skill, not on the computer rolling dice to see if you did or not. Now if we could have that sort of combat system in an rpg setting... wow! Think of a cross between, say... Thief (only played a bit of the first one, so that may not be an accurate representation) and Planetside. Something along those lines. Up to you to hit the enemy with your arrow, up to you to block their sword-thrust, not the dice.

Kiern

• Forum Addict
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2005, 05:39:51 pm »
I seem to remember Mogura going on and on about this a while back.  I\'m not sure why I remember something like that, but eh.

Nice rant, Phinehas.  For some reason today your name looks weird to me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 05:40:39 pm by Kiern »

Syzerian

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2005, 10:55:21 pm »
Originally posted by Phinehas

Umm... yes... That is basically the type of combat system that bothers me. It\'s point and click. Tell me, how many rpg\'s have you played where you don\'t have to watch your health and mana? That\'s the whole point, that that\'s all you do is watch your health and mana and maybe switch stances or change spells. It\'s like... for people who can\'t handle real combat... I\'m looking for an mmorpg version of... say... Planetside. Not that I love that game, but they do have a progression system where you raise \"skills\" and yet what it comes down to is that whether or not you hit your enemy depends on your skill, not on the computer rolling dice to see if you did or not. Now if we could have that sort of combat system in an rpg setting... wow! Think of a cross between, say... Thief (only played a bit of the first one, so that may not be an accurate representation) and Planetside. Something along those lines. Up to you to hit the enemy with your arrow, up to you to block their sword-thrust, not the dice.

Can you say Oblivion? :D

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 06:46:03 am »
Originally posted by Syzerian

Can you say Oblivion? :D

Yes, yes I can. What does that have to do with anything?

Actually, I wasn\'t aware of the existence of this game. It looks promising, too bad it\'s not mmo. Still though, I must try it out...

Entamis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 07:55:28 am »
Hooray for quote pyramids! ;)
Actually, I wasn\'t aware of the existence of this game. It looks promising, too bad it\'s not mmo. Still though, I must try it out...

You\'ll have to wait some time for Oblivion. Until then you may try Gothic - I think you will like its combat system. Still not MMO, though.

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 08:38:42 am »
Originally posted by Kiern
Nice rant, Phinehas.  

Coming from you, that\'s quite a compliment.

You\'ll have to wait some time for Oblivion. Until then you may try Gothic - I think you will like its combat system. Still not MMO, though.

I can\'t find a decent site for Gothic, everything\'s German or something. It also seems a bit... dark for my tastes.

Efflixi Aduro

• Veteran
  • O_o
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 10:28:04 am »
Originally posted by Entamis
Hooray for quote pyramids! ;)

Entamins? Weren\'t you gonna be away for like a long time or somthing? Welcome back. :)

*walks off looking for the original topic*
Lol Internet

bbum

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 12:23:05 pm »
last time i heard of this game i saw a dumb video of shield sledding lmao.. anyway, the world is going to be large but randomly generated and boring. ill take something like the hand made forest path in planeshift over endless miles of the same generic looking forest anyday.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2005, 12:24:35 pm by bbum »

Entamis

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2005, 05:42:55 pm »
I can\'t find a decent site for Gothic, everything\'s German or something. It also seems a bit... dark for my tastes.
I haven\'t finished it yet, but so far it isn\'t darker than most games. You can always play the demo to see if you like it.

@Efflixi: I don\'t think so. But hi anyway :)

Watcher

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2005, 11:19:32 am »

If you like Star Trek then there is a fan made MMORPE and it is supossed to have \"realstic\" combat.

http://www.destinyswind.com

WiseKran

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2005, 12:59:35 pm »
There is loading times and zones, read the FAQ

And the 5% of WoW world is Greatly exagerated, however dark and light will be considerably larger.

I checked out a gameplay video.. the graphics were fairly good, however the animations are extremely stiff, especially fighting looks awkwurd(spelling?)

Farewell Moogie, Farewell Draklar, Farewell Drey. you will be missed.

Talamir

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2005, 01:06:24 pm »
awkwurd(spelling?)

Awkward I beleive.

And dark and light is randomly generated terrain?? Sux0rz

breetai

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2005, 04:44:44 am »
yup pretty games like that make my computer lock up, its a shame, time to upgrade again i suppose, the dragons look very well done. check out the beta tesrer screenies, tight work, beta testers rule!
Breetai Tull, traveler or many lands...
character of many games...
eq,Ko,Rose,tantra,AQ,PQ,and more ...
never once did i max level

Breetai Tull... Forever Noob