Author Topic: God damn it/ Help me, formating C drive.  (Read 450 times)

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
God damn it/ Help me, formating C drive.
« on: July 23, 2005, 06:35:30 am »
Guys, okay.
I got XP installed on my PC cause my 98 was pretty crappy. And I had the whole system formated.
Now, since the dudes who installed the program, most likely couldn\'t read they ignored my instructions and installed a bunch of crappy programs after. Sooo, now I want to do a bit of formating myself, but I\'ve never done it before.
I was wondering if when formating, the operating system goes with the rest of the C: Drive. Cause I haven\'t got XP pro on a disc or anything. What should I do Dr. Hotdog?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 06:36:21 am by ajdaha »
love

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 06:38:42 am »
Yes, if you format your hard drive, it will completely wipe everything on it. My suggestion: Just uninstall the programs you don\'t need. Otherwise get a Win XP bootable install cd and go to work.

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 06:40:48 am »
Thanks.
The computer seems to be slower than before the formating. My god.
love

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 06:43:15 am »
That is a possibility as most programs have a bad tendency of leaving residue even after having been uninstalled.

On a side note, could you please not use offensive thread titles? Thanks.

fken

• Hydlaa Notable
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 11:08:02 am »
first of all try to find the recquired cd of windows... did you pay for your release? (please dont answer especially if you dont) if yes you must have a cd of windows! (if you havent it please shout you want your release of windows to the peanuted peanut of peanut shopkeeper who make funny of you until youll have it !!!!)

Next dont be scared by the installation of your computer, I installed my first os when i was 13 (and I had no experience with computers when I was 13)...

it will ask you what do you wanna do with your partition. I personaly think having some partition is the good way to work : you wont be forced to erase every important data each time windows crash and need to be reinstalled

And finally Im scared your computer could be not powerful enough... What about your memory and your cpu ?
256 mb is required if you wanna have a good display with Win XP. Same things for some release of linux desktop

and a 650Mhz may be recquired I think

(my first computer with winXP was a Tbird 800Mhz 256Mb : working well)

dont upgrade to the sp2...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 11:11:41 am by fken »

Phinehas

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 11:14:31 am »
Originally posted by fken

256 mb is required if you wanna have a good display with Win XP. Same things for some release of linux desktop

and a 650Mhz may be recquired I think

If you don\'t have at least those specs then it\'s not even worth bothering. Get a new computer. :P

ajdaha

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 07:08:56 am »
Lol. Thats genious. I should JUST get a new computer.
I\'ll do it now.
*Nasistrus illius allakhazam...
 (I wish, sigh)
love

Rerogo

• Hydlaa Resident
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 02:06:23 pm »
Also, to remove annoying program\'s residue, there are several registry cleaners out there.
Start->Run->msconfig will apparently allow you to prevent some programs from starting at login.
Posted by fken
I installed my first os when i was 13

I believe I first did this when I was 10, but I probably had more comp experience at that time.

Waurelie Rerogo