Author Topic: how to change the backgroud image of pawsedittextbox?  (Read 376 times)

arcus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
how to change the backgroud image of pawsedittextbox?
« on: July 26, 2005, 05:23:54 am »
hi, all
I\'m using paws to make gui, and I think the backgroup and border of the pawsedittextbox is not so beautiful, so I make some change for it.
1. If I set the backgroup image for this pawsedittextbox, it is very difficult to make the image to fit the pawseditboxsize.
2. If I set a pawstextbox with same pistion for this pawseditextbox, it is very easy to lose the pawsedittextbox\'s focus, and then the backgroud image of the pawstextbox will be on the top and no text will be displayed.
Is there any simple way can implement this?

Thanks
Frank

AryHann

• Veteran
  • WonderWoman
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 01:36:57 am »
Doesn\'t it depend from the general background image of the window?
AryHann

http://www.reflex.lth.se/culture/annelov - Virtual Annelöv -
Engine Dep. - One of Talad's Angels - Aka ww & Ahrijani's Goddess

Cherppow

• Hydlaa Citizen
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2005, 05:32:37 am »
Hi.

Hmm, by default the pawsEditTextBox has no bgimage, leaving its background transparent. Just like AryHann said, you can then apply any wanted background to  the window\'s backdrop image.

If you especially want the pawsEditTextBox to have its own background image, just add a tag in the widget. Shouldn\'t be any different from setting up any other background images. Note that the sizes in xml are for 800x600 resolution and (by default) the windows are resized from those values, if different resolution is used.

You can also create unique Resource for your background images in the imagelist.xml, this way you can ensure that no other element is affected by your changes.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2005, 05:35:15 am by Cherppow »

arcus

• Traveller
    • View Profile
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 04:57:18 am »
I have solved the problem.

thx a lot!
frank