Author Topic: FAQ of technical problems, please read!  (Read 35633 times)

Astasia

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
Success!
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2003, 10:24:01 am »
Hello Moogie, and thank you for the quick and friendly help!

I decided to download the pre-compiled .exe file and finally got it up and running with my \'Astasia\' character :)
It turned dark as soon as I entered the new world, so until I can see again I just tucked myself away and came back here to get more helpful info on the How\'s, What\'s and Where\'s of the environment.

Nice looking world too, can\'t wait to actually play a bit, though I always feel a little apprehensive when I first appear in a new world. Might be a bit more reclusive than my char normally would be till I feel comfortable with my new surroundings :)

Macropodathist1

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #106 on: December 18, 2003, 09:57:27 pm »
How I envy those of you who can actually run the game! I got all the partsw, used the joiner-together thingy, all seemed well, untill I ran the exe that it made. It saysd the file is too big for my memory, but I have half a gig! Wbhat the hoo-ha is going on?..

Macropodathist1

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #107 on: December 18, 2003, 10:22:33 pm »
Well, I got that to work. I simply deleted a few files here, renamed some others there, and I got in the game. I created a character and the game crashed while it was loading the world. (Which took an unnecessarily long time) Now, when I get back in, it says I\'m linkdead. I really don\'t know what that means, but I\'m sure it\'s not good..

Dreaper

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2003, 08:59:34 pm »
Hi!

Are there any news about the lag issue? I just finished reading this thread, and there are alot of people having this client-lag problem. My framerate is like 1fps getting worse when I have alot of polygons in my field of view.
Its unplayable. It cannot have anything to do with my performance, cause I chatted with people ingame who have about the same speed/gfx card and their game runs fine.
So I downloaded the newest WinXP Nvidia Detonators (I got a Gforce2 Pro) and tried again. It didnt help - even worse - C&C Zero Hour didnt work anymore.
I turned the OpenGL colordepth to 16bpp and tried option like complian texture clamp... I have no clue what thats doing :)

So are there any ideas?

darkscythe

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2003, 06:17:52 pm »
ok hi im new any every time i try to log in i type in my forums name and pass and hit connect and it says it was wrong and game closes and i know i entered the right info wat am i doing wrong

Ghostslayer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2003, 06:20:09 pm »
Originally posted by darkscythe
ok hi im new any every time i try to log in i type in my forums name and pass and hit connect and it says it was wrong and game closes and i know i entered the right info wat am i doing wrong

If you are talking about logging into the game you do not sign up by creating an account here in the forums... you have to hit create character button on the main screen and go through that process.  The character name you choose will become your username.  The forums and the game are completely seperate.

Hope that helps.
Blitzers Guild
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.

darkscythe

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2003, 07:35:21 pm »
heres anotehr question on windows xp i opened psclient.cfg and theres no line that says bideo.fullscreen

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2003, 07:54:16 pm »
It may also be in the planeshift.cfg file.
If it\'s not, you can simply add it yourself. It will have the same effect.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2003, 07:54:54 pm by Keldorn »
m.vanes

wumpus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #113 on: December 29, 2003, 06:45:03 pm »
Originally posted by darkgamer
cant rember where in the town but there is a gate and a tower you just walk in to the tower and you go over the gate (i.e some call this wall climbing) just thought it would useful

Well.. actually I managed to do this.

I\'m out of everything, kind of below the plane the city hovers above.

It looked like a sea but it\'s really a big plane.

Now I got a big problem... :D  I can\'t get back.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 06:45:37 pm by wumpus »

Keldorn

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #114 on: December 29, 2003, 07:02:41 pm »
1. run the updater
2. type /spawn ingame in the chat window
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 07:03:59 pm by Keldorn »
m.vanes

wumpus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #115 on: December 29, 2003, 07:17:04 pm »
Thanks, I\'ll try that :)

wumpus

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #116 on: December 30, 2003, 02:52:09 pm »
That doesn\'t work :(
It spawns me in the place where I logged in. Not really useful as that\'s below the city :P

Monso

• Wayfarer
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #117 on: December 30, 2003, 05:43:24 pm »
Moogie?  Lol there\'s a name that\'ll catch on quick....

Anyway, I read this whle thing (finally), and got the game going, except for those other 100 questions that never got answered, the \"Why is it so slow?\" question.  I\'m having the same problem.  Here are my specs.

553 mhz
256MB Ram
Geforce 2 32MB
More than enough space left on HD (just in case).

When I run the game, all I can do is chat, moving around won\'t work, I tried the arrow keys, and they did squat, I tried the mouse, it did squat, I tried throwing my cat across the room....that did squat (for you cat-lovers, she landed on the soft pillowy couch).

Sorry for pesterin you, but none of the previous questions got answered.

Ghostslayer

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #118 on: December 30, 2003, 07:02:29 pm »
Monso, the reason that the game is slow is the unoptomized state of the code.  Most likely the next version (Crystal Blue or CB) will improve on this, so less of us will have problems with the game.

As for your system, your CPU may be what is holding you back, as your RAM and video card should be fine.  I\'m not sure what the slowest processor has been used to run this game, but I believe that the majority of users that run this version well have a faster system.

Hopefully that clears things up a bit.
Blitzers Guild
Hard Work Often Pays Off After Time, but Laziness Always Pays Off Now.

tallimar

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
lagged?
« Reply #119 on: January 04, 2004, 04:02:44 am »
have any of you devs thought about putting in \"fog\" to drop off some of the poly count?  maybe just do so as a patch or something?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2004, 04:10:55 am by tallimar »

where there is light, there are shadows.